• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Digimon Franchise: Inherited Skills Guidelines

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
This is something fairly new to the pages, however it is extremely important to Digimon files as a whole. However, as Reppuzan and Cal alluded to, this can be misused and wanked to high heaven. Aas such we will set very specific quidelines on this topic right now.

1. 1) The Inheritees (Not a word but whateves) have to be an evolution that is either consistent or canonically shown.
What this means is, there has to be some consistency within the Digivolution lines in the media.

For example, in current Digimon media the evolution line of Impmon, Wizardmon and Wisemon is pretty common. Impmon-Wizardmon is pretty consistent with games like Dawn and Dusk as well as Cyber Sleuth. And currently Wizardmon to Wisemon also a consistent digivolution. Wisemon to AncientWisemon is pretty obvious.

However, there are some that are just a big no.

For example Wisemon digivolving to Belphemon is actually possible in Cyber Sleuth, yet due to how inconsistent and blatanty wrong it is, we do not allow it. Especially considering Belphemon has a natural Digivolution line.

1. 2) If the Digimon really doesn't have any viable Digivolution options, just don't give them one. Simply put, not all Digimon are gonna inherit something.
If you guys have anymore then please add to it in the thread.

That was Tamers only. And with help. Impmon technically never had a canon/natural Champion, Ultimate and Mega level form.

Seems fair.

Should this be an editing rule? Quick something I cooked up:

There have been a vast number of possible evolutions in the Digimon franchise through which many Digimon inherit their special techniques. However, this may only be done for evolutions that have been shown to be consistent and logical. For example, Barbamo would not inherit skills and abilities from ZeedMillenniummo despite the evolution being possible in one iteration of the franchise's merchandise because it is simply illogical for a being to evolve into a drastically weaker form.

Yeah, that should likely be a rule as I can see people trying to give Digimon all these hax abilities by making up very nonsensical digivolution lines, or because of one very questionable instance.

Inheritees is a word, actually.

And I agree, these are pretty fair and logical rules. Theoretically, any Digimon can digivolve into any Digimon, but every every Mega every ability is obviously dumb, so I these rules are needed.

I agree with the proposal, but in any way I have a suggestion. Name the profiles with the latest evolution of the Digimon.

As the evolutionary scale on the ramifications in question also decreases, it is much easier to make a profile starting from the last form (Mega / Ultimate) and then delimiting the previous forms of it than starting from the lower level and then delimiting the following forms. Mainly because many high-level digimon share the same "Child" form an example is Ancient Wisemon and Beelzebumon itself. So in my view we should name the profile with the last form and then go delimiting the previous forms through a process of decreasing sequence.

So like the Impmon file, name it AncientWisemon? And the Labramon file, name it Raihimon?

Yes, I think of it because it is easier to delimit the evolutionary lines of the higher levels and allow greater possibilities for the lower levels.

What about Digimon like Renamon or Dorumon? Change it to Sakuyamon/Kazuhamon and Dorugoramon?

I think so, mainly because DORUmon has three common evolutionary lines (DORUga, Death-X-DORUga and Gardemon) which would make things more confusing if it were just a single evolutionary line shared in one profile.

Well that will require some image swiching, but nothing too annoying. Also we do need to discuss another very important issue.

I also must note something that we should NOT do, but is utterly hysterical.

Technically, Shoutmon X7 Superior Mode is a combination of ALL the Digimon. This would mean that if we were to give him Inherited Skills, he'd have the skills of ALL the Digimon that exist. ovo Perhaps not including Zeed or Bagramon, but y'know. This includes Demon Lords and Royal Knights. ovo

But yeah, let's NOT do that. So we need to make that a discussion rules as well because, I see people trying that one. ovo

Ok, let's go:

Shoutmon + Ballistamon, Dorulumon, ZekeGreymon, Bombmon, Kamemon, Jijimon, Olegmon, Apollomon, Grademon, PawnChessmon (White), Dondokomon, PaunGaossmon, Beelzemon (2010 anime), Hi-VisionMonitamon, Golemon, Mervamon, Lillymon, Dracomon, Sparrowmon, Knightmon, Beastmon, Darkdramon, Leviamon, MetalGarurumon, MagnaAngemon, Patamon, Gatomon, Impmon, Veemon, Examon, Garurumon, Omnimon, Agumon, WarGreymon, MarineAngemon, Guilmon, Searchmon, Guardromon, Gotsumon, IceDevimon, Lopmon, Pumpkinmon, Mantaraymon, Palmon, Floramon, Gabumon, Pururumon, Bucchiemon, Kokatorimon, Pagumon, Thundermon, YukimiBotamon, Otamamon, Tanemon, Pandamon, Clockmon, Jyarimon, Bukamon, Kyupimon, Terriermon, Betamon, Biyomon, Lynxmon, Mojyamon, Viximon, Kabuterimon, Stingmon, Lilamon, Shakkoumon, Bearmon, Mekanorimon, Datamon, Puwamon, Kunemon, Tsunomon, Monodramon, Prairiemon, Upamon, Mushroomon, Seahomon, Doggymon, Gryphonmon, Deramon, Mokumon, Trailmon (Kettle), Ignitemon, Puppetmon, Leomon, Kongoumon, Lunamon, Spadamon, Puttimon, Mercurymon, ToyAgumon, Grizzlymon, LadyDevimon, Garbagemon, Honeybeemon, Pichimon, Kotemon, Coronamon, Chuumon, Sunflowmon, Whamon, Syakomon, Mermaimon, SkullMeramon, Salamandermon, Matadormon, Marsmon, Ponchomon, WaruMonzaemon, Shurimon, Woodmon, Archelomon, Pegasusmon and Etemon.

kkkkkkk Well, he was responsible for defeating with two attacks the Digimon that would replace God ... Having so many powers makes sense :v

I agree, although it makes a lot of sense to me, I'd rather wait for you. Anyway I'd like to ask for a profile split, Shoutmon has two important canonical versions. Digimon Xros Wars anime and manga are parallel timelines and then the profiles should be separated accordingly. I believe we can do this revision after the Digimon Tamers. After that I believe we will be free of so many revisions with Digimon for a long time (Unless we do not finish in time for the release of Hackers Memmory e.e)

In addition, the Shoutmon X7SM of the manga has much less components than the one of the anime, so we will have both a Shoutmon X7SM for a lot and with little Hax. (Although the manga may have some Royal Knights forming it e.e).

Well we should finish Tamers Revisions by this summer. I also need the complimentary scaling blog to be finished as well since Tamers is apart of that.

Yes, I still have not continued because I am waiting for the decision on what we will do with the speed of the Adults. About the destructive power of others I put a little on the topic provided that Cal made about statements in Digimon, you looked?

I believe he gained the skills of Bagramon's "Brave Snatcher," which is a part of Yggdrasil.

Doesn't he also have the powers of the past digidestined digimon like susanoomon? it's been a Very long time since i even seen hunters, so likely could be mistaken...

Well, considered that it was the junction of the arm of the Bagramon (Which came from Yggdrasil) with the power of the old children chosen, I believe so. But I'll leave it to more people to decide.

Back