• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil Hunter Vs Hero Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsure about this but eh

- Both at 7-A, TAS Dante and Half Monster Garou, Sparda Devil Trigger is restricted

- Speed =

- They start with 15 meters between them

- Both in character

Dante:

Garou:

Inconclusive:

I never said that Dante starts with that.

sooner or later you will have to use it when you see the ability to adapt from garou and

the ap of both is almost the same but garou has more

G: 260mt D: 244 mt

I'm honestly unsure who is the victor here but I'm leaning with Garou atm. Sure Dante seems to has a noticable AP advantage but Garou can deflect attacks that one-shot him and his 203 mt rating is from fodder that he scales massively above in this form so I wouldn't say AP is an issue here.

Garou also has crazy RE that would take him to the peak of 7-A instantly within the first few seconds on the battle. It took him from 7-A to High 6-A in 2 panels and allowed him to go from getting one-shotted by Darkshine to destroying him seconds later in the same battle. Garou's RE making him dramatically faster and stronger while evolving his technique and learning Dante's attacks and movement is a big fact here on top of Garou being far more skilled than Dante and having Instinctive Reaction.

Dante's variety here can definitely give him a win but it all depends on if he uses them quick enough. If Dante doesn't use any of his good hax at the start or roughly the beginning, he will likely get one-shotted by Garou.

I would have to give it to Garou in 8/10 matches.

Tier jump isn't allowed, Garou is 7-A here, I know scalling chains exist but they still on 7-A at absolutely best, same goes for speed which is equalized here

While Garou can amp his speed, Dante also amp via DT, fly and teleport. Time Stop and Time Slow in case this isn't enough is also easy for him

Royalguard can block attacks from people that are capable of one shot Dante and DT also amps him to the point of being capable of one shoting his "base self", he scales to Sid who who casually made a 240 mt feat in base and easily one shots that in DT

Deconstruction, BFR, Sealing, are all options but I believe the first is the biggest trouble for Garou here since it's completely in character

OPM speed feats are over 3x lightning speed, assuming that Iaian's mach 7k speed feat is shot down, and Garou adapted to blitz that level of speed, so Garou blitzing Dante via adaptation is fair game. Similar thing happens with his AP.

Though I doubt that matters because Dante seriously outhaxes here, and the advantages Garou does have (bar skill I guess) get hard countered by Dante's haxes. Inclined to say stomp.

@Dante Demon Killah

I know tier jump isn't allowed, the point was this Garou is moments before he evolved to High 6-A. Garou's evolution would still cap him out at the peak of 7-A and make him superior in AP to Dante.

Garou's MHS+ is faster than Dante's so he is allowed to use it and RE would boost his speed regardless of tier change is allowed or not.

But this is all dependant on Dante using Royal Guard before it's too late, Garou's attack reflection and surperior skill will prevent Dante from landing any hits and Garou himself is familiar with attack reflection and blocking.

Deconstruction is a problem but it has to hit aswell but Garou is all about dodging and deflecting and evolving.

Dante's only true way of tagging Garou is with time hax before Garou evolves in a few seconds.

Was originally thinking it's a stomp but from how it's sounding, Dienomite is being very convincing right now. And yeah the time abilities are also very helpful here, and the whole issue with Garou's tenacity and Regenerationn. If Dante messes up it'll bite his ass. Getting disarmed is also an issue.

When Garou knew Zombieman can regenerate he just shredded him apart so that's an in character route.

Though I'm bias to say tie now instead of stomp.

If tier jumps are allowed then Garou probably just runs up to Dante and flicks him after a few moments of evolving.

Unlike Zombiman, Dante's regen is instant. And Garou regen is nothing new for Dante, specially with soul hax and deconstruction.

If Garou gets the upper hand in AP then Dante will use DT and at that point Dante will have the AP for a while and maybe the speed advantage but as soon as Garou starts blitzing DT Dante then its GG as Dante would not play around and stop time meaning he has a free pass on Garou's ass.

Garou has an unknown lifting strength so him disarming Dante is not really something he can do.

I dunno if this is a stomp as Dante isn't stupid to not use some useful ability when he needs it the most, specially when he is in DT mode, and Garou lacks any form to respond to the hax.

Dante's DT will not help close the gap between Garou at all if Garou evolves. Garou would be peak 7-A (since tier jumping isn't allowed) and his speed would be beyond blitzing. Garou in this form just needs 1 (one) evolution to AP and Blitz stomp Dante and that evolution takes only a few seconds.

Garou's lifting strength is Unknown but he is massively superior to Tanktop Master who is class K and Suiryu and Darkshine who are Class M, he has the advantage here.

Garou lacks responses to Hax but it all depends on if Dante can hit Garou in the first place, which he can't unless he uses time manipulation

Also, Dante's fear hax would not help here and would likely put Garou's RE into overdrive. The guy gets stronger the more he thinks he's in trouble and scared.

Tier jumping is allowed last time I checked tho.

Speed is equal at the start of the match, Garou will become stronger and faster but it isn't a jump that insta makes him or High 6-A or capable of stomping his enemies in just seconds , specially when he has the AP advantage after a while.

