• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry V the emo boy revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again

I decided to do some revisions on V's profile since his profile isnt updated with the recent VOV (Visions of V).
V's profile

The Revision.​

1- V is lacking power sensing (Sensed Urizen's powers, two times)

2- V is lacking telepathy ( Context: V is waiting outside Dante's shop, while talking normaly with Griffon, on the next page V is inside the shop and have a small conversation with Griffon using telepathy to talk with Griffon)

3- V is lacking soul manipulation ( Context: V encounters Nightmare, to have nightmare as summon V decides to take Nightmare's core, scan with V holding Nightmare's core, is good to remember the core means their soul)

4- On is profile V is stated to be 10-B with a cane, but when he is using his demonic power, he is capable of killing Ampusas easily 9-B), and V's demonic power on is cane is also showed in game, and he is also able to punch throught Nightmare, to take his core, so V is something more than just your ordinary human, so 10-B should be removed , and V's 7-B should be higher than Cavalier, Shadow and Griffon and Gryon, since Nightmare >>> all them. (I want to make clear V scalling to nightmare or not isnt the point, the true objective is removing 10-B, and recognizing that he is truly higher than 10-B alone, even is own profile says he is comparable to Shadow and Griffon, so i dont see a reason why the 10-B should be there).

5- V Summon hax on his profile is lacking summoning cane.

6- V itself dont have ressurect, but Nightmare does and is also capable of healing the summons and V, when Nightmare wounded V, after that V managed to make the contract to have Nightmare was summon, on that V's wounds is regenerated., while V should have healing since he accelerates the healing from is Summons while being near. I recommend checking this gameplay. and any gameplay from V.

7- V's resistance to BeastHeads hax assimilation should be removed (he is a human, only demons and hybrids resist the assimilation), the other resistances will stay since a devil hunter named Beryl (she is from a novel, yes Itsuno made them canon), did go into the demon world with dante and both got back from it with no problem. And V would scale way higher than Beryl.

To end this CTR, i recommend hearing this music for chaos.

Users who agree: Mister6ame6, Oliver_de_jesus, Tony_di_bugalu (supporter, disagree on V still having other resistances), TISSG7Redgrave (supporter), DarkGrath (staff), Dante_Demon_Killah (Supporter), CrimsonStarFallen (supporter), Sevil Natas, Galens (not sure if he still disagrees with the feat being soul hax or not), Sir_Ovens (staff), TFSCell, Schnee_One (staff)

Last edited:
This is good, I agree although I am somewhat neutral with the resistance to the demonic world, Beryl had trouble surviving but she did

This is good, I agree although I am somewhat neutral with the resistance to the demonic world, Beryl had trouble surviving but she did
Beryl had problems with fear actually, but she could overcome, in general, she resisted hax like: soul manip, madness hax, corruption etc.

Wasn't Beryl under the protection of the Beastheads, that's why she made it so far despite the other demons falling behind them as they couldn't handle Mundus presence

Wasn't Beryl under the protection of the Beastheads, that's why she made it so far despite the other demons falling behind them as they couldn't handle Mundus presence
Never actually, the only thing Chen points out is Beryls's conection with the demon world, because of the scar made by the Beastheads on her, but she never had the beastheads with her on the entire novel, but she still resisted the hax from demons and demon world (asides from fear manipulation).

So remove his 10-B for what feat ? The Empusa stuff ? Empusas are 9-B

Scalling V to Nightmare is...you know
10-B is really a lowballing, considering he can power the cane or use his demonic energy to kill Empusa, if nightmare scalling is dubious, the 9-B should be used, althought V does sustain Nightmare (the VOV states/implys the summons does have their own demonic energy storage), and V keeps their demonic energy storage on check (hence why V always wants to always fight using the lowest amount of demonic energy possible and that explains why Griffon stated in the end of Mission 18 they would die because of lack of demonic energy). But arguing scalling to nightmare isnt the true objective, the true point is just to remove the 10-B

About the rest of the ctr do you disagree with something more or agree with the rest ?

Well, I of course don’t agree with V scaling to Nightmare and getting 7-B. However, I do agree that 10-B is a slightly lowballed rating; it’s based mainly on him being depicted as an ordinary human, but what tier this constitutes is debatable in a verse like this. If I recall, he should at least maybe downscale from an Empusa, given that he can reasonably survive some blows from them and also harm them when they are weakened. This should easily be at least 9-C.

Regarding V's AP rating, is own profile states he is comparable to shadow and griffon who are 7-B.
Well if V's AP is problematic, a debate should be done, so we can solve this and correctly scale him.

Never actually, the only thing Chen points out is Beryls's conection with the demon world, because of the scar made by the Beastheads on her, but she never had the beastheads with her on the entire novel, but she still resisted the hax from demons and demon world (asides from fear manipulation).
I never said she had the beastheads with her, just that her connection to it was what protected her.

