• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DMC Novel 1 Scaling

This the sandbox which summarizes the argument for Tony/Dante and Gilver new tiers.

The primary reason why I advocate the splitting the keys is that Dante is wildly powerful over Tony. This is especially seen with enormous difference in Blitz and Bael strength difference.
My proposed scaling chain is:-
8C=Blitz<<<Proto Angelo<<<Tony.
Tony<<<<Dante
8A=Bael<<<Dante=Gilver<<<Nelo Gilver + Nexus Amp=AD Dante.
AD = Accelerated Development.

But some people believe that Blitz should be above Bael, even though Bael is a devil boss and Blitz is a elite demon fodder in the same game. This is not a case of Shadow in DMC1/5 being superior to bosses from other games where this logic can be applied.
But I am not averse to the logic either, If anyone can make convincing argument for Blitz>=Bael I am all ears. The result of this scaling will make Split key redundant, since Blitz becomes 8A himself, and everyone just scales above that. This will save us the trouble of splitting keys entirely. Tony/Dante will just be 8A all around.
Then the scaling would be:-
8A=Bael<=Blitz<<<Proto Angelo<<<Tony<<<Dante=Gilver<<<Nelo Gilver + Nexus Amp=AD Dante.
AD= Accelerated Development.

With that I end my proposal.

Lightning's proposal.
8C=Blitz<<<Proto Angelo<<<Tony<<<Dante= Gilver<<<Nelo Gilver + Nexus Amp=AD Dante.
And no splitting of keys.

Last edited:
8-C is perfectly fine (Angelos scaling above Blitz) but I don't get why you are scaling Gilver above Bael, what's the connection ? What makes him scale above Bael and the other don't ? I know he is stronger, but what quote connects him to Bael in some way ?

Bael may be stated to be "common", but if you take the quote's meaning, it's talking about their number/population, not about their power, and to scale above them we must obviously connect them powerwise

King Cerberus also called Bael as "weak", but said statement comes from a At least 7-B that not only would see anything below Tier 7 as weak (Because they are), but is also a rather arrogant demon consistently calling others weak

Thats a fair analysis. I somewhat agree with your points too.
So your proposal is basically:-
8C=Blitz<<<Proto Angelo<<<Tony<<<Gilver<<<Nelo Gilver + Nexus Amp=Dante.
and no need to split keys.

I personally neutral on this, gonna see what I and other's can come up with in counter.

Shit, I'll fix it.
Yeap

With no power connection, we should avoid using Bael, and without him, his P&A should look like this:
I'll add this as second proposal in CRT.

Screenshot_20210810-055331_Drive.jpg

Can someone make an Imgur scan of this pls....
Screenshot_20210604-113948_Chrome.jpg

You forgot the ''+'' there in the Building level, but other than that is perfect.

With no power connection, we should avoid using Bael, and without him, his P&A should look like this:
Well, maybe a ''possibly/likely'' could work? Since they are high ranking demons sired by Mundus and they should likely be more powerful than a common demon in the DW like bael, especially if they are worth to be part of Mundus's army.

remember that mundus and High levels demons can't travel to Human world at that time, so it is not that we can say that the Black knights and Gilver are very powerful demons
You forgot the ''+'' there in the Building level, but other than that is perfect
Why +?

remember that mundus and High levels demons can't travel to Human world at that time, so it is not that we can say that the Black knights and Gilver are very powerful demons
Before the nightmare says that the Black Knights are created to "overshadow the power of all his minions", so they should be stronger than others demons like Blitz and Assault in Mundus's army, the travel thing is likely a bit of plot hole in this case, since they never explain how they get in the HW. Although they mention that sometimes random gaps can appear that alow demons to travel to the other side, so i guess we can say that is the case here.
Being ligthing makes you half tier in 8-C.

Before the nightmare says that the Black Knights are created to "overshadow the power of all his minions", so they should be stronger than others demons like Blitz and Assault in Mundus's army, the travel thing is likely a bit of plot hole in this case, since they never explain how they get in the HW. Although they mention that sometimes random gaps can appear that alow demons to travel to the other side, so i guess we can say that is the case here.
Ah ok

Being ligthing makes you half tier in 8-C.
I always thought that was the baseline

they should likely be more powerful than a common demon in the DW like bael, especially if they are worth to be part of Mundus's army.
Normally that could work, but we do know that there are weak demons on Mundus' army, Blitz for example is also worthy of said position and yet we are not scaling him above Bael here, it's a bit arbitrary to select a few and say they are likely/possibly above Bael based on the title, if said title applies to all of them

We need to fix Blitz's Durability guys, it's only "likely 8-C" and with current Demon Energy shenanigans it should fully scale to his AP

Normally that could work, but we do know that there are weak demons on Mundus' army, Blitz for example is also worthy of said position and yet we are not scaling him above Bael here, it's a bit arbitrary to select a few and say they are likely/possibly above Bael based on the title, if said title applies to all of them

We need to fix Blitz's Durability guys, it's only "likely 8-C" and with current Demon Energy shenanigans it should fully scale to his AP
yes, and we also need to link this for his AP speed ratings
or the lightning feats page...

lightning is 1.6 Gigs joule while baseline 8C is 1 gig.......and mid 8C is 4 gigs.....sooo
Oh, my bad there, it's more close to baseline than in the middle of the tier.