Look at the fight with Orochi for example, Garou was becoming stronger and faster but nothing that could make him top orochi at any point. And the one with Darkshine was because DS stopped to belive in himself IIRC, on top of that none of the damage he made is lethal, not like it matters when Dante regens back just fine.

Dante definetly has the AP advante when he goes into DT, which will happen soon and you already know Dante mindset while on DT, and with Garou having the advante in speed the time manip will come into play.

With DT comes the obvious fear hax which is another point on favor of Dante.

Dienomite22 said:
Also, Dante's fear hax would not help here and would likely put Garou's RE into overdrive. The guy gets stronger the more he thinks he's in trouble and scared.
The scan says that the fear hax can drive humans insane, mind breaking Garou is a winco Dante can get easily if he stalls but that is not his style.

Dantes fear hax isn't terror, its despair. People don't start running or fighting harder, they commit suicide. He wouldn't start fighting harder or going all out, he'd feel immense despair and dread that pushes him to the brink of suicide.

@Tony di bugalu

If tier jumping is allowed then Garou just taps.

No, this version of Garou is literally right before he turns High 6-A and Relativistic, it would be less than 10 seconds.

This Garou is far above the one that fought Orochi. Darkshine himself said Garou was getting faster, stronger and all the while improving his technique and this was after Darkshine almost killed him with a single attack. Then this Garou became high 6-A after the fight.

Dante will not have the ap advantage with DT I can promise you that. Unless DT Dante reaches peak 7-A or high 6-A in DT he will be inferior to Garou here.

Already addressed fear hax.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Dantes fear hax isn't terror, its despair. People don't start running or fighting harder, they commit suicide. He wouldn't start fighting harder or going all out, he'd feel immense despair and dread that pushes him to the brink of suicide.
I was actually going to bring this up to change the Fear Manipulation to Madness Manipulation (Type 3; overtime) for all who have demonic heritage.

Dante is Class G, Garou is Unknown, he doesn't have any advantage in strength if he scales to Class M or K

His speed is easily countered by Time Hax

Royalguard is one of the most basic moves from Dante

This version of Garou is 7-A and speed is equalized

Being inferior in AP doens't make you a helpless princess, by the actual calcs and scalling DT Dante can survive Garou, plus ALL the other haxes that he can use here, btw, peak 7-A means what ? 1000 MT ? Because that's the limit and considering our One Shot page, a gap of 7,5X is one shot, considering that DT Dante one shots a casual 240 mt, then yeah, he reaches peak 7-A and he's not going to be blitzed while having Time Hax that he can use anytime and he's not getting one shoted considering one of his main, BASIC abilities is Royalguard

You guys are using scalling chains to make people act like 6-Cs (or even higher) in a 7-A battle, a "peak 7-A character" would be at the limit of the Tier but that isn't enough to one shot even Base Dante by our rules, only to seriously hurt, however instant mid regen covers that, then DT and Royalguard covers AP, DT amp + Time hax covers speed and Deconstruction covers anything

The fact that we are discussing if Dante is going to use his stuff in a obviosuly dangerous situation after Garou RE basically shows how wrong this is. But I get it, the fight will be normal until the RE, after that Garou will surprise Dante, however he have the regen and minimum durability to survive the attack and It's not going to stay there waiting Garou to cover him in punches while having a massive arsenal to use here. Devil Trigger is easy to use and very in character, and will be his answer to the "jumpscare" that RE Garou is going to give him, and it gives to Dante a huge boost in AP, enough to be comparable to Garou ? Probably no, but more than enough to survive his attacks specially with Royalguard being one of his basic moves

However to block and attack he needs to be fast enough, and apparently Garou's RE also gives him a huge boost in speed. DT also gives him a boost in speed which it helps but if Garou's speed proves to be too much, what would be the logical answer for Dante ? Time Hax. Quicksilver. Which would obviously give Dante an edge in battle, then Garou doesn't have anything to go against Deconstruction

Now I know that's a lot of "steps" that Dante needs to use in order to win but it's actually pretty simple

Royalguard is almost passive, like I said, one of his most basic moves

DT is always his answer against comparable opponents

Deconstruction was used in some cutscenes and even against fodders, it is normal to him

Time Hax is the only not that in character for him here, and will be used once Dante realize that he can't hit Garou with his bullets without it thanks to his speed advantage, and yes, that can take some time, and while this happens Garou can try to finish the fight, but Dante's "enough AP", Royalguard, Flight, Enhanced Senses and Teleportation can make him stay in battle and keep the fight, blocking, trying to stay out of range, trying to predict his next attack. If Garou's speed is proves to be too much, Dante will use Time Hax, the more his speed is overhelming, more quickly Time Hax will be used, and with that in battle, Garou is finished, specially if Dante uses Time Stop

I hope you guys don't mind me, I know I'm the OP, but this fight became fun to talk about XD

Why is 7-A Dante Class G? That doesn't make any sense at all when the Class G feat is from his DMC4 form and only scale to God Tiers.

