• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC2 Dante is stronk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Small thing here, I just want to update Dante's DMC2 Key description. Currently, it has these details:

Low Multiverse level (Likely stronger than his father at this point. Defeated an alternate version of Mundus, that was more powerful than the original, without any trouble. Later he defeated Argosax, who was also stated to be comparable to Mundus, without much effort. Stated in Before the Nightmare that Argosax and whole events of Dumary Island were an "easy job")
As you guys can see, there are a few small problems here. First, the "Likely" for his scaling above his father. Currently, we assume Sparda's powerlevel to be above Sparda DT Dante and Mundus by an unknown amount, which means while he is, indeed, a God Tier, there is a rather big gap between him and DMC2 Dante, the feats mentioned on his key are already good enough to put Dante higher than his father, but, it also lacks his biggest feat yet (and then we reach the second problem), it has no Chen

Who's Chen ? He's one of the most powerful beings in the series but it's a bit unknown since some DMC people don't know many details from the novels, while Void Mundus (stronger than Base Mundus) and Argosax didn't had a single chance against Dante, Chen actually pushed him and only was defeated when Dante's insane Demon and Sparda juice kicked in and allowed him to overpower him. This not only shows us more about Dante's powers in relation to his father (Since Chen was already stronger than him since he literally had what Sparda had + Beastheads), but also shows us said Key Description problem since he absolutely HAS to be there, so people can better understand the gap between the God Tiers in DMC. I'm not going to touch on why Chen is at that level or anything, as it' already accepted and on their profiles, feel free to do so if you want.

So basically, my proposal to DMC2 Dante is:

Low Multiverse level (Surpassed Sparda's powers. Casually defeated an alternate version of Mundus, that was more powerful than the original, without any trouble. Matched and eventually surpassed Chen, who had 70% of Sparda's body and the Beastheads into his own. Later during the events of Devil May Cry 2, Dante easily defeated both Bolverk and Argosax, stating on later novels that said events were a "easy job")

Like I said, small thing but quite relevant for Vs Threads

Last edited:
Chen was beating Dante in his fight, it was thanks to Beryl's Anti-Magic bullet that Dante was able to defeat him

Agree with this too.

Maybe we should add some scans on DMC2 Dante's AP section?

Like in this part put ''Matched and eventually surpassed Chen, who had 70% of Sparda's body''

And on this one too ''Later during the events of Devil May Cry 2, Dante easily defeated both Bolverk and Argosax, stating on later novels that said events were a "easy job".

We can also put the Before the Nightmare scans on Mundus's and Argosax's AP sections too if people want, when they says that ''both split the Underworld in two different sides for each of them''.

Nothing seems wrong with it, it doesn't really contradict the game feats, and seems fine. (Yes, I sat through the horrid that is DMC2.)

Agree with this too.

Maybe we should add some scans on DMC2 Dante's AP section?

Like in this part put ''Matched and eventually surpassed Chen, who had 70% of Sparda's body''

And on this one too ''Later during the events of Devil May Cry 2, Dante easily defeated both Bolverk and Argosax, stating on later novels that said events were a "easy job".

We can also put the Before the Nightmare scans on Mundus's and Argosax's AP sections too if people want, when they says that ''both split the Underworld in two different sides for each of them''.
Thank you for the scans, I'll add them for sure

I know it's a small thing guys, but regardless a staff input is important, I'll summon someone made of glass to take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back