• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Re:Digitize question

Easy question! This is important to know because I’m curious for future debates. Digimon have the ability to go through a process called Re: Digitize, or Realize, or something like that. It makes them 3-D. My question is.... what are they made of after that process? Are they still Data? Do they keep their Inorganic Physiology? Are they now weird fleshy human things? I have no clue so now I come to you.

The only series that gave an answer for that was Tamers and according to it, the result is pseudo-proteins that are created in the air due to the distortions caused by the overlapping of the digital and real worlds that follows the "essence" of the Digimon as it "materializes" in the Real World. Since it was the first season to give an answer and also the origin of the term Realize to being with, then I think is the best that we can go with as long as no other series or work gives any other answer.

I’m ngl... I have no clue what that means. Pseudo-Proteins caused by distortion caused by overlapping... so does that mean they are organic now? Or does the essence thing mean they’re still inorganic? Or are they made of Air now? That’s confusing...

When the worlds overlaps some sci-fi chemical reaction happens in the air and it creates pseudo-proteins. These proteins follows the distortion in the worlds, the "essence" of the Digimon giving that essence a body to interact with the Real World.

So, the body itself is made of proteins (pseudo-proteins), but it still might have something like a soul that the body follows. But the body itself, isn't made of data anymore.

Of course, it could be possible if the world itself turned into data (Digital Shift), but this has nothing to do with Realize, so it doesn't matter.

Back