• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Well, I took a 5 day break for my birthday and I have so much stuff to catch up on. Honestly, I may extend my break as being away from site for a bit was relaxing. But I digress. There are a couple Digimon things I want to get done.

Digimon Mind and Soul Shenanigans
So, there are people who don't quite understand where this comes from. As such I would like us to note the exact info that makes this a thing. Basically, explaining why each attack is a mind and soul attack.

However, I will note that the argument of "this has never been shown in the anime" will not fly as overall this is mainly new information that has been added to the series overtime. And the argument that "you don't just retcon the entire series at once" is also not going to fly seeing as Digimon itself has done so multiple times with it's current lore being a result of a massive retcon to how the series originally started as.

I should note that I do have a proposition. The mind and soul stuff for each Digimon is legit, and Digimon having 5-D souls and minds are legit. However, assuming all attacks are 100% going to hit the mind and soul is the issue. I would like to say that while Digimon will hit the mind and soul with basic attacks as humans outside of the Digital World do not have some defensive wall protecting their mind or soul data, however, this should only have a good chance of happening, just not 100%.

Inherited Digimon Guidelines
I feel like we have to keep specifying this. So I will make a blog later on it and link it to the verse page. However, to list the current ones.

• Evolutions generally have to appear at least 3 times to count.
  • The first two pre-evos or evolutions for a Digimon in fact count without the need of the 3x rule.
  • Nonsensical evolutions and pre-evos will not be counted. So no Zeed to Barbamon or Lucemon to Angemon or Devimon.
  • Impossible Regenerationn is not inherited. Digimon like Garudamon and Boltmon evolve from the likes of Birdramon and Meramon respectively. However, they lack the physiology to inherit the regen, and thus they do not inherit it.
  • Evolutions do not inherit Dark Area resistances and speeds. This extends to evolutions not inheriting Angel speeds. Overall resistances that comes from physiology does not get inherited if the evolution lacks that same physiology.
  • They are also allowed abilities from the Digimon in their evolution line that appeared in their first card appearance, anime appearance and game appearance is allowed.
  • Any evolution shown in the anime, manga or a cutscene in a game is instantly allowed to be viable for inheritance.
Profile Creation
With that listed above, when a file is created, make sure all inherited skills are included before you post. Not only that, make sure you let me know personally so that I can link it to the verse page. If the profile is not up to par, do not be surprised when I delete it.

-We do not count Cyber Sleuth or Hacker's Memory as two different appearances, they count as one. Same for both versions of Next 0rder. So make sure to check those Wikimon sources.

Zanbamo
I was honestly tempted to delete this profile immediately. Lack of inherited skills, lack of appropriate speed for Zanbamon, etc. So let's add that hm?

Let's start with Musyamon's abilities;

-Chaos Manipulation via Chaos Slash. Directly stated to utilize the power of Chaos.

-Life Manipulation via "Shiratori-maru". Drains Life Force.

-Curse Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation via Cursed Slash. Utilizes the power of curses to put the foe to sleep.

-Auto Resurrection. Can instantly resurrect when killed, even when erased from existence. This serves as a form of pseudo Mid-Godly regen, only it's noted at resurrection and not regen.

-He also inherits skills from Patamon and Kunemon.

Asuramon should not be on his file whatsoever as he doesn't fit in any of the guidelines listed above.

Zanbamon via standards listed above (assuming they are accepted) inherits skills from Vajramon, MetalGreymon, MetalTyrannomon, Digitamamo, Gigadramon and Dinobeemon.

That's all.

Redigitize and decode count as one combined too. And "cyber slueth complete" because I get the feeling they're gonna count that as a "new game".

Zanbamon digivolves from Asuramon: Digital Monster Card Game - Booster 18 ~The Indestructible Ultimate War God (THE RISE OF NEW COSMOS) ~ Bo-869, Digimon Battle and Digimon Masters.

Can you give me the three instances of Musyamon digivolving from Patamon and Kunemon? Also, the three instances of Zanbamon digivolving from MetalGreymon, MetalTyrannomon, Digitamamo, Gigadramon and Dinobeemon.

You were going to delete it even though I asked for help with it?

"Can you give me the three instances of Musyamon digivolving from Patamon and Kunemon? Also, the three instances of Zanbamon digivolving from MetalGreymon, MetalTyrannomon, Digitamamon, Gigadramon and Dinobeemon."

You need to learn how to read posts. Read the guidelines again.

