• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is even going on here? Henry, you need to chill. Seriously, just go for a walk or something. /

Than refresh the page on another tab

Literally every site ever has the problem and has that solution.

Schnee One said:
Than refresh the page on another tab
Literally every site ever has the problem and has that solution.
I do that. But, it didn't pop-up after I posted by third to last post and when I posted my second to last post it didn't pop-up either, it wasn't showing on my screen until after my last post.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Oh yeah, I should note, When I say "first game" I do not mean V-Pets.
yeah, I ignored those lol

and tbh, its not hard to do the attacks for dawn/dusk

" Slashes with the power of chaos (Confusion)."

"Slashes with its sword (just slashes is really vague), using the power of chaos. this has the chance to cause confusion".

surprised you havent banned him tbqh

a lot of that zanbamon page triggers me tbh

"Blue flames gather all over the sword's blade and then Musyamon slashes the enemy with his now flaming sword."

the structure is all over the place, and attacks should be gender neutral for species

also stuff like this

"Asura Bakunenken/Asura Exploding Fist:"

just copy from the digimon wikia directly to get this...

• Fire Fist of Shiva (Úÿ┐õ┐«þ¥àþéÄþå▒µï│ Asura Ennetsuke?, lit. "Asura Sweltering Fist")
the way you did it is a massive eye sore

I'll give him a pass on the non-gender neutral thing as it's something we kinda do without thinking.

Marcusbwfc said:
a lot of that zanbamon page triggers me tbh
"Blue flames gather all over the sword's blade and then Musyamon slashes the enemy with his now flaming sword."

the structure is all over the place, and attacks should be gender neutral for species

also stuff like this

"Asura Bakunenken/Asura Exploding Fist:"

just copy from the digimon wikia directly to get this...

• Fire Fist of Shiva (Úÿ┐õ┐«þ¥àþéÄþå▒µï│ Asura Ennetsuke?, lit. "Asura Sweltering Fist")
the way you did it is a massive eye sore
I don't use www.digimon.fandom.com, because in my opinion, it's a piece of shit. For a bit of irony, I took the description for Ninja Blade from www.digimon.fandom.com. Also, I hate the fact that in the dub all three of those attacks are called Fire Fist of Shiva/Fire Fists of Shiva, I generally use a combination of the original and dub, depending on what I think looks better.

then I guess ive wasted hundreds of hours, but whatever floats your boat. this is a wikia too, so directly copying from there will save you time on formatting.

also in terms of "ninja blade", a lot of attacks before I overhauled the entire attack pages for nearly every digimon species over the coure of months, as they had badly written fan written attack descriptions and missed a lot of attacks. I edited them to use official sources from games, the DRB etc. this took months.

"Rapidly throws throwing stars." for ninja blade is an actual sourced attack description from the world data squad game.

First, because it doesn't tell me who deleted it, the only infomation I had to go on was the fact that I knew that you had the ability to delete the post and since the post was about you, in the first place, it was reasonably to presume that you had deleted it. Also, I've always know that there was a difference between an Assumption and a Presumption, I just need to look it up to refresh my memory on what the difference was exactly.

Second, I would never say that Naruto is better then Dragon Ball, because I don't like Naruto. The Digimon games are better in the FACT that they are never going to remove Digimon from the game. Digimon is never going to make a game that has over 800 Digimon in it and then release a sequel to that game and remove any of the Digimon.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I'll give him a pass on the non-gender neutral thing as it's something we kinda do without thinking.
I'd probably be willing to jump in and correct these. heck, i can switch out them for the same officially sourced descriptions from the dub wiki itself.

peckmon for example we have here:

Spiral Claw: Spins around and drives one of his feet into the adversary. Thousand Beak: Creates shadow clones to rapidly peck his enemies. Kunai Wing: Throws kunai-like sharp, bladed feathers that explode. Burning Spiral: A flaming version of Spiral Claw. Meakeri: A powerful front kick. Tsuyoi Maekeri: An even more powerful front kick.

