• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dio Brando vs Diavolo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready for a challenge.

Dio has his eleven second time stop. Both characters have no prior knowledge of each other's powers, including the fact that Dio's a vampire. All they know as that they're Stand users. Battle takes place on a wide open field under eternal night. Both Dio and Diavolo start the battle ten meters apart facing each other.

Who wins?

Dio is taking this mid difficulty time skip doesn't negate time stop and unfortunately for diavoli he lacks regen and this fight will end with him thinking he killed dio for dio to shout out zà warudo muda muda muda dio has superior DC and dura thanks to regen

Diavolo`s power is very weird it gives him 10 seconds of precognition by erasing time by it was never shown if he could move during that time erasal so i am not sure if he can move during stopped time would his time erasal negate time stop though not sure this is a hard match.Dio would defiently have the advantage in a long fight because of his regen.

Diavolo skips time, negating timestop, then punches a hole in Dio's chest. He uses Epitaph to see that Dio would regenerate, so he punches him more.

Promestein said:
Diavolo skips time, negating timestop, then punches a hole in Dio's chest. He uses Epitaph to see that Dio would regenerate, so he punches him more.
Logically time skip/erasal should negate time stop cause time stop is just that stopping time and time erasal erases time so yea diavolo should be able to negate time stop and with his precognition would know everything dio would do before he could do it.Yea diavolo looks like he has this match.

Hope you guys aren't forgetting Dio's regenerative ability and possibly higher durability.

Natse said:
Hope you guys aren't forgetting Dio's regenerative ability and possibly higher durability.
Jotaro rendered Dio incapable of doing anything but crawling with a single blow to the head, and killed him by punching him really, really hard in the leg. Diavolo will obliterate him with a punch to the head, since King Crimson is likely the physically strongest stand, considering it oneshot virtually everyone.

Diavolo can see Dio regenerating in the future with Epitaph, and will respond to that by punching him into a bloody mist.

If the fight somehow does get dragged on, Dio will win due to Regenerationn and better stamina, but in all likelihood Diavolo kills him in the first ten seconds.

Promestein said:
Natse said:
Jotaro rendered Dio incapable of doing anything but crawling with a single blow to the head, and killed him by punching him really, really hard in the leg. Diavolo will obliterate him with a punch to the head, since King Crimson is likely the physically strongest stand, considering it oneshot virtually everyone.

Diavolo can see Dio regenerating in the future with Epitaph, and will respond to that by punching him into a bloody mist.

If the fight somehow does get dragged on, Dio will win due to Regenerationn and better stamina, but in all likelihood Diavolo kills him in the first ten seconds.
The problem is does diavoli get the chance to activate king crimson within the frames of dios zà wurdo. Does crimson king work during zà wurdo or when it ends can it be activated while diavolo is frozen in time the only reason jotaro knew he was frozen was because star platinum had the same ability while king crimson would be powerless to stop dios mudas. The problem here we don't know how these two powers would interact and its obvious that diavolo needs some sort of awareness when using it or is stand active through zà wurdo

Time Erase would probably skip over the Timestop, but Diavolo wouldn't see what happens IN the Timestop, only the result, and would be skipped over. While DIO is a regenerating vampire, Diavolo is paranoid and would probably use his ability first, which could grant him a victory provided King Crimson hits DIO's head. Overall, i say the fight could go either way tho.

Doesn't diavolo need 10 secs to activate king crimson in its parameters each time. Dio can hold time stop for 11 secs maximum meaning if diavolo tries to skip time in time stop he still be in 1 sec of time stop meaning he still be getting punch in face and can't move. Man this is starting to hurt my head.

Minstry of pain said:
Doesn't diavolo need 10 secs to activate king crimson in its parameters each time. Dio can hold time stop for 11 secs maximum meaning if diavolo tries to skip time in time stop he still be in 1 sec of time stop meaning he still be getting punch in face and can't move. Man this is starting to hurt my head.
Actually no. The Timestop happens over the period of 0 seconds. It's just that from DIO's frame of reference WITHIN the Timestop it is 11 seconds. So Diavolo could skip it over

The problem is that Diavolo can't see what happens in the time stop so he can't properly plan for that.

In my opinion, it depends on whether who gets the first hit in. Diavolo is just a regular human and will instantly die from a fisting by The World. Dio is a vampire and has a Regenerationn factor so it will take a couple more hits from King Crimson to actually kill him.

Natse said:
The problem is that Diavolo can't see what happens in the time stop so he can't properly plan for that.

