• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Q&A Thread 02

if digimon has neoplatonic cosmology then shouldn't god tiers have outerversal tier? such as God, Demiurge, basically anyone who is above realm of forms. or platonic in digimon is false platonic?

@Jayro2345 Hellfire was going to be revised as something else, just like somethings about Dark Area, or Darkness as a whole. I was just waiting for the Artbook to be released, since it may have some important information about the Dark Area

We don't know in specifics. Yggdrasil may be stronger than Ogudomon X, since it was said that Ogudomon X was just "Too close" as being at the same data level as Yggdrasil, but it was also said to be the opposite of Yggdrasil. Maybe Ogudomon X and Yggdrasil are equals, but with Yggdrasil being just a little bit stronger ? It possible

Jesmon GX definitely won against Ogudomon X (We don't know very well how the fight would be if Jesmon GX didn't use Knights' Intruder, but with Jesmon GX being beyond the concept of damage and Ogudomon X now being unable to deal any damage to Jesmon GX, I don't see any possibility of Ogudomon X wining against Jesmon GX).

Against Yggdrasil, it's unknown. By what Gankoomon said, this power could defeat even God, and this was when they were talking about Ogudomon X being Yggdrasil level, so even without being confirmed, I thinkt that it's very possible that right now, Jesmon GX is the strongest being in the Digital World (only below beings from the hyperdimensions like the Eaters or the "Gods" who created the Great Intent).

@Infera28 Without any proof of 1-A level (The closest that we had was the Hyperdimensions being clearly said to be different from the Higher Dimensions and beyond every concept of time), then even the Platonic stuff isn't enough to Tier 1-A

Where does it come from that the flames of the Dark Area have conceptual erasure?

Shouldn't the "Gods" be 1-B as they are on a higher plane than the eaters themselves?

The "Conceptual Erasure" comes from the flames being able to kill avatars of the SGDL.

The X-Antibody overwrote parts of Beelzebumon's data, granting it the ability to summon "El Evangelio", crimson flames of the underworld (Dark Area) capable of changing their form at will. The flames of El Evangelio possess their own will, and their role is to impose judgment upon and offer salvation to the souls of the sinners that fall into the Dark Area. Being a Demon Lord type, Beelzebumon's Digicore would have been eradicated by the flames under normal circumstances. However, with the X-Antibody now assimilated into its body, Beelzebumon has gained the ability to suppress the will of El Evangelio and control them as if they were its own power, without being burnt by them.

Also why did Alphamon among other Digimon lose their high godly Regenerationn denial?

Pd: To be honest I did not pay much attention to TRI so I am surprised that several things come out of there

@Jayro2345 If I remember correctly the "High Godly nullification" was used because in CS the main characters, Alphamon and Omegamon were able to destroy Yggdrasil 7D6

However, these are simply Yggdrasil avatars, and although Yggdrasil could regenerate them (This is one of their main abilities), they not regenerating in that battle could be the result of a lot of other things, and not some regen nullification power

In that case, Suedo said that due to Mother Eater eating Yggdrasil, a lot of Yggdrasil function weren't working. We could simply assume that this is why the terminals weren't regenerating.

But the Mother Eater eating Yggdrasil obtained its powers therefore control over the avatars of this so it would not be something very silly on the part of this Almost Omniscient entity to suppress that ability of Regenerationn of the avatars?

Not when Yuugo was doing everything he could to nullify Mother Eater's powers to ensure that the protagonists managed to fight the Eaters. One of the main points at the end of the game is that the Eaters and everything related to them were weakened due to Yuugo's efforts.

In this case, in the absence of a direct description that there was some kind of nullification power, if there are several explanations for why this happened, I think it is better not to give powers or update status of the profiles.

At best, Yggdrasil/Mother Eater simply did not want to regenerate the avatars and decided to create new ones, since in the end the result would be the same. It is a much more valid explanation than to imagine that some kind of power never mentioned allowed this to happen.

Not here, but I have seen that some do it by taking things like the floors of the infinity mountain and the concepts with which I work adventure

i mean at best that would be 1-B ?

also i'm a digimon anime only and i want to keeps up with the video games aside for the 2 cyber sleuth games what are some good digimon games that you recommend

@Jayro2345 This depends completely on the meaning, on the system used. I don't know how to say how someone would say that within our system, but there are systems that Digimon could fit in, in fact I was part of a Wikia that used a system that Digimon fit as "1-A", but not that really matter.

Anyway, we have no exact knowledge about the Infinite Mountain in Decode and as much as there is actually hype over explanations that can be given with the translation because of the whole other dimensions including the Dimensional Fruits, it's just that hype, with no clear explanation (And references to Platonism doesn't guarantee 1-A).

@Zencha9 For something fast and consistent, I suggest any game in the DS Story saga. To test something closer to Digimon, I think Re:Digitize is a great choice (While Decode has not yet been translated).

Yes.

1000.png
1000.png
1000.png
1000.png
1000.png

There is also a statement in Adventure 2020 saying the Digital World is infinite as well.

That statement is about worlds in general, Kyoko for example was talking about the "other worlds" that exists in the multidimensional space-time and the "Digital World" was one of the examples, so that is about worlds in general.

If you want to be more specific about "that type of world" without thinking that a generic "there are infinite worlds in general is enough", then we don't have anything (In the end, isn't like we were considering something like that since here we focus more on the World Hierarchy).

Back