• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dexter's Laboratory Massive Revision

Again what do you mean by canon exactly? Like I'd get if this something like Ben Ten which is story driven and what happens episode to episode effects the greater story, but like Dexter's a episodic cartoon from the 90s, like earth can blow up one episode and that has no impact on the rest of the series. I don't really know how I'd prove that it's canon, because I don't think I could even prove that a normal episode is canon to one another.
I wouldn't bring Ben 10 into this considering that also has pretty shaking canon due to so many recons it has, but either way, Ben 10 has nothing to do with Dexter's continuity at all. And also, look at this page for more details of what I'm talking about here.

I don't think we should use crossover scaling for these characters.
Well even if you don't use shared cosmology stuff (Though I feel there is an argument) you can still probably get that stuff to 2-C at least.
al2xcLErwsgJNEOKw-SAULcDAsH0lAIY_5mnaIM7e1_I2UwtxRhJDnh_Hif6QOUSs5Me5t59_L74=s1600
pOQWW9AQqmr3iKAROrgY1Xb0mvhUz6Q2qtWplTrCWYzwozh37ISuPyNqvipCQbBTmF9btkOTArhA=s1600

1667577895995.jpg

Though I guess there is a canon argument.
Or else we'd get weird things like the KND scaling to the Powerpuff Girls.
... how so? If your talking about "The Grim Adventures of the Kids Next Door" I don't really see how that would apply since aside from like 3 characters who can gimmick themselves higher probably. Like they never actually interacted in the crossover comics either so IDK.

I don't think the crossover comics can be scaled. There's an argument for it in the comics, I think, since similar shows like SpongeBob have comic scans as well. Like SpongeBob, Dexter's Lab isn't a very continuity-focused show except for the episode where he canonically first meets Mandark and the last episode leading to Ego Trip. The comics don't exactly break this continuity and more or less feature an add-on to the show as if it were another episode to add to it's episodic nature. I guess an argument could be made in that regard. Scaling it to Ben 10 is kinda dumb though.

But then again, you can use the same kind of argument saying that they all have no continuity and it's okay for them to cross-scale to everyone who is involved in the cartoon network multiverse.

But again, technically speaking even if Dexter is so episodic, at least have some evidence that the comics somewhat link to the show

I think I do remember some scans that link it to the show, but I'd have to go deep diving for it.

And also, does Dexter even dodge real light in the show?

As I said in my first comment, the post is solid but the current format is just to bloated. It needs to be revised into tabbers like with OPM Garou or Ganondorf.

Back