• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon: Nature of Digimon and Mind and Soul Prowess

Too complicated for me, i'm not smart enough

So if I understood, the "Digimon" is the "Digicore, while the body is kinda like a protective shell, which is useful to protect themselves, but not actually necessary in order to survive?

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Realized Digimon are more the norm...for the Anime.. Each time we see a Digimon in the real world in the various anime, they are in a realized state, except for Tamers and when Lucemon came to the Real World in Frontier.
Tamers is 100% Realized Digimon, after all this concept born in Tamers and only after that It would be used in the others animes. Savers is another one that directly refers to the use of Realize, at least before the breaking of the dimensional barrier.

Frontier really is one of the most worked Digital Shift within the anime, even if this concept did not exist until then, after all Lord Knightmon and Dynasmon had as the greatest motivation to go to the Real World and absorb the Human Data, they were curious if absorbing Data humans would turn eggs, or simply disappear forever.

Adventure also works on the idea of "Humans with data even in the Real World" when Homeostasis collects Human Data even in the Real World to discover the reason for the accelerated evolution.

These works do not really use the concept of Digital Shift or Digitize, since these are newer, but it is the closest we have to it within the anime.

And also, Appmon also uses Realize ... or as they call in the anime AppliArise

Kaltias said:
Too complicated for me, i'm not smart enough
So if I understood, the "Digimon" is the "Digicore, while the body is kinda like a protective shell, which is useful to protect themselves, but not actually necessary in order to survive?
Living in the Digital World where several powerful Digimon live, it is necessary to have a measure of protection. But for those who do not bother to survive and just want to fight, they just keep fighting even after the body is destroyed. This is the origin of the Digimon Skull as SkullGreymon and SkullMammon.

Why is Digimon so complicated? It's very cool don't get me wrong...but applying that to pages and battles is really difficult...Dang it Digimon and your complexity...

You know, this gets even more complicated when we try to do this while we do not want to go far beyond in the levels of the characters. We could place the Digimon as Higher Dimensional beings that exist in a world beyond the human multiverse with a distorted nonlinear time flow, whose basic composition of their bodies is capable of composing even the story itself.

But of course, this is not something we want OVO

Executor N0 said:
We could place the Digimon as Higher Dimensional beings that exist in a world beyond the human multiverse with a distorted nonlinear time flow, whose basic composition of their bodies is capable of composing even the story itself.
Turns out that Agumon's abstract existence is superior to Lucemon's

So how do you all feel about PaChi's suggesstion?

"I stand on the opinion that digimons have as much resistance to soul and mind manip as their AP. In other words, Megas resist galactic mindhax by default and attacks that can soulhax galaxies. This is due to their ability to attack mind and soul by default scaling to their AP."

Otherwise, we go back to Fate's suggestion.

Quick semi-related question, would a Jesmon using OS Generics have a higher mind and soul damage potency than normal Jesmon? I ask because all Digimon attacks are treated as mind and soul damage, so something that effectively increases his damage might naturally have the same effect on the ability to damage the mind/soul. It could even increase his resistance, but that might be pushing it a bit.

This is all just my speculation so I doubt it's something that can be applied during vs debates, but I thought someone here might have a more conclusive answer.

Yes, it does as Digimon Mind/Soul prowess and resistance increases the stronger they get. So the stronger the Digimon is, the more potent it is.

We still need to decide on how to handle this one.

It's either Fate's suggestion or PaChi's suggestion. I don't care which we accept however. Just want a solid answer.

Fate's Suggestion: 3 (Fate, Kalt, Cal)

PaChi's Suggestion: 2 (PaChi, Lord)

Neutral: 1 (Dragon)

Back