• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Story: Kirito hears rumors of another player or boss that lurks around the dark streets of ALO with vampiric qualities, but no other information other than all other players who opposed him have died. Interested, Kirito decides to prepare himself for that night and waits by the street.

DIO is convinced he is close to his goal to reach Heaven, he can feel it. He chuckles to himself, for he firmly believes The World has no equal. But before him, he sees a teenage boy in a black trench coat. He watches the male draw two swords, and clenches his fists. He has heard whispers of "The Dual-Blade User" and "The Black Swordsman", and he realizes this must be him. The player known as Kirito. But in DIO's eyes, Kirito is nothing but an inferior human boy to be removed out of his way. He smirks.

Kirito sees DIO, and realizes this must be the vampire he has been hearing about. He faintly notices a shape beside the vampire. Upon closer focus, he sees a golden muscular humanoid accompanying DIO. Readying his swords, he steps closer.

Rules:

-Both have their current equipment and forms.

-Kirito can see The World, but does not have a stand himself.

-Both are against each other one-on-one, no outside interference.

-Kirito cannot use his hacks, but can use his spells and magic.

-Speed Equalized, due to DIO's arrogance

-Both have minor prep, as Kirito is only aware of DIO's abilities as a vampire, and DIO is aware of Kirito's swords, but not his exact skill.

-DIO can only use The World to freeze time for a maximum of five seconds in his perspective, and needs a recharge of a minute and a half.

-Morals are off, winner decided by death.

-Location takes place on the ALfeim streets, nighttime, lit only by lamp-posts.

Who wins and why?

Actually, The World is too fast for Kirito to even think before he's MUDA MUDA MUDA'ed into red paste, you should equalize speed, DIO currently doesn't even need to use any of his hax and just have 1/100000000th of a second of The World punching Kirito to have already won

Speed must be equalized, in which case, Kirito wins.

Transmutation gets rid of the regen problem, and DIO sadly doesn't generally use his vampirism or mind control in a fight. Time stop is great and all, but given how limited it is, Kirito can just heal or transmute (then heal) afterwards.

I would actually argue Part 1 Dio stands more of a chance ironically.

Part 1 Dio has a much easier win than Part 3 Dio, you could even argue that Dio has more hax than DIO, but I'd say DIO not using his Part 3 hax is negated by bloodlust (I just didn't wanna go the cheap route of saying "He's bloodlusted so he stops Kirito's heart using The World")

Also, Kirito does have regen, it's just not as good as DIO's regen, so Kirito not having regen isn't even a problem

I would argue that near the end of the DIO and Jotaro fight, that there was bloodlust, yet he still didn't use it, he didn't even use most of hax when he was trying to escape for his life from Jotaro.

Jotaro already knew about Dio's flesh buds (Mind Control) and his vampirism (Which Star Platinum could just punch DIO in the arm during frozen time, so that wouldn't work), Dio's hax just wasn't that usable in their fight

I don't think Jotaro had a way to counter either of them, so DIO has no reason not to use them.

SomebodyData said:
I don't think Jotaro had a way to counter either of them, so DIO has no reason not to use them.
DIO also didn't use his freezing which would've killed Jotaro, as it nearly killed Jonathan. I guess DIO was nerfed for plot, just as Yhwach didn't use any of his abilities against Ichigo

@Somebody I am not sure, Jonathan's body did give him some adjustment problem but he was able to suck blood fine and scared of sunlight, so he should be able to use freezing I think, since his other vampire abilities are functional

Well Jotaro was protrayed as the macho, alpha, edgy teenager so DIO had to be nerfed. Though I enjoyed Jotaro beating the hell out of that cocky pos. I don't mind since wacky fights are Jojo's theme. Kira's death was even more wacky lol

Vaporizing freeze wouldn't of done much to Jotaro since Star Platinum would've caved his skull in the moment he tried and Dio was purposly trying to keep his distance in the fight, a better question would of been why didn't he use SRSE.

Dio probably cant use vaporize freeze in Jonathan's body anyway as it lacks the regen speed his old body did which is one of the reasons why he was able to pull it off in the first place, of course this is just theorizing off his conversation with Hol Horse and wouldn't be a problem post Joseph anyway.

Joseph619 said:
Well Jotaro was protrayed as the macho, alpha, edgy teenager so DIO had to be nerfed. Though I enjoyed Jotaro beating the hell out of that cocky pos. I don't mind since wacky fights are Jojo's theme. Kira's death was even more wacky lol
Large Building Level ambulance?

@The Hell you gotta revise the op, if you don't include speed equalized, then I have to close this.

@J-Man hmm, thats a pretty good point, SRSE would make the most sense to use (Though perhaps this is due to regen speed, as his eyes would not heal fast).

I guess Araki didn't use much vampire abilities because he wanted to move on from hamon and vampires to stands. His motto was only a stand can beat another stand, and Jotaro was the protagonist so...

I vote for Dio due to hax edging out over the potential AP and dura disadvantage.

Also his head was fine, it was only his body that couldn't heal that fast, his left side especially taking around twice as long to heal than his right side.

If speed doesnt get equalized than this isn't even a fight.

Okay, I'll reopen this thread.

Still voting for Kirito, due to DIO's character not going into hax first and reasons above.

Additionally, DIO doesn't actually have a hax advantage, due to Kirito having hax of equal levels, even including the PB hax.

@Somebody

But can Kirito counter timestop?

That's kind of a huge trump card here, Dio can use it to land a plethora of lethal attacks and avoid attacks while also getting a few in on top of he can spam it in rapid succesion with nothing but maybe a second or two in between going off his showing with Polnareff.