"You were going to delete it even though I asked for help with it?"

Yes, you should not have posted it until it was done. You had an incomplete file. You have a sandbox for a reason. I was going to delete it and then rework it. But seeing as I already was working on a thread, I decided to simply make a content revision. When you make files, you tend to make more work for me. I honestly wish you'd not make any files, or at least work on them in your user sandbox and asking for help before posting them as there are times that I don't feel like editing them to clean your mess and will just delete them. I told you this before.

Perhaps not the best place to do it but I'll ask anyway.

What is the reasoning behind your neutral stance on the whole High 2A mind and soul fiasco

Not exactly important as of now. Whether how we treat the stuff now, or my proposition is more legit is more important.

he said he would count first card as canon evolutions, and this is from musyamon

https://wikimon.net/St-20

zanbamon card has metalgreymon (this counts normal, virus, and 2010), metaltyrannomon, digitamamon, gigadramon, dinobeemon

though other than dinobee theyre all jogress

https://wikimon.net/Bo-313

first game appearence makes things a lot more interesting for some more recent digimon.

And how many times has Asuramon become Zanbamon? Honestly looking at the current information have, Asuramon doesn't consistently become Zanbamon nor does he appear in Zanbamon's first card or anything. Is there anything to support him being on Zanbamon's file? if not, Zanbamon would have his own file while Asuramon would have a file that he shares with Musyamon.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
And how many times has Asuramon become Zanbamon?

ill update the wikimon pages for these three guys later tonight to get all the sources

at some point I do plan to do all pages... but its a lot of effort and there's other stuff on the dub wiki i need to finish first lol.

If this is true then Asuramon has some abilities to add as well, more specifically the abilities of Impmon.

im updating zanbamon, asuramon, musyamon profiles right now. ill comment in ocne ive done them and state which evolutions they gain.

musyamon: x3 evolutions: goblimon (one is a jogress), kotemon

first card: patamon, kunemon

first game: kotemon

asuramon: x3: musyamon, ogremon

first card: ogremon, yaksamon, musyamon

first game: musyamon

zanbamon: Asuramon, vajramon

first card:

metalgreymon vaccine, virus, and X. metaltyrannomon, digitamamon, gigadramon, dinobeemon (all but dinobeemon are jogress)

first game: asuramon

they havent been playable enough in games/cards to get many forms really.

someone else can figure out the evoltions for those other forms on there lol, so ogremon etc

figured i may as well do vajramon, since hes part of the zanbamon.

x3= bullmon

first card= bullmon, kangaroomon, gladimon

first game= musyamon

i can edit w.e wikimon pages you guys want, just dont give me too many lmao, i plan one day to go through the ones for DSCS/ HM/NO etc, but there's an annoying amount of 10+ year outdated pages

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Thank you for your help Marcus.
HenryWong122 said:
Zanbamon digivolves from Asuramon: Digital Monster Card Game - Booster 18 ~The Indestructible Ultimate War God (THE RISE OF NEW COSMOS) ~ Bo-869, Digimon Battle and Digimon Masters.
I would like to congratulate you on ignoring the very first thing I posted. Which I was in the middle of typing up when Marcusbwfc posted the same thing.

Also, just because you deleted the comment doesn't mean your not being a dick to me about it.

>Thanks Marcus for editing the Wikimon stuff and adding any additional sources.

>Apparently I ignored your comment.

Just because I don't mention it, doesn't mean I didn't see it.

"Also, just because you deleted the comment doesn't mean your not being a dick to me about it."

1) I didn't delete your comment, Schnee did. Good job on assuming.

2) Here's me losing sleep at night. So me getting annoyed at your profiles and such and thus putting more work on me is apparently not an issue. I would ALSO like to note that I told you to ad lib game attacks when need be, yet you still don't do so. This, along with the crap you say on other threads don't leave a good taste in my mouth.

tbh, cyber sleuth attacks doesnt really have any lore at all. and i think you should get a unified list for that, so that they all read the same on all profiles.

so something like "attacks enemies using magic with the power of plants", or something. and that would be for all plant skills, etc. unlike the earlier story games, they were a little lazy with the DSCS ones lol

Dragonmasterxyz said:
>Thanks Marcus for editing the Wikimon stuff and adding any additional sources.
>Apparently I ignored your comment.

Just because I don't mention it, doesn't mean I didn't see it.

"Also, just because you deleted the comment doesn't mean your not being a dick to me about it."

