• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC2 Bolverk slight upgrade

I love how everyone who came before us didn't even noted all the things that the lore has. Just look at Dante's profile.

He is now a good wall with all those resistances, some good hax and on top of that the 3-A keys.

Yeah, I was thinking on this

With a few months we added a lot of stuff to the verse, and some New profiles

I remember that it was me who did a CRT to include DMC2 stuff like the Hearts tho, something obvious that should be in his profile since the beggining

About Bolverk

I agree with everything, however, I don't think this is contradicted by the Novel. Yes, Dante defeats Mundus, but I actually don't remember the novel saying that it was easy of something like that, and Dante could be using Devil Trigger, who knows ? He could be serious aswell, since we have a HUGE difference between Casual Dante and Serious Dante

When casual, he was stated to be weaker than Chen, but one shoted him when he went serious

I guess we can say, considering the events of DMC2, that Dante was serious and possibly using DT against Mundus

The serious and casual Dante could very well fit here, maybe he was sleeping on Bolverk the first time, he proved stronger and Dante got serious enough to defeat him, the second time he just went in and whooped him.

Also, the novel describes the battle as easy for Dante, easier than the one with his mundus.

If you're talking about Void Mundus, it was pretty explicitly stated that it was a breeze for Dante, and he himself was shocked by how much he no diffed.

Considering that a DT can make Dante strong enough to absolutely destroy someone comparable to his base form, I believe he used against Mundus

Makes much more sense

Believe me, He didn't.He would've mentioned Void Mundus being difficult to fight before going Devil trigger if he did.

Dark pointed something out - that the part about Bolverk being a difficult to handle foe for Dante could be possibly gameplay-only.

Bolverk would still be solidly upgraded to 3-A via being stated as in equal standing to Sealed Sparda, but hey, maybe we can still save the Void Mundus inconsistency.

Bolverk also held this: Devil May Cry 2, Item File — Sacrilege: "This will generate distortion and bring the world closer to the demon world."

Though it could be nothing feat or tiering wise

The Sacrileges require being triggered by the demonic statues in Arius's palace to work, and their purpose is to specifically counteract Argosax's distortions by rearranging the palace to something that can be actually traversed (instead of the "circles of infinite confusion" you see), so no, it wouldn't be anything.

Bolverk having one of those is probably gameplay progression only, as they aren't used for attack and serve a specific purpose with a specific kind of energy, and it just so happens to aid the player character's progression.

Yeah, what?

Dante himself should totally gain Resistance to Time Slow/potentially Time Stop, though. Since it is confirmed by the guidebook that time is being distorted on Vie de Marli by the approaching Demon World, and potentially stopped - at the very least massively slowed.

And guess what...Argosax gains passive Time Stop or Time Slow. Hell.

Dante Demon Killah said:
And what about hax ? I believe that we have some abilities missing from his profile
I don't know about hax but he can teleport and create a black/purple fire/mist thing to send to a target

Another passive hax Argosax should gain is Possession...or maybe it counts as corruption, but in-game and in the guide it was described as possession.

Argosax passively possessed Arius and corrupted him into a monster.

I know it's off-topic, but since we were talking about haxes and resistances.

I'll look for something regarding Bolverk hax

Also, I agree that Dante should have Resistance on his own against "Time Manipulation" and Argosax should have a passive Time Manipulation

I believe Arius was the only "human" on the Island when Argosax appeared and he was haxed by Argosax's possession and corruption

Lucia scales to Resistance to Possession and Time Manipulation since she was there

Aaand...Matier aswell

Remember that time when Argosax was one of the weakest Top Tier ? Well, things change huh

Eh, I agree with Lucia scaling to Resistance to Time Manip, but Arius got possessed because he indirectly interacted with Argosax, so it is probably safer to assume that being possessed by Argosax requires being on his presence.

Back