• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DLC powers

No, I'm asking why the Boss gets to have DLC powers? I'm not debating here because I support that the Boss would win because of Master Chief's slower speed. If he can get DLC powers, why not Cole and his Sniper Blast, his Lightning Hook or other DLC powers? Heck, why not Alex and his DLC powers and weapons?

It's the same question for Dante because he didn't show getting the Beowulf gauntlets and his Gilgamesh already does the exact same thing as Vergil's Beowulf(getting Beowulf is meaningless and no offence). I mean, I know it's special edition but, was it even said in lor or anything about Dante having the Beowulf gauntlets?

The problem with DLC is canonicity. Unless the DLC specifically pertains to the story (i.e. takes place after it) and is not a throwaway extra, then yes, DLC powers can be used (but should be listed in a tab).

However, not all DLC is like this. For example, Prototype 2's DLC lets the player use a Thermobaric Launcher, a rocket launcher modified to have the power of a thermobaric tank but this is never brought up in story, implying a lack of canonicity.

In Saint's Rows case, the powers would not fall out of canon due to most the fourth game taking place inside of a hacked virtual reality simulator, thus allowing for such things without appearing wildly out of place (as the case I mentioned earlier would).

This wiki prefers the use of canon profiles unless explicitly stated.

Maybe we should have a note or list of abilities that are DLC Powerups for them? Like separate forms?

Medusa's Gaze of Alex would be city level probably with how easy it takes out Goliaths.

Back