• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Strange Power Additions

Hey everyone. Recently officially joined this wiki after viewing it for around a year and decided to see where I can help out, so I might as well start off with this. Dr. Strange’s profile is severely lacking in some abilities. As I am new to this, super open to any needed modifications in this post:

Healing (Heals Carol Danvers arm from a non-physical wound) Ms. Marvel #4
Biological Manipulation (Allows for Tony Stark’s heart to continue functioning) New Avengers: Illuminati #1
Purification (Cleanses a man of a demon) X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl #1
Statistics Amplification (Amps some warriors with a ritual) Thor: Vikings #4
Creation (Materializes restraints around a man) Doctor Strange: The Oath #3
Deconstruction (Reduces an object to “nothingness”) X-Statix Presents: Dead Girl #5
Plant Manipulation (Grows a carnivorous plant) Marvel Holiday Special
Power Modification (Enhances Spider-Man’s spider-sense “a thousand-fold”) Spider-Man Family #5
Ice Manipulation (Traps an alien in a block of ice) The Defenders #72
Invisibility (Casts a spell of invisibility on hulk and himself) The Defenders #1
Electricity Manipulation (Calls down several thunderbolts) The Defenders #12
Duplication (Creates several copies of himself) The Defenders #15
Absolute Zero (Freezes Wrecker in a wave of absolute zero) Doctor Strange #2 Vol. 1
Extrasensory Perception (Senses the destruction of Tokyo) Marvel Team-Up
Shadow manipulation (Creates an aura of shadow and light) Strangle Tales #118
Intangibility (Phases two men through a wall) Strange Tales #119
Explosion Manipulation (Knocks back a wizard with an explosion) New Avengers #37
Causality Manipulation (Prevents changes in the past from affecting the present) Avengers/Invaders #4

Resistances:
Hellfire Manipulation (Protects himself from Ghost Rider’s blast) Ghost Rider #3
Paralysis Inducement (Easily steps out of a paralyzing field) The Defenders #31
Sound manipulation (Survives a scream loud enough to shatter a moon) Doctor Strange #14 Vol. 5
Poison Manipulation (Forged an amulet that can shield him from poisons) Doctor Strange #12 Vol. 5

Last edited:
Platform Creation (Creates platforms for the other Defenders) The Defenders #98
seems like he is doing it via energy projection

Power Bestowal (Gives Spider-Man astral abilities) The Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #42
Hm, not really sure about this.

Electricity Manipulation (Calls down several thunderbolts) The Defenders #12
I think you linked the wrong scan. The scan linked is from New Avengers 30-something

Perception
Eh, idk about that. Any change within Galactus was being felt by most beings across the cosmos, so not sure this is the best example.

Information Manipulation (Withdrew money from his bank account) The Spectacular Spider-Man #21
No? At best thing is tech manip of some sort?

Intangibility (Phases two men through a wall) Strange Tales #119
Is there a higher version of the scan? It's pretty hard to read

Power Nullification (Isn’t affected by a localized neural net) New Avengers #29
Pretty sure its because he is magic and not like standard powers like spidey and others had. That seems more like biological power null.

Can you post the full scan? IIrc, he tanked it via forcefield or something.

Also, can you reference them with year dates or volume numbers - like the marvel wiki does? It's a little hard to tell sometimes because of how many different comics share the same title.

Rest looks alright to me.

seems like he is doing it via energy projection
Fair, removed it.

Hm, not really sure about this.
Could you explain as to why?

I think you linked the wrong scan. The scan linked is from New Avengers 30-something
Fixed.

Eh, idk about that. Any change within Galactus was being felt by most beings across the cosmos, so not sure this is the best example.
Replaced it with another example then.

No? At best thing is tech manip of some sort?
Removed it.

Is there a higher version of the scan? It's pretty hard to read
No sorry, that's about as clear as I can get the full page.

Pretty sure its because he is magic and not like standard powers like spidey and others had. That seems more like biological power null.
Would the neural net be biological manipulation resistance then?

Can you post the full scan? IIrc, he tanked it via forcefield or something.
The scan before it depicts him as being extremely close, as well there being no forcefields present I believe.

Also, can you reference them with year dates or volume numbers - like the marvel wiki does? It's a little hard to tell sometimes because of how many different comics share the same title.
Added in volume numbers and/or year dates where needed, my bad.

Rest looks alright to me.
Great, thank you for the overview. Do you have any insight on what ability this ability is though?

Mehhhh don’t do years, Marvel Database or even any legit comics resource doesn’t do years, only shitty piracy sites do

Could you explain as to why?
The way I see it, it's just regular astral projection - but he is casting it on someone else. If Spidey managed to still have that ability, then sure, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Would the neural net be biological manipulation resistance then?
I don't think strange would get anything from it. But if Spidey or someone tanked it in that arc, then likely they could get limited bio resistance or somesuch.

The scan before it depicts him as being extremely close, as well there being no forcefields present I believe

Should be fine now that I reread it those pages. Also, add all these three scans when adding them to his file. Cause the original scan is cropped and kinda hard to get full context from it.

Do you have any insight on what ability this ability is though?
Causality manipulation.

The way I see it, it's just regular astral projection - but he is casting it on someone else. If Spidey managed to still have that ability, then sure, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Fair, I removed it then.

I don't think strange would get anything from it. But if Spidey or someone tanked it in that arc, then likely they could get limited bio resistance or somesuch.
Removed this as well.

Should be fine now that I reread it those pages. Also, add all these three scans when adding them to his file. Cause the original scan is cropped and kinda hard to get full context from it.
Makes sense, I added the links in.

Causality manipulation.
Thank you. If everyone agrees with the additions, when can these be added?

Mehhhh don’t do years, Marvel Database or even any legit comics resource doesn’t do years, only shitty piracy sites do
Given that Marvel has been constantly relaunching their publications in recent years, in hopes to slightly drive up their sales numbers, it is almost impossible to keep track of the continuity for casual readers without publication dates, and Wikipedia also uses them as a standard, so I obviously do not mind if we do so as well.

I do not know if you know how to edit according to our standards well enough to handle it.

If you have not done so yet, would you be willing to handle it please?

Okay. No problem. I know the feeling. I haven't been able to respond to as many content revisions as I used to lately.

Back