Ah I see, I still vote for Dio, he's still landing a considerable amount of lethal attacks in time stop which he can just wait for Kirito to get close enough so he doesn't have to bother with crossing any distances to lands hits giving him more time.

Add that with potential phasing to attack organs as OP stated morals are off and they want death this is decisive in my view.

Dio 8-9/10 as one time stop should be enough.

Unless Kirito is somehow hitting Dio with somehax before time stop happens, correct me if so but I don't see Kirito getting past time stop.

Actually, Kirito's hax has a range advantage. And he can use his illusion manipulation to trick DIO in his time stop @J-Man

How so? kirito is technically fighting two people at once here with roughly the same caliber of raw power,

And from his profile it suggests that this illusion is a black cloud of smoke?

If so Dio can likely circumvent that as his hearing allows him to hear someone simply tap their finger on the ground from several meters away, unless this illusion includes sounds too.

The beast form with extended range could be a problem but as that is it still ain't putting either of them down and with time stop Dio should still be capable of crossing a dozen or so meters considering he crossed an unquantifable but large distance to pull a road roller out of his ass, and with speed equal he'd get supersonic+ movement speed so a few dozen meters is irrelevant.

I guess the real question is can Kirito somehow counter time stop. With someone who wants him dead, no morals and can move at supersonic speeds aka 343 meters a second.

Actually, the illusion is a giant goat-like demon that can hurt DIO, and yes it makes sound.

The illusion, like I said is a distraction, Kirito would just finish it fast with transmutation, negating the regen.

Kirito can go Hypersonic+ at Mach 11 aka over 3773 meters a second...

I'm aware the beast can harm Dio except it doesn't increase Kirito's stats as it's just an illusion.

I was referring to the black smoke illusion as if it doesn't somehow mask Kirito Dio can still find him so that ain't helping from what I can tell.

If kirito can go hypersonic then so can Dio, remember speed is equalized here and if it wasn't Dio would get triple digit c reactions and combat speed which would nerf time stop crossing speed but make it so he'd never get hit which means Dio is crossing thousands of meters a second in time stop.

Add the fact morals are off and death is the end goal, what's stopping Dio from stopping time at the start and going up to him and finishing him off at mach 11 speeds. (Although Kirito's profile suggests mach 11 is only for combat and supersonic is for movement).

Edit: Plus DIO is aware of Kirito's sword skills.

Edit: Misread. Ignore the first edit (although I don't see the point as Dio would just think they're swords at that point so only Kirito should get prep).

Actually, it can, it took out guys who had previously resisted most of Kirito's attacks.

It does tho...

Then why did you mention speed? Now that I think about it, the op said DIO is not bloodlust, just morals off. Which means he is going to take his sweet time to kill Kirito, which means he will lose a lot of time if he used time stop early.

Kirito's profile makes mention it doesn't increase his stats, if it does make a revision for it I guess.

I mentioned speed because what's stopping Dio from stopping time at the start, crossing the distance which could be huge, who knows, OP didn't specify starting distance so I'm assuming standard, which if speed is equal Dio can still easily cover the distance and spend 4.9 seconds hammering at him and doing whatever else he needs too to incapitate or kill.

Also Dio doesn't really have morals but considering he killed both Kakyoin and Joseph the first chance he got using time stop and Joseph stated that if they stayed in Dio's manor even a second longer they'd all be killed which would of meant Dio attempted to kill all of them without so much as them putting up a fight as Joseph felt incredible killing intent which he comapred to having someone stick an icicle up his ass, which is for lack of better terms, crude but ya get my drift.

The only person Dio didn't attempt to kill right away was Polnareff who he tried talking over to his side and Jotaro because he knew Jotaron was pissed and knew how strong SP is, wanted to try out how his Stand comapred, everyone else got shafted right away including Jotaro near the start.

Hmmm, strange I guess. Though it doesn't really matter, it's the transmutation that matters here.

He can easily cover it, but his character is the kind of guy that doesn't rush in time stop. He's just too cocky that way to abuse it.

And yeah, he killed Kakoyin rather fast (except Joesph, his fight is a pretty big example of what I said), however, he only managed to do one punch against Kakoyin, and while his far superior ap may work against Kakoyin, that one punch would not be enough to kill Kirito.

What? He tried to kill Joseph in the mansion, he tried to kill him on the rooftops but stopped as he realized Joseph was using Hermit Purple rigged with Hamon before saying ay that's kinda cool and then knocked him flying several meteers before sending a knife into his throat before he had teh chance to even speak a simple sentence. Plus he wanted to keep Joseph's body intact so he could absorb his blood.

And Dio while not one to rush in timestop still goes far enough to do exactly what is needed to kill, the first time stop against Jotaro he tried to kill him (but noticed his finger twitch which caught him off guard), tried killing him in the next time stop (SP gut punched him into a building right before The World could kill Jotaro), the next time stop had the knives as he didn't want to get near Jotaro due to Star Platinum being able to move in stopped time plus the knives almost killed Jotaro and the next was him trying to get away, the next two after this was DIO high off blood and then the road roller one which was one he attempted to kill in once again and even though eh did before Jotaro pulled his own time stop.

Point is Dio has attempted to kill in every time stop he's ever used with the exception of Polnareff who he wanted to scare onto his side and the one right before the knives.

Edit: While Kakyoin may not be as durable as Kirito, The World has done barrages in time stop before, using either Kirito's speed or Dio's speed, doesn't matter which, he'd still be getting punched hundreds of times assuming hax isn't brought into this like phasing but for the sake of argument I won't as he never attemtped to do that in story.

Back