1) I didn't delete your comment, Schnee did. Good job on assuming.

2) Here's me losing sleep at night. So me getting annoyed at your profiles and such and thus putting more work on me is apparently not an issue. I would ALSO like to note that I told you to ad lib game attacks when need be, yet you do so regardless. This, along with the crap you say on other threads don't leave a good taste in my mouth.
Not mentioning something is ignoring it. Also, you need to fix that sentence.

"Not mentioning something is ignoring it."

This comment is so dumb. Just because one doesn't mention something, doesn't mean I am ignoring it. What need would there be to address it?

"Also, you need to fix that sentence."

So are you going to make an argument? Or are you going to use that sentence to discredit all I said. If so then congrats, your debating tactics are on par with your average media fanboy. If you have no arguments, don't clog this thread with pointless banter and drop it. I am not in the mood to go back and forth today...

When somebody is so badly broken on their argument that they argue without an actual point.

I love how you clearly lack the common sense to know what I meant. If you called out my sentence then you should know what I meant. But seeing as you cearly don't and you are wasting my time with pointless banter and lack an actual argument, read my edited post. Please and thank you.

Like, you try so hard to be in the right that you don't even think about what you say and you make faulty arguments or you throw a tantrum. This isn't the first time, remember that MetalGreymon situation? Think before you make an argument, or say anything in general. The Digimon hate fest you caused on the Pokemon thread was unacceptable. You almost started a second one on the "mon" discussion thread. This is something you repeat constantly and it annoys me.

Any other blatantly ad hominem posts I am deleting

Make an actual argument or don't bother.

Honestly this whole conversation needs to go. I've notified Ex, so he'll comment when available.

Calling it a Digimon hate feat kinda makes it seem like salty Pokémon fans were insulting Digimon randomly. What's more accurate was Henry attacked Pokémon first.

The real cal howard said:
Calling it a Digimon hate feat kinda makes it seem like salty Pokémon fans were insulting Digimon randomly. What's more accurate was Henry attacked Pokémon first.
I literally directly said he caused it...And calling it a hate fest is calling it as it is.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The real cal howard said:
I literally directly said he caused it...And calling it a hate fest is calling it as it is.
Three thing. First, earlier you said that I had assumed that you when the one the deleted the comment, I didn't assume you had deleted it I presumed. In the shared meaning of "to suppose," presume is usually used when you suppose based on probability, while assume is used when you suppose without any evidence. It was more likely you deleted the comment then someone else came in and deleted it. Second, I need to know if I ad lib the attacks from the games or not. And third, I don't hate Pokemon, in fact I love both Pokemon and Digimon. What I meant was that a lot of the Digimon designs are better because they make more sense and when I said that Pokemon was copying Digimon, I was making a joke about how people used to say that Digimon is a copy of Pokemon.

You literally said Dragon deleted it, that is literally the textbook definition of an assumption dude.

"First, earlier you said that I had assumed that you when the one the deleted the comment, I didn't assume you had deleted it I presumed. In the shared meaning of "to suppose," presume is usually used when you suppose based on probability, while assume is used when you suppose without any evidence."

How long did it take you to look that up? Also, you have no evidence at all that I did it. You had no evidence on such a thing. Not to mention this has nothing to do with my argument.

"Second, I need to know if I ad lib the attacks from the games or not."

No. And Dawn/Dusk abilities aren't hard to ad lib as for the most part they have complete descriptions. But in your Alraumon file, you still have the "x zones" bits in the file. In the Zanbamon file you still have the (confusion) part in.

"And third, I don't hate Pokemon, in fact I love both Pokemon and Digimon. What I meant was that a lot of the Digimon designs are better because they make more sense and when I said that Pokemon was copying Digimon, I was making a joke about how people used to say that Digimon is a copy of Pokemon."

So saying a Digimon game is 100x better than a Pokemon game and saying such a thing that was not even written in a joke-like manner on a Pokemon Discussion thread is not smart. It's like going to a Dragon Ball Discussion Thread and saying Naruto is 100x better than it. The fact of the matter is that you made such a declarative statement.

Schnee One said:
You literally said Dragon deleted it, that is literally the textbook definition of an assumption dude.
I just explained the difference between an assumption and a presumption!

Because it doesn't tell me who deleted it, the only infomation I had to go on was the fact that I knew that Dragon had the ability to delete the post and since the post was about him, in the first place, that was a reasonably presumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back