• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HenryWong122 I just say ReAirse because I think it's a legal term, and a description that is possible precisely because in Japanese there is a different way of how to speak words which allows different descriptions of the term to be like Rearise, Realize, Realise, etc. I use ReArise just because I can see many meanings coming from that way of talking, and I find it cooler. Only that. Sometimes I do things simply because I like.

@Dragonmasterxyz Much of the Digimon's powers that are causing problems comes from their nature as beings from a different plane of existence following a Emanationism Cosmology. Which includes such things as non-corporeal existence, mind hax, soul hax, etc.

he official explanation of how Digimon and Humans can interact is that sometimes Humans become Digital and other times Digimonbecome material. What I'm saying is that if we use this explanation we can both use Digimon the way they are today, as beings from a higher plane of existence, as well as use them in a way more equivalent to humans, without having to take everything into account "5D Soul / Mind Hax" or things like that.

So this is what had me confused.

In battles, we never assumed characters were non-corporeal aside from their true forms. However, I am assuming that this ReArise variant won't have the offensive mind/soul stuff. Am I undersanding this correctly?

So me an Ex talked on Discord and basically ended up with this.

1) When fighting characters who lack the ability to harm souls in any capacity, we use ReArise forms. In this state, there is no offensive Mind/Soul hax with every hit.

2) When fighting characters who can harm souls, the true states of the Digimon can be used, in which the mind and soul stuffs is still a thing.

• Note: Since the Digimon are naturally beings of a different plane of existence from the conventional one, the interaction between them and the beings of a lower plane in their normal conditions is not expected, what is translated in unfair disputes between Digimon and other characters in battles. Conveniently, in the franchise itself there is the process of ReArise (Also called Re: Digitize) in which a Digimon being manifests itself in the Real World using pseudoproteins that follow its true form so that it is possible to equate its existence with that of Humans, although still being able to use their powers, although in a more "real" way. Thus in a battle it is possible to specify the use of the Digimon's "ReAirse forms", so that we can disregard the factor of they being beings of a different plane of existence, making the fights more fair. Basically, when a Digimon fights a character who cannot harm souls, then the ReArise form is automatically assumed to be used. When fighting someone who can harm souls, then the OP of a fight must specify which form of Digimon is being used, ReArise or Metaphysical.

Technically, yes. It is not exactly "they create avatars", but rather that the cosmology of the universe allows the existence of such manifestations.

"They are also allowed abilities from the Digimon in their evolution line that appeared in their first card appearance, anime appearance and game appearance is allowed."

This creates a small problem.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
These Digimon first appeared in Digimon World and were unobtainable: Akatorimon, Blikmon, BlueMeramon, Brachiomon, Cherrymon, DarkRizamon, FlareRizamon, Fugamon, Gekomon, Geremon, Gigadramon, Golemon, Guardromon, Gururumon, Hyogamon, IceDevimon, IceLeomon, Icemon, Jijimon, Jungle Mojyamon, Machinedramon, MasterTyrannomon , Meteormon, MoriShellmon, Mud Frigimon, Myotismon, NiseDrimogemon, PlatinumSukamon, Pidmon, RedVegiemon, Saberdramon, SandYanmamon, ShimaUnimon, ShogunGekomon, Soulmon, Tankmon, Tekkamon, Vermillimon, WaruMonzaemon, WaruSeadramon, Weedmon and Yanmamon.

Then they simply don't get anything from that. If they still have pre-evos that follow the other guidelines, they can still get inherited abilities. Not to mention, that's just video games, not the card games or anime.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Then they simply don't get anything from that. If they still have pre-evos that follow the other guidelines, they can still get inherited abilities. Not to mention, that's just video games, not the card games or anime.
Have you ever noticed that some of the Rookie Digimon should inherit skills from their In-training forms? How exactly would inheriting skills from their In-Training and Fresh froms work exactly?

Yeah, I do notice that. Thing is that unless your name is Arkadimon, In-Training forms barely have much to add to a profile. The inheritence would work just like any other.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Yeah, I do notice that. Thing is that unless your name is Arkadimon, In-Training forms barely have much to add to a profile. The inheritence would work just like any other.
You mentioned the Sandbox, where is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back