• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rusty: Maybe it would need a calc, it is important to note it was caused by the impact of Lady and casual Trish attack.

Since Griffon feat is on the low-end of 7-B, i don't think that DMC1 Dante should get the at least.

DMC4 Pre-Yamato Nero is not that important to add but likely 7-B is fine, EoG is 7-B since he is stronger than Agnus and was able to defeat Sanctus, when he previously fought and lost against Dante he realized that Dante was far stronger than him, beginning of DMC5 Nero should be just 7-B and then only needs the EoG key.

Abigail easy feat is 244 Megatons, so Base Anime Dante can scale to the value. The Argosax in 2 does not scale to Prime Argosax and Mundus since the being was trying to restore itself inside a cocoon made from the previous bosses, his Despair Embodiment Form does which was easily defeated by Base Dante, so is not likely 7-A.

The Mallet Island Destruction and Tree rising feat could be, however these feats are over time. I heard there is an Urizen statement of being able of shaking the foundations of earth, which is Ôëá as shaking the earth [and i'm searching it]. Lastly there are the novel feats, which are not completely deemed as cano and should be discussed later.

does anyone think its possible to calc the time dante blasted off to urizen and nero or when nero stopped dante and vergil?

DragonEmperor23 said:
I know there's disagreement on Nero's scaling above Dante and Vergil, but is there anyone that disagrees that he at least scales to being comparable?
I've always said he's comparable. Nothing more, nothing less. He never fights or overpowers Vergil or Dante when the two are in top condition, so I see no reason to scale him above them.

Dark649 said:
The Mallet Island Destruction and Tree rising feat could be, however these feats are over time. I heard there is an Urizen statement of being able of shaking the foundations of earth, which is Ôëá as shaking the earth [and i'm searching it]. Lastly there are the novel feats, which are not completely deemed as cano and should be discussed later.
That part of the dmc wiki is outdated stuff from the other novels that didn't contradict the games have stayed canon there is no reason for volume 2 not being canon

Not much in regards to his other abilities. Vague descriptions at best. It is noted that Dante (and by extension Vergil since his should operate in the same manner) can't remain in his SDT form for long in his character report. Not sure if his weakness tab should be updated to reflect this since it already says he has a finite amount of DT energy.

Bats16 said:
Not much in regards to his other abilities. Vague descriptions at best. It is noted that Dante (and by extension Vergil since his should operate in the same manner) can't remain in his SDT form for long in his character report. Not sure if his weakness tab should be updated to reflect this since it already says he has a finite amount of DT energy.
That should be just game mechanics (The finite DT), not sure about SDT.

Dark649 said:
Abigail easy feat is 244 Megatons, so Base Anime Dante can scale to the value. The Argosax in 2 does not scale to Prime Argosax and Mundus since the being was trying to restore itself inside a cocoon made from the previous bosses, his Despair Embodiment Form does which was easily defeated by Base Dante, so is not likely 7-A.
History of DMC video confirmed that the Argosax that Dante fought was comparable to Mundus and the exact Japanese translation outright states that Argosax was equal in power to Mundus

Am I the only one who thinks the story is a little disappointing?

Someone posted this somewhere but I liked more the idea of Urizen being some sort of "judge" who determines the new demon king and the one who expelled Sparda from the underworld.

Like SMT Nocturne where you have to fight one "judge" to create the new world.

The idea of Urizen being so unstoppable to the poit that Dante needs to eat the fruit just to save the human world and be sealed/trapped there forever would be better for me and it would give a true reason for Nero to fully become the protagonist.

I liked it, that kinda story doesn't fit DMC or didn't fit DMC since until DMC5 since DMC5 establishes that you can get to Mundus level without the Fruit and the Qliphoth can be grown multiple times.I like that DMC5 is more personal for Dante and wraps his story up nicely without it being sad or edgy and this allows Itsuno to finally focus on Nero without it feeling like Dante is being replaced or forgotten and the same goes for Vergil.

Dark649 said:
Wasn't there one huge explosion that finally destroyed mallet island though? Plus didn't mundus create mallet island? Or am I miss remembering.

Jesterofgames said:
Question, anybody else curious in how fast Nero was going when he stopped Dante and Vergil mid charge?
I was wondering if that could be calc'd, same thing when Dante awakens his SDT, he got to save Nero very fast.

@Jesterofgames

About the Nero thing, I'm curious as well but something like that would lead to calc stacking right?

And about the Mallet Island thing it was only one explosion and although we don't know if Mundus created Mallet Island or not, the lore implies it (but we can't really take an imply as truth) but Mallet Island being destroyed was due to Mundus being defeated so at the very least he was powering it, which is similar to how after the Savior and Sparda left Fortuna's headquater castle the place exploded as well.

If you get an actual time-frame for Nero's distance traveled, it's calcable. But you can NOT say "Nero moved x tens of meters while Dante and Vergil moved 1 or 2 meters, and since D and V are x speed, this would make Nero y speed" because that's calc stacking and would immediately be rejected.

And btw, it would only be hypersonic+ even when high-balling the distance.

CinCameron20 said:
I should have made myself clear. I was curious how fast nero was hypothetically without scaling to Dante or Vergil. Using however fast Vergil and Dante where moving in the scene. Example if they moved 10 m/s in the scene and Nero moved 10 times faster. I wasn't suggesting calc stacking. Also, since the scene of Nero walking up qlipoth cuts to Dante and Vergil charging implying they are happening at the same time. It takes around seconds for DT nero to Interrupt. However the same scene shows Dante and Vergil almost clashing before Nero even goes DT. So around 2 seconds for a high end.

Also and low balling the distance? (Again just curious.)

Dienomite22 said:
I was watching Maximillian Doods past DMC5 stream, and he tried to shoot Double Kalina Ann's heat ray at Vergil but Vergil deflected it, can this be calc'd:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/393198874?t=01h13m49s
And I also found this:https://youtu.be/2BN_tuOkMyI?t=91
Whats the point in calcing something that aint gonna give anything impressive,the characters are lightning timers,focusing on something like that is just time wasting if it aint upgrading the characters

Well the best feat is Dante being able to close range dodge and block Cavalier angelo's lightning. Probably would upgrade tjem to higher MHS+.

it would be more neat if they went beyond MHS speed at this point, there is mundus particle beam where a beam like that is said on wikipedia to be near light speed and artemis attacks said at the end of the mission to be actual light, plus something for dante fighting mundus in a timeless void or something in the novel, but this arent accepted at all aint they?

It need to fit the requirements of being light and fighting in a timeless void is not considered Infinite Speed.

Dark649 said:
It need to fit the requirements of being light and fighting in a timeless void is not considered Infinite Speed.
nowhere i stated infinite speed to be given from that you know that

plus if thats the case how come some characters got this rating from something similar?

BlackDarkness679 wrote
Whats the point in calcing something that aint gonna give anything impressive,the characters are lightning timers,focusing on something like that is just time wasting if it aint upgrading the characters

I didn't ask for the feat to be calc'd, I was asking if it CAN be cal'd as in is it possible to calc it.Also the timeless void thing didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back