• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discworld Ability Dump/Statements: CRT Sorta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I'm gonna place whatever feats I find from re-reading Discworld.

Current Books:

The Hogfather

Reaper Ma

Snuff

Men at Arms

Jingo

Death

HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
~ Death​
  • Transmutation: In The Hogfather, Death, posing as the Hogfather, transforms a real metal sword into a wooden one after a mother complains of it being too dangerous.
  • Creation: As the Hogfather again, Death creates gifts for people based on what they want. This is also supported by the fact that stuff like cobwebs and umbrella stands appear in his mansion because he wants them.
  • Telepathy: Hogfather, he reads the minds of children to get what they want. Their exact name and age, too.
  • Physics Manipulation: Physics are stated, alongside time, to not work like they do in the real world in Death's realm and if Death ceased to be, things would essentially go crazy.
  • Self-Sustenance: Self explanatory. He doesn't eat or sleep, he can breathe in space or at the bottom of the ocean, etc etc.
  • Abstract Existence (Type 3): It is made pretty clear that beings like the Hogfather are embodiments given form based on some concept, and it is stated beings like Death are exactly similar. This is supported in Reaper Man when it is made clear that a new embodiment is made when the old one leaves.
  • Air Manipulation: The sword above has a statement of cutting through air particles.
  • Non-Corporeal: He often forgets what doors are for, and can just walk through walls at will. Alternatively we could classify this as Intangibility, it really just depends on what is natural for him.
  • Immortality: For all creatures like Death. They should get their Immortalities specified. It'd be Type 1 and 8 so long as belief is there. Death should obviously have Type 7.
Susan Sto-Helit
Granddaughter of Death, Governess, and Duchess. Also pretty damned good with a poker. She's a page I'd like to make.

• Summoning: She can summon Binkie, Death's horse, who is so fast it can move in stopped time and can go anywhere, even other dimensions (like the Tooth Fairy's realm).
  • Soul Manipulation: With Death's blade. She says it can cut the soul from the body if you touch it.
  • Intangibility: Can render herself intangible to go through walls and stuff.
  • Limited Shapeshifting: She can change her face to what I've come to call a Death Mask- her eyes get sunken and whatnot, which grants several powers.
  • Fear Manipulation: A bogeyman, a being that is around the most terrifying monsters of Discworld constantly, was instantly left screaming and wailing by looking at her Death Mask.
  • Mind Manipulation: By speaking in the tones of Death, she can make people do as she please. Only shown to work on a handful of people thus far.
  • Non-Physical Interaction: Can interact with imaginary creatures meant to frighten children. Normally beats them with pokers.
  • Limited Precognition: Not at all combat applicable. She states she can see the future through a keyhole, but that it's always too late by the time she realizes the importance of what she's seen.
  • Clairvoyance: She states she can find people very well, though she seems to need to know their full name.
  • Acausality (Type 1): Susan could remember the Hogfather's ice castle, even though it had "never existed" and people who were just there couldn't remember it at all.
The Auditors

• Existence Erasure: It is stated that if the Auditors in their dog form catch the Hogfather, it will be as if he never was. It's not death. It is removal from history.
  • Nonexistent Physiology (Type 1): They state multiple times they are "nothingness". Simple enough but if that isn't enough for some folk that's fine.
  • Non-Corporeal: They float through all kinds of stuff. Like doors.
  • Shapeshifting: Could take on the forms of dogs and presumably other animals.
  • Flight: This is literally all they do. They float.
  • Duplication: Not really combat applicable. When they die another one immediately appears to take their place.
  • Teleportation: They often just sort of appear out of nowhere.
  • Causality Manipulation: Their actions, once taken, have always happened. When the Hogfather's palace was removed, it had never existed, and they planned to do the same to Hogfather. When they made gold appear in Downey's vaults, it had always been there.
Samuel Vimes
My personal favorite character in need of severe revisions. Let's talk about ability additions.

• Clairvoyance in Darkness: By closing his eyes, he gains access to the knowledge of the Summoning Dark, which seems to know everything that happens/resides in darkness. This includes a literal exact account of a murder as well as understanding the language of the goblins.
  • Acausality (Type 1): In Jingo, Vimes' watch (Dis-Organizer) begins telling him of the events in the other timeline- this is because he got transported down the wrong timeline at some junction (called the "Pants of Destiny" or something similar). Vimes effectively is immune to certain things and gets told of events in that timeline- his memory is the same as that timeline, basically.
I have other powers listed for them, but I do not recall where they came from so not gonna list them yet.

I think that this seems fine, except that Susan's ability is not advanced enough to call shapeshifting.

• Existence Erasure: It is stated that if the Auditors in their dog form catch the Hogfather, it will be as if he never was. It's not death. It is removal from history.
Shouldn`t this also be causality manipulation?

Just advanced existence erasure I think.

Actually they probably would have Causality Manipulation, I failed to put it up there because I couldn't find the source. However I remember now- when they hired Lord Downey of he Assassin's Guild to "kill" the Hogfather, they paid him in solid gold. When asked, they said it had simply always been in his vault the second they put it there- they do seem able to make things occur in all moments of the timeline.

Bumping since added new stuff. Death's stuff should be added to his profile.

So could Death's profile be temporarily unlocked so I may make the additions/edits?

Yes. Of course. Tell me here when you are done.

Feel free to close for now. I think at some point we should add Summaries for Discworld pages, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back