• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Different Time Axis" & "Every point in time" & "Past, and future" vs Temporal Axi/Dimensions

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Verse-franchise title A says that the past and future are "a different time axis"

&

Verse-Franchise title B says "Every moment that passes is a different axis of time."

is this implying (is this evidence of?) that every moment in time is another additional temporal axis?

I feel like this is kinda explicit
it sounds like its "creating a new temporal dimension" but to the experts on the wiki maybe they interpret it differently or know something about dimensionality that i (or we) dont.

Time is linear
so having a new axis to it would be like branching or a different direction

take it like a graph

we have X and Y axis
if time is linear with graph it with just X as straight line
if each time is a different linear axis
it would be like either it branching into a new direction of the axis instead going Y making it separate from the time as a independent space-time

since we know time is infinite
if the first interpretation that it is branching it could be 2-A
but if we take it to the highball of uncountably infinite (because pretty sure snapshots of time is considered a higher infinite than regular infinite which separates high 3-A from low 2-C) it would be like low 1-C in theory (theory meaning it needs supporting evidence to be a reasonable assumption to rate)

just like higher spatial dimension we can't really treat more temporal dimension axis as qualitatively superior without proof and since its a temporal dimension that sounds harder to prove

multiple temporal axis as a concept is too hard for me so take my answer with a grain of salt

just like higher spatial dimension we can't really treat more temporal dimension axis as qualitatively superior without proof and since its a temporal dimension that sounds harder to prove
for this part here, im not sure on that. is it possible for Temporal dimensions to be qualtively equal but separate?

Assuming what i said above, what if that is the case for a single universe? Where a single universe creates a new time axis/temporal dimension at every interval of time. Wouldn't it still be +1 temporal Dimension (for every interval of time in the universe) on top of the already existing 3?

A universe is 3 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time. I don't think there is any scienctic hypothesis or theory for "multiple temporal" dimensions to help us figure that out. Actually i think there is a theory of 12 dimensions with 2 time dimensions, but i don't remember anything about their being a some qualitive difference in there.

Edit: Also to add on that each interval of time cuts/separates/ from/off that "moment/present moment/ of the universe" from the past and future making it, its own parallel universe, and this just repeats ad Infinium.

Verse-franchise title A says that the past and future are "a different time axis"

&

Verse-Franchise title B says "Every moment that passes is a different axis of time."

is this implying (is this evidence of?) that every moment in time is another additional temporal axis?
Both of them sound too specific to the point it make them extremely vague and unmeasurable.

Hmm, anyway, at face value
Verse A didn't mean much, it could be high-end Low 2-C, or 2-C, or even 2-A

Verse B is Low 1-C, a time axis is 4D by default, "every moment" statement mean there is timeline/flow of time, so there is a larger time axis contain normal, smaller time axis on its length, due to set theory and real coordinate space, uncountable infinite 4D = 5D, or you could say the verse have two temporal axis + normal 3 spatial axis

Both of them sound too specific to the point it make them extremely vague and unmeasurable.

Hmm, anyway, at face value
Verse A didn't mean much, it could be high-end Low 2-C, or 2-C, or even 2-A

Verse B is Low 1-C, a time axis is 4D by default, "every moment" statement mean there is timeline/flow of time, so there is a larger time axis contain normal, smaller time axis on its length, due to set theory and real coordinate space, uncountable infinite 4D = 5D, or you could say the verse have two temporal axis + normal 3 spatial axis
Verse A says has a lot of context going into tbh. Verse A once you look at overall the entire context of the story appears to ne identical completely.

Verse A if you look at overall context ot makes ot out to be that the "time axis" is "separating" In this weird asexual mitosis like reproduction, at every interval of time.

for this part here, im not sure on that. is it possible for Temporal dimensions to be qualtively equal but separate?

Assuming what i said above, what if that is the case for a single universe? Where a single universe creates a new time axis/temporal dimension at every interval of time. Wouldn't it still be +1 temporal Dimension (for every interval of time in the universe) on top of the already existing 3?

A universe is 3 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time. I don't think there is any scienctic hypothesis or theory for "multiple temporal" dimensions to help us figure that out. Actually i think there is a theory of 12 dimensions with 2 time dimensions, but i don't remember anything about their being a some qualitive difference in there.

Edit: Also to add on that each interval of time cuts/separates/ from/off that "moment/present moment/ of the universe" from the past and future making it, its own parallel universe, and this just repeats ad Infinium.
I mean yeah technically each universe has only 1 temporal dimension. So Each universe will still be 4D.

And viethai explained it more with how it could be 5D too whichis similar to what i initially thought

Back