In my opinion, it depends on whether who gets the first hit in. Diavolo is just a regular human and will instantly die from a fisting by The World. Dio is a vampire and has a Regenerationn factor so it will take a couple more hits from King Crimson to actually kill him.
Yes, Diavolo CANT see what happens IN the Timestop, but he can still see the result, and plan for that. The result is really what Diavolo needs to plan for anyways, as that is the part of the Timestop that will actually affect him. And yes, DIO has regenerative ability, but only as long as his brain is intact. If King Crimson hits DIO's brain, DIO would most likely be killed. Even if DIO does survive, his Regenerationn is severely weakened and he would have little ability to be able to move, which would allow Diavolo to follow up more attacks. If Diavolo doesn't hit his head, then DIO would have the chance to retaliate with The World, however DIO might require blood to heal the wound caused by King Crimson due to its strength.

I may have counted wrong but it seems like this is 3 for Diavolo, 2 for Dio, and 1 inconclusive. Anyone else?

Dio because Epitaph sees 10 seconds ahead of time. A time stop is not a instant or a fraction of time, it is exactly 0 time. Dio needs to get one Time Stop off (as in, stun Diavolo for a single second maximum) before it is over.

After several recounts this seems to be the result:

Diavolo: GreatestSin EliminatorVenom Promestien ThisIsMySwagPack Celestial Pegasus

DIO: Natse Alakabamm Ministry of pain

Neutral: Me

So Diavolo actually seems to have won

Lmao Diavolo beating Dio whatsoever is hysterical.

Precog that's great.

Alot of good its going to do when Dio stops time.

Hey I can see you're going to stop time let me erase it and give you the Bruno treatment.

• Dio regens* *Stops time* *Muda's diavolo to death.
GG

Dio has regen and Timestop which IMO TS>Time erasure.

Diavolo cannot put Dio down no matter what.

Dio takes this with ease.

Those who supported Diavolo i'd recommend reading part 3 and 5 again.

Jayslice said:

Precog that's great.

Hey I can see you're going to stop time let me erase it and give you the Bruno treatment.
Majority voted Diavolo

Precog can predict timestop result and presumably regen

Time erase can skip timestop

Diablo could dun goof and hit DIO's chest, but a head attck would kill or seriously injure DIO. Aside from that, a hole in the chest would probably need blood to regen

GG, Diavolo still won this match

That's debatable

Head punch

Lolno

Don't need to. I personally think that Diavolos paranoia would cause him to use his ability first. Whether he wins or not would likely come down to whether or not he hits DIO's head

Epichambonewin said:
Jayslice said:

Precog that's great.

Majority voted Diavolo

Diablo could dun goof and hit DIO's chest, but a head attck would kill or seriously injure DIO. Aside from that, a hole in the chest would probably need blood to regen

That's debatable

Head punch

Lolno

Don't need to. I personally think that Diavolos paranoia would cause him to use his ability first. Whether he wins or not would likely come down to whether or not he hits DIO's head
The problem is diavolo can't predict through time stop his blast 10 secs dio is 11 so great he sees 10 secs into future and sees he's a pile of mess skips over it. Great he's still 1 sec in time stop so how does he defend himself after that he's gets muda muda for 1 sec. I'm incline dio will use time stop first that's just dio he did it to everyone to **** with them. Time stop was his go to battle strategy of the bat. I don't see diavolo taken this he's very overconfident and dumb as bricks.

Majority voted Diavolo

That's debatable

Head punch

Lolno

The problem is diavolo can't predict through time stop his blast 10 secs dio is 11 so great he sees 10 secs into future and sees he's a pile of mess skips over it. Great he's still 1 sec in time stop so how does he defend himself after that he's gets muda muda for 1 sec. I'm incline dio will use time stop first that's just dio he did it to everyone to **** with them. Time stop was his go to battle strategy of the bat. I don't see diavolo taken this he's very overconfident and dumb as bricks.

Timestops happen over 0 seconds, it just seems 11 from DIO's point of reference, and Diavolo can still see the result. Diavolo's paranoia, as I said earlier, would probably incline him to use his ability first. I never recall DIO using the timestop to kill from the start. I would debate DIO is also more overconfident then Diavolo, and while DIO is more intelligent, I wouldn't call Diavolo stupid, just schzoid.

Even if Jayslice votes for Dio, changing the verdict 4-3-1 still in favor of Diavolo, he's gonna need two more people to agree with him in this thread with some explanation why to change the listings.

Sorry to ressurect this all of a sudden.

But I think Diavolo takes the win. Eptipath allows him to see into the future by 10 seconds which passes DIO's 9 seconds of time stopping. With this Diavolo can use time skip to make sure he suffers absoultely no harm from any time stops.

And with the extra second that Diavolo has with Epitpath it allows him to also form a strategy to completely one shot DIO just as Jotaro did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back