• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DiU speed upgrade (or downgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Efi hush, you know damn well that isn't the case, you know damn well that isn't what happened, and you know damn well that's complete and utter conjecture on your end and if it WAS the case, RHCP would've have recognized that, and just like, popped up from somewhere else? I do not have time to deal with you. I can not stress this enough do not insert your headcannon in this.
The fact they never mention it's going to slow him down, the fact it's not mentioned in any supplementary material (Meanwhile shit like RHCP attacking from Josuke's blindspots to make it harder for him to react is said, making the RHCP issue a combination of things), and the fact they FLAT OUT SAY what it's doing, in that, it's just serving as a warning he's coming so Josuke can actually tell CD where the hell to strike.

We aren't going with your headcanon, worst part is slowing it down is laughable, do you really think a flimsy bubble a toddler could pop is going to slow RHCP down? Hell, he isn't even stuck in it, he hasn't even emerged from the wire to get stuck in the first place. What's happening is effectively the same as sticking a wire in a puddle, it's discharge.

There is no "should", cease this behavior.
The strategy was never even hinted to have anything to do with being slowed down. Don't make shit up.

What you think doesn't matter if that's what happened.
RHCP is moving and is coming at them at lightspeed, the tar warns of his approach and that he's in that wire due to the electrical discharge. Now that they know which wire he's in, CD strikes, smashing his face in before he can finish crossing the wire, emerge, and attack.
This is what happened, this the point, there is no "I don't think it's this fast", because it being that fast is the whole premise behind the action.
If it wasn't that fast, RHCP would've unironically outsped the bubble, any other argument which just make CD faster, not slower. Either way, factually incorrect, cease.

Josuke and Koichi do not have similar reactions. I can bring up over a dozen examples, do not make claims that are demonstrably false. I'm not asking fyi, I don't want to see anything said that would take me a whole five seconds to prove false.

There is no issue Efi, it unironically, all checks out, I'm actually surprised it's as consistent as this. Josuke having issues, CD being as fast as it is, they're relation to Stands that are that fast, everything, it all lines up to a relatively decent degree.

Efi that is actually wrong.
RHCP doesn't control his speed in the wire, he's equal to the speed of light, no more, no less. There is no "moving slower". If I must I'll even bring up the relevant guides.
And yes, tar is less conductive compared to the wire (which even IRL, has electricity move at 98c% fyi), but RHCP isn't being conducted by the tar, he's in the wire coming, he isn't already exited, that's the misunderstanding you're having.
If he was exiting, he'd 1. Notice the tar, go oh ****, and then just like, not emerge? 2. He emerged after Josuke was alerted, electricity sparking where he comes from is a signal of him, not him itself.

You're also just kinda ignoring the concept of distance here, being slower than him but reacting to him when you know he's coming from like 10 feet away isn't the same as reacting to him after he already emerged, punched you in the dick, and then dipped out. That isn't to say Josuke is as fast or doesn't struggle, but don't simplify things, it's disingenuous.
A bit of an overreaction but ok then. I remembered Josuke and Koichi to have similar reactions but if they don't then ok. I did ignore the "concept of distance" there, my bad. And I do still think that the coal tar slowing him down is a logical thing to say (Since an electric being needing to form from below it doing so slower than how he would form otherwise seems perfectly reasonable. Koichi said that that stuff was everywhere and noted it just as late as RHCP, so RHCP just popping up from somewhere else is not an option. And no supplementary material touching this can simply be coincidence), but it fortunately doesn't seem to matter.

A bit of an overreaction but ok then.
I will die on the hill that is JoJo speed CRT's, which is saying a lot because I'm bout to beat Part 6 into the ******* ground 🗿
I blame Araki for deciding that anything past Part 3 isn't allowed to have good stats because power escalation is bad apparently tbh. I also blame monogatari man for endorsing it.
And I do still think that the coal tar slowing him down is a logical thing to say (Since an electric being needing to form from below it doing so slower than how he would form otherwise seems perfectly reasonable.
Efi, that's actual headcanon mate, never said, never implied, never touched. If that was a factor, you'd think Koichi would have went "The tar slows him down just enough for Josuke to react!" or something, given Koichi is literally dropping expodumps and explaining what's happening that whole time.
In fact I can grab 7 different times electricity spawns from his origin point before he exists the thing. It's a warning sign of his approach, he discharges electrical currents. The fact of the matter is they still reacted to it while he was within the wire moving at lightspeed, just distance is problematic.

I have scaled the tiles though, depending on the panels the entry ports vary between 3 to 7m.
Koichi said that that stuff was everywhere and noted it just as late as RHCP, so RHCP just popping up from somewhere else is not an option. And no supplementary material touching this can simply be coincidence), but it fortunately doesn't seem to matter.
Supplementary can be suspect, I won't lie, in fact if it isn't explicitly corroborated by the source material I don't even bother with it, but it wasn't everywhere, it was on like, two ports. We straight up see it tbh, and there's about 14 ports. Not really an option ngl.

Last edited:
I blame Araki for deciding that anything past Part 3 isn't allowed to have good stats because power escalation is bad apparently
That's pretty accurate, tho I like the idea of what came before having its legacy and respecting the position The World was said to have & SP was revealed to be comparable to.
Why isn't this closed yet?
There is nothing left?

Sorry. It seems like I had a head-glitch. I have handled it now.

Reactions: Sus
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back