which I changed a while back on the DW itself to

Spiral Claw: Charges at the enemy while spinning its feet like a drill. Thousand Beaks (Thousand Beak): Multiple attacks with its beak. In Digimon Data Squad this attack is so fast, it appears Peckmon has created clones of itself. Kunai Wing[5] (Þïªþäíþ¥¢ Kunai Bane?, lit. "Kunai Feathers"): Throws kunai-like sharp, bladed feathers that explode. Burning Spiral: A spinning Spiral Claw that will burn from the friction. Front Kick (ÕëìÞ╣┤Òéè Meakeri?, lit. "Front Kick"): Uses its powerful legs to attack with a front kick. Strong Front Kick (Õ╝ÀÕëìÞ╣┤Òéè Tsuyoi Maekeri?, lit. "Strong Front Kick"): Attacks with an even stronger front kick. Feather Shoot: Slices by firing sharp-edged feathers.

each of those are sourced, etc, and i can ninja (heh) stuff like this into most pages. the ones we have for peckmon were fan written, which is why i replaced with official bandai attack descriptions

First, because it doesn't tell me who deleted it, the only infomation I had to go on was the fact that I knew that you had the ability to delete the post and since the post was about you, in the first place, it was reasonably to presume that you had deleted it. Also, I've always know that there was a difference between an Assumption and a Presumption, I just need to look it up to refresh my memory on what the difference was exactly.

Second, I would never say that Naruto is better then Dragon Ball, because I don't like Naruto. The Digimon games are better in the FACT that they are never going to remove Digimon from the game. Digimon is never going to make a game that has over 800 Digimon in it and then release a sequel to that game and remove any of the Digimon.

youve been told 300,000 times to stop lmao

take it to side chat if you have to continiue

@Henry

You are still going on with this....

This is the issue, you don't understand the point of my comparison. And also, less Pokemon in the game =/= it's a mediocre game as we have yet to see everything in the game. Your comment is putting off your subjective opinion as fact. You do nothing more than prov my point in that you don't think before you talk.

Once again, drop it...you are really only making yourself look terrible...

Thousand Beaks (Thousand Beak): Multiple attacks with its beak. In Digimon Data Squad this attack is so fast, it appears Peckmon has created clones of itself.

Shouldn't that be Attacks multiple times with its beak?

Also, Marcus I would like to thank you for the improved description for Musyamon's Chaos Slash.

Dragon, I would like to thank you for telling me about the sandbox. Before you posted about it on here, I didn't know I could do that. If I ever attempt to make another Digimon profile, I will use that first and then ask for help in fixing it up before I post it.

the "in digimon data squad" part I ad libbed.

and maybe, but " Multiple attacks with its beak." is whats used in the world data squad game. (bandai US tend to be bad at writing sometimes lol).

Marcusbwfc said:
The "in Digimon World Data Squad" part I ad libbed. And maybe, but "Multiple attacks with its beak." is what's used in Digimon World Data Squad. (bandai US tend to be bad at writing sometimes lol).
Well, you know that it's bad grammer and you can fix it. Also, about the Digimon attack names, I could just post the original Kanji/Kana then you'd have no clue what the attack was named.

Schnee One said:
Please enough with your Grammar arguments it is literally irrelevant.
My grammar arguments are relevant. If you don't use grammar correctly then it makes it harder for people to understand you.

Only going to pop in and say that the level of antagonism in this thread is ridiculous and was downright uneccessary. This could have been discussed far more properly than it has. Whatever problems that people have between each other here, it needs to be dropped.

And it has to stay dropped. Period.

No they are not, unless the grammar is so exceptionally bad that words are jumbled together it's perfectly fine to type normally without bothering to do oerfevtions.

No one in this thread has a problem understanding what he's saying and I know for a fact you can understand him as well.

