• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dimensionless area

If a place within a series is said to have no concept of Distance or Direciton, and that time does not flow there does this mean this place is dimensionless?

Looking at the dimenisons page, it says that dimensions is an axis of movement. It's impossible for an axis of movement to exist in a place where there is no distence to move or direction to move towards.

So would said space count as dimensionless.

I encountered this in other ficition. I didn't think of this until you reading this. so now you got me curious...

Sounds more like 0 dimensional, also without time. However, a dimension is not a "place" in the physical sense, so it may be bad written or who knows. What verse by the way?

Dimensions are vectors of movement, even 0 dimensional things are technically vectors are movement, as stillness is technically a Vector.

Dimensionless is something else, it lacks all vectors of movement, even stillness.

Ive always thought it should be Outerversal, as Adimensional/Dimensionless things would have to be able to exist without dimensional limitations and therefore, would be Outerversal.

So question..

Do Dimensionless being interact with dimensional beings, and are they superior to Dimensional beings??

0 Dimensional is it also superiour to other dimesnions? Im assuming not.. but it sounds like its a special cause..

0 dimension is a point of infinitesimal size.

I'm not sure if consider something "1-A" by the simply fact they mentiones "dimensionless". I guess, someone with additional dimensions can interact with someone with less, but depends of the difference (let say, a 3d can interact with a 2d according to flatland).

Antoniofer said:
Sounds more like 0 dimensional, also without time. However, a dimension is not a "place" in the physical sense, so it may be bad written or who knows. What verse by the way?
Sailor Moon if I'm guessing it right. And the place in Question is Sailor Pluto's Space-Time Corridor.

Like I said, being Dimensionless isn't being 0 Dimensional.

0 Dimensionality also known as stillness, the vector of movement "moving" nowhere, is not lacking all vectors of movement.

Without dimensions go limit you, you would technically be Outerversal.

There is a fiction i know of that i rather not name for now...

but it has a realm that a character eventually manipulated and embodies.

That realm has no concept of space, distance, and time. It also has no concept of an "entrance, Limits, and an Exit"

Yes. It's from Sailor Moon. Pluto describes the corridor as having no concept of distance or direction, and also a place where time does not flow. I was wondering how that would be classified under our standards.

They didn't say the corridor is dimensionless. I was just thinking that if dimensions are axises of movement, can an axis of movement exist in space where there is no distance or direction.

Oof. Well, in the worst case, that should qualify for Infinite Speed.

Its a similar descrption to Nightiside's "Limbo": "Limbo is shown to be a "not-place" where time and direction are not present and every being "exists only as potential, ideas without form", and thus may possibly be an undimensioned void".

But that character is only rated as Possibly far higher. It's hard to upgrade anyone in such a extreme way with only one statement.

The "No Entrance"/"Exit" part isn't very telling. But the first paragraph seems to fit the description of an Outerversal Void.

Yeah, I want to be no less than 3 kilometers away from here when you decide to use that.

Udlmaster said:
Like I said, being Dimensionless isn't being 0 Dimensional.
0 Dimensionality also known as stillness, the vector of movement "moving" nowhere, is not lacking all vectors of movement.

Without dimensions go limit you, you would technically be Outerversal.
Being 0-dimension is being dimensionless, though. What makes an object have n amount of dimensions is the fact that their physical parameters have a non-zero value in relation to a given number of axial directions, if one has 0 size in every possible axis, then they are by definition dimensionless.

I do think saying 0 dimensional isn't something that applies to the context of the OP is right tho

That I do agree with, seems more like the location is just physically weird. It's pretty much unquantifiable through dimensional tiering.

I agree with Ultima. Without statements that it is qualitatively superior to all degrees and concepts of space and time, it seems unquantifiable.

Back