• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Difference between 4-B and 4-A

So I wanted to ask what the difference in levels is between Solar system and multi-solar system level. Specifically how many solar systems does one need to destroy for one to be classed as 4-A or even low 4-A?

Just that the tiering system doesn't really cover this area, it just says characters that can create/destroy multiple solar systems without giving a number

Well, yes. So in other words one could say causing an explosion so powerful that it engulfs both Solar system and destroys their stars.

Yojimbo1989 said:
The Living Tribunal1 said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
So, would a character that can destroy 2 solar systems be ranked as low 4-A then?
normally, yes
what do you mean normally?
in very rare cases, it might be possible for small solar systems to be unusually close by (like inside a nebula or something- which might result in 4-B)

and is some cases, the 2 concerned solar systems may be hundreds of light years across (which wud be 4-A or even High 4-A)

however, if they are at normal distance (which is a vast majority of cases), then yes, it wud be low 4-A

Yojimbo1989 said:
Yojimbo1989 said:
So, would a character that can destroy 2 solar systems be ranked as low 4-A then?
normally, yes
what do you mean normally?
in very rare cases, it might be possible for small solar systems to be unusually close by (like inside a nebula or something- which might result in 4-B)
and is some cases, the 2 concerned solar systems may be hundreds of light years across (which wud be 4-A or even High 4-A)

however, if they are at normal distance (which is a vast majority of cases), then yes, it wud be low 4-A
I just looked at the tiering system, and it says the range for solar system is more than a trillion. Do you know why that is? By my calculations that average energy required to destroy a solar system would be ~10^{47} Joules. Since there are roughly 100 billion stars per galaxy and the energy required to destroy the Milky Way galaxy ~10^{59} Joules divide that by the number of stars and you get the figure. This is an approximation, and assumes the galaxy can be divided into several spherical sections, each of equal size, with a star located at the centre. I understand that some star systems have different size compared to others, but not so much that it should make such a huge gap

Yojimbo1989 said:
I just looked at the tiering system, and it says the range for solar system is more than a trillion. Do you know why that is? By my calculations that average energy required to destroy a solar system would be ~10^{47} Joules. Since there are roughly 100 billion stars per galaxy and the energy required to destroy the Milky Way galaxy ~10^{59} Joules divide that by the number of stars and you get the figure. This is an approximation, and assumes the galaxy can be divided into several spherical sections, each of equal size, with a star located at the centre. I understand that some star systems have different size compared to others, but not so much that it should make such a huge gap
1- the energy to destroy a solar system is around 22 foes or 2.24x10^45 J

sample distance between 2 star (in this case a random central star) = distance from sun to alpha centauri

so a blast from midway to destroy both of these stars classifies as the lowest 4-A (in other words, the start of 4-A), so taking this into account, the energy needed would be in the range of 10^57 J

thats how

and as for the distribution and all- for galaxy level, we placed sun at edge of milky way, and using a center originating explosion, we got energy in the range of 10^66 J

and so on and so forth (that is, at this range, this much energy is enough to destroy all stars up to and including this ring, however the formulas themselves arent 100 percet accurate, since they assume a perfect shape and density for the galaxy, so the actual value may be different)

but, for dispersing a galaxy, you only need 10 gigafoe

Back