> V has demonic energy inside himself, so he is scaling from The Demon World hax is fine

I don't agree with those because he has never been there

I agree with most of the updates.
Regarding point 3 I do not agree, what is shown is more NPI since V is not affecting the soul when the core is within the familiar, but is touching it directly when it is exposed. As we see in the game itself and in the manga, there are times when the bodies of the relatives disappear, literally exposing the core/soul and the same happens in the manga with the first encounter with Nightmare, where V was taken inside Nightmare and he subsequently encountered the core/soul and was able to touch it without Nightmare's body coming between V and the core/soul as to be considered soul manipulation.
Regarding point 4, I agree that level 10-B should be removed and as DarkGrath said, the safest rating for V could be at least 9-C

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes is a bit hard to tell if it's Soul Manipulation or Non Physical Interaction, but in V's case it's NPI, he is literally just interacting with Nightmare's core, unless there is more examples

About AP, Empusas can easily rip humans apart and I guess that's 9-B here, which is the overall for fodder demons in DMC, they can tear humans easily, cut them in half with a single attack, that stuff. V harming them gives him 9-B AP

Also, his Durability is 9-C+ on a really low ball calc, so it is actually consistent

> I don't agree with those because he has never been there

Well, V has able to survive being near The Demon World

So, disease manipulation at least?

Last edited:
Didn't check every point, but on 3. That's not soul manip. That's at most NPI, but i have some issues with the "core is soul", the way he words it is more aching to "functions as a soul", trying to find synonyms to explain, but is not really spiritual. Considering how physical the cores are portrayed in the game.

But with that outta the way, it's just NPI, not soul manip.

Being closer to The Demon World cause "supernatural diseases"

That's why they should get disease manipulation resistance

A portal doesn't cause "being close" though. Unless there was anyone else that actually got effected like that.
Literally the nexus does that, im still iffy cuz Dante was right nex to the nexus while the portal the Qliphot has is at the very bottom and they didn't get there except for when they reached Dante but idk if that counts.

Hmm it seems only point 3, 4 and 7 is going to require debate, so lets focus on those points.

3- V's feat on nightmare can be soul hax since according to soul manipulation page, grasping and taking the soul way from their body is qualified to soul hax, and is what V did, with only diference Nightmare's body broke, but V intentions was to remove the core from nightmare's body.

4- V can scale to atleast sealed nightmare, V without noticing starts to use alot of demonic power, to the point Griffon alerts V to not use to much power or V dies, so V decides to punch throught Nightmare, manages to go throught but there is something interresting on the next scan, where V is literally having sort of demonic eyes, meaning V is using alot of power and is implied V needed to use alot of power or he wouldnt manage to punch throught nightmare and take his core. So for me its seens safe to scale V to sealed nightmare or atleast comparable to sealed nightmare.

7- Well, now its a debate on what Beryl have in special that V doesnt, while Beryl have a scar because of the beastheads (thanks to Chen, he states Beryl have conection with demon world and demonic energy in general) while V does have the same conection in general like Beryl, while Beryl's scar allow her to sense Beastheads and have conection with anything related to the demon world in general, V got this same conection (and a better one since he can percieve better than Beryl in general).

Like i said, i prefer to discuss V's ap rating on a another CTR, by the moment i fine by something higher than 10-B.

Last edited:
Hmm it seems only point 3, 4 and 7 is going to require debate, so lets focus on those points.

3- V's feat on nightmare can be soul hax since according to soul manipulation page, grasping and taking the soul way from their body is qualified to soul hax, and is what V did, with only diference Nightmare's body broke, but V intentions was to remove the core from nightmare's body.

4- V can scale to atleast sealed nightmare, V without noticing starts to use alot of demonic power, to the point Griffon alerts V to not use to much power or V dies, so V decides to punch throught Nightmare, manages to go throught but there is something interresting on the next scan, where V is literally having sort of demonic eyes, meaning V is using alot of power and is implied V needed to use alot of power or he wouldnt manage to punch throught nightmare and take his core. So for me its seens safe to scale V to sealed nightmare or atleast comparable to sealed nightmare.

7- Well, now its a debate on what Beryl have in special that V doesnt, while Beryl have a scar because of the beastheads (thanks to Chen, he states Beryl have conection with demon world and demonic energy in general) while V does have the same conection in general like Beryl, while Beryl's scar allow her to sense Beastheads and have conection with anything related to the demon world in general, V got this same conection (and a better one since he can percieve better than Beryl in general).

Like i said, i prefer to discuss V's ap rating on a another CTR, by the moment i fine by something higher than 10-B.
Fine by me

So i back.
About the core being a soul or not.
DMC1 states the core is their true form and cannot be harm by firearms, only by melee weapons and all of them have demonic power, so your normal sword wouldnt do shit, so it fits being a soul and his NPI characteristics and there is a interresting relation with being core of their powers and souls, in DMC demons needs to transfers their conscience (soul, and they are stated to be evil spirits) when trying to go into the human world, so their true power/form are totally related to their soul.

So.. yeah the core is their soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back