Well, true on that tho, i'm neutral on Bael scaling atm.
Another low tier scaling is coming after this one, we decide to make only Dante and Gilver rn, because we still trying to find proof that's Bianco Angelos fought against Blitz and because more people are getting new keys in the low tier scaling that's will come soon (Nero is getting a bulding level key too for example).

Yes, the scaling above Blitz is solid, and boi there are some really good fights we can make with that Tier
Eh, with the amout of haxs they have along with the vast majority of than being in 4D level because of the Demon World Energy, i will honestly not put much faint on that tbh.

Specially that another wall of haxs additions is comming for the verse in the future

D for example is having a hard time to get into 5th 8-C spot, and he makes Dante look like a baby in every single way

They have some fights

Hmm, interesting, i thought D was top 3 or 2 there. Well, you got my interest Lighting.

In the meantime that's we will wait for this CTR to be concluded, i will start reading VHD novels, since i'm already finished reading Deadly Fortune again

Last edited:
I mean lower demons is a broad term. I am sure Lady among other human Devil Hunters regularly kill lower demons.

Don't think there is enough evidence that Dante before he regained his memories killed demons as strong as Blitz, or that Mundus was in a position to send demons that powerful to the human world.

I mean lower demons is a broad term. I am sure Lady among other human Devil Hunters regularly kill lower demons.

Don't think there is enough evidence that Dante before he regained his memories killed demons as strong as Blitz, or that Mundus was in a position to send demons that powerful to the human world.
The scaling is more than that

The Knights are stated to be created in order to surpass all of Mundus's lower forces, and Blitz, despite being elite among them, is still stated to be inside said section, so Gilver being higher than him makes sense, their scaling is directly connected

Mister reading the VHD novels ? Why do I sense massive VHD Hax Additions coming ?
Jokes on you, I'm already found something that is not in D's profile not even in the first 20 pages

Doesn't mean that the early attempts of creating this demons, such as with Gilver, were successful.
True on that, but they never mention or hint that the Black Knights like Gilver are a failure for Mundus, even though they failed to kill Dante in the end, the only mention in BtN of a creation being a failure is Lucia, which was created by Arius and eventually discarded. Is safe to say that Mundus did achieve is goals, but the sons of Sparda did prove to be more stronger than he thought and thanks to the sealing made by Sparda, he was unable to try to send more powerfull demons to kill Dante and Vergil. in the end.

Well, just to let people here know, we decided to add a minor hax addition to the sandbox, since it is related to the novel and is very minor thing:

Statistics Reduction and Corrosion Inducement for Demon World (just a nexus is already capable to reduce the strength of someone that enters inside there and can also make decay and root everything when it is consuming the Human World and the Demon World himself is not only capable to corrode people by being close to his influence at night when his effects became more stronger, but to also corrode people like Dante, who was completely not affected by the nexus many years prior when he fought for the last time against Gilver, but when he was in the Mallet Island, he needed to adapt to it to survive his body not being corroded by the influence of the Demon World. And resistance to all low tier demons: (Demons are unaffected by the nexus, which is capable to reduce the strength of someone that enters inside there and can also make decay and root everything when it is consuming the Human World and they are also unaffected by the Demon World himself, which is not only capable to corrode people by being close to his influence at night when his effects became more stronger, but to also corrode people like Dante, who needed to adapt to it to survive his body not being corroded by the influence of the Demon World in the Mallet Island, even though he was completely not affected by the nexus many years prior when he fought for the last time against Gilver, which the nexus was corroding the Bobby Cellar, and, eventually the entire Human World)

Adaptation against stronger Corrosion Inducement on Mallet Island for the Sparda Physiology: (Dante adapted when he was having his body corroded when the night was falling and the influence from the Demon World in Mallet Island was getting much more stronger and after some time was passed and he entered in the Demon World, Dante only did have his clothes corrode this time, but not his body, even though he was completely not affected by the nexus many years prior when he fought for the last time against Gilver, which the nexus was corroding the Bobby Cellar, and, eventually the entire Human World)

Just this only.

Yeap.

Is also fits with DMC1 guidebook that mentions that when nigh falls, people can go insane when they are in the island thanks to demonic influence there.

Pay close attention to add this to High 3-A Sparda Physiology btw

Also, Lady and Arkham should also get Resistance as they were close a Nexus (?) in DMC3

Pay close attention to add this to High 3-A Sparda Physiology btw
I mean, considering that fodder demons can resist the Demon World's haxs, i think is just Dante getting affected once and eventually adapting to it, not exactly something that he need to be on his High 3-A key to be able to do it, since he can already go to the DW since DMC3 events, although Dante is post DT there, so maybe should go to 6-C Sparda Physiology.
Also, Lady and Arkham should also get Resistance as they were close a Nexus (?) in DMC3
Arkham can enter inside the Demon World, so he can get everything resistance from DWE and he also have some incomplete demonic power inside him, thanks to the ritual that he did when he killed his wife.

Lady can get Corrosion Inducement, illusion creation and maybe sleep hax too (Thanks Volume 1 for that) by being close to the Demon World in DMC3.

Not like it matters....wherever you wanna put the adaptation.
His adaptation feats from Novel 1 will always be most impressive.
This corrosion stuff from Mallet is fodder lvl adaptation.

Back