Schnee One said:
o, they are not, unless the grammar is so exceptionally bad that words are jumbled together it's perfectly fine to type normally without bothering to do perfections.
No one in this thread has a problem understanding what he's saying and I know for a fact you can understand him as well.
But you don't know that.

I do know that because they can keep a conversation and can understand eachother.

Now drop it.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I should note that I do have a proposition. The mind and soul stuff for each Digimon is legit, and Digimon having 5-D souls and minds are legit. However, assuming all attacks are 100% going to hit the mind and soul is the issue. I would like to say that while Digimon will hit the mind and soul with basic attacks as humans outside of the Digital World do not have some defensive wall protecting their mind or soul data, however, this should only have a good chance of happening, just not 100%
YES! 100% YES!

• 1) Digimon Mind and Soul Shenanigans
For me this type of discussion is completely normal within the context of the franchise. Digimon is about different planes of existence with the Digimon existing on a higher plane than humans, of course this was done to demonstrate that they should not contact. In the same way I do not expect that Digimon will usually contact other characters in VsThreads when the other characters are equivalent to the humans in the Digimon point of view, all of whom exist in an lower world.

Sometimes I imagine that the expectation is a battle between humans and Digimon that is similar to what is seen in the anime with humans and Digimon sometimes punching each other, but now with the Digimon being able to reach soul and mind because of recent events (What is not very true, the explanation for this is much more than that, but I understand that it should be simplified for this to be a general discussion).

The problem is that it is not so, this is a result of that they exist in different planes of existence. When humans and Digimon interact is either because Humans have been transformed into data or because the DIgimon have been transformed into conventional matter through ReArise. For me instead of creating some reason to explain this to fit in here should be done only when there is no explanation for this within the franchise, and in this case in specific there is. Originally I imagined that it would be possible to create another Key for the Digimon referring to the Digimon who are in the Human World because of ReArise / Re: Digitize, but I see now that this would be very laborious. So, I think the best way to work with this is to include a note in the Digimon profiles (or even the Digimon page) to explain how best to work with it in VsThreads, after all I'm pretty sure that this discussion is more focused on the VsThreads.

• Note: Since the Digimon are naturally beings of a different plane of existence from the conventional one, the interaction between them and the beings of a lower plane in their normal conditions is not expected, what is translated in unfair disputes between Digimon and other characters in battles. Conveniently, in the franchise itself there is the process of ReArise (Also called Re: Digitize) in which a Digimon being manifests itself in the Real World using pseudoproteins that follow its true form so that it is possible to equate its existence with that of Humans, although still being able to use their powers, although in a more "real" way. Thus in a battle it is possible to specify the use of the Digimon's "ReAirse forms", so that we can disregard the factor of they being beings of a different plane of existence, making the fights more fair.
  • 2) Inherited Digimon Guidelines
The notion of inheriting the powers is something that was established here only to leave just one of the main points of the franchise that could not be translated directly here. I have my reasons to understand why some of these decisions were made, but overall nothing so different from what you wrote. It's okay with me.

Of course, I believe that it is important that the page indicates what powers are inherited and tell from whom it was inherited.

• 3) Profile Creation
I'm fine with this

The first part kinda confuses me. It's more or less how we should treat Digimon attacking the minds and souls of others in combat, it's not like other people can't exactly harm them.

What I say works for both sides, if we stipulate the idea that the Digimon are matched with the other characters because of ReArise, not only will we have an official reason for them to interact, but we can also solve all the problems concerning great difference of power. And of course, always being able to choose whether or not to use that, rather than simply limiting that Digimon power more generally.

Executor N0 said:
What I say works for both sides, if we stipulate the idea that the Digimon are matched with the other characters because of ReArise, not only will we have an official reason for them to interact, but we can also solve all the problems concerning great difference of power. And of course, always being able to choose whether or not to use that, rather than simply limiting that Digimon power more generally.
You keep calling it ReArise, even though Savers already had a name for it and it was Realise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back