True but It's gonna be hard to sell Anime Dante using Time Manipulation.

Royal Guard would be kinda useful here but only for like a second until Garou evolves.

Dante isn't casually 240 mt but his DT is and according to our standards 7.5x difference is correct when it comes to one shotting but that doesn't mean Dante is 7.5x superior to Abigail because he one shot him in DT. DT is still unknown in how much of a boost it is meaning it's an casual DT 240 mt Dante vs an extremely casual 1 gt Garou. Dante does have things like healing and such to help counter the AP gap but Garou would be faster and capable of killing this Dante.

Dante's regen is hardly a factor here, Garou has techniques that insta gibs the entire body such as WICF which Dante's mid regen nor healing couldn't keep up with because it cuts the head along with the entire body into pieces and he uses it frequently. We don't know how much punishment RG can take but it wouldn't do Dante good to just constantly RG, Garou would likely evolve to be faster just like he did with Darkshine or the match would be inconclusive. Time hax is good but once again I don't think Anime Dante would use it in time.

Don't have much to say here all of this has been addressed.

Garou's speed would be boosted to Relativistic here. Garou's tier being 7-A doesn't prevent him getting the speed boost since a tier is AP and DB and unrelated to Speed. As always time hax would be Dante's best bet but it would be hard t- whatever, you already know what I'm about to say.

Deconstruction is only possible after Dante uses Time Manipulation, otherwise he's not getting it off on Garou.

Flight is also a good option for Dante, one I haven't thought about actually but Dante would have to resort to it before Garou uses WICF which is one of his bread and butter techniques and something he uses casually along with WSRCF. But it is a good tactic, though I don't know if Dante would resort to it in character vs Garou who is doing all of this in character and casually.

I don't mind OP's discussing or voting, as long as it isn't clearly biased and petty. I've seen that happen once before in another thread, yikes.

Why is 7-A Dante Class G? That doesn't make any sense at all when the Class G feat is from his DMC4 form and only scale to God Tiers.

I actually made a CRT in order to downgrade him, to Class K, however for now we use what is in his profile

True but It's gonna be hard to sell Anime Dante using Time Manipulation.

Because ? I explained in my earlier post why and how Dante is going to use it, my whole argument is based on the fact that the fight would be problematic since Time Hax is not in character, he would need to be under pressure to use it and the whole scenario of the fight leads to this thanks to Garou's speed. Assuming he will be blizted for eternity, risking his life in the process and dying, while having Time Hax in his arsenal is, for me, hard to sell

Royal Guard would be kinda useful here but only for like a second until Garou evolves.

Garou will need to be capable of one shoting+ Base Dante to break his Base Royalguard, and same goes for DT, which is actually impossible under the 7-A limitation that we have in the fight

Dante isn't casually 240 mt but his DT is and according to our standards 7.5x difference is correct when it comes to one shotting but that doesn't mean Dante is 7.5x superior to Abigail because he one shot him in DT. DT is still unknown in how much of a boost it is meaning it's an casual DT 240 mt Dante vs an extremely casual 1 gt Garou. Dante does have things like healing and such to help counter the AP gap but Garou would be faster and capable of killing this Dante.

He is, in base, very casually a 240 mt character since he was comparable to Sid in their clash, Dante was actually wining in base and instantly one shoted him in DT. Sid's 240 Mt was done very casually and while he was doing other stuff, like nuking portions of the city

He doesn't need to be 7,5X stronger in DT to reach a "peak 7-A", even half of that makes this fight very close in AP, the gap would be 2, maybe 3X ? That's nowhere near enough to Garou to one shot anyone here, and even more with Royalguard being actually a thing in this battle, his real advantage here is speed

Also, Devil Trigger gives him Fear manip but I believe Garou resists, however it also heals Dante passively

Dante's regen is hardly a factor here, Garou has techniques that insta gibs the entire body such as WICF which Dante's mid regen nor healing couldn't keep up with because it cuts the head along with the entire body into pieces and he uses it frequently. We don't know how much punishment RG can take but it wouldn't do Dante good to just constantly RG, Garou would likely evolve to be faster just like he did with Darkshine or the match would be inconclusive. Time hax is good but once again I don't think Anime Dante would use it in time.

If he actually have enough AP to nuke Dante into bits, and his Regen is intantly fast, like Vergil being cut in half and healing fast enough to don't lose anything, and Royalguard can take anything as long as Dante uses in the right timing (whiiiiiich will be really hard here) unless we are using the most recent version of the Royalguard (It makes sense since it isn't something that was evolving chronologically since he had in 3 but not on 1 or 2) which doesn't need timing and it doesn't have a limit since in game it uses Dante's DT Gauge, which is only a game mech, we don't see a limit for the technique in other games if he have the timing, because without it, it can break against Garou

However, keep in mind that with less answers to Garou's speed, more likely Time Hax becomes, is literally a matter of options, if x isn't an option, y isn't an option, then z being the only option makes it the only choice, right ? And Dante wound't waste time trying because if we are using...DMC3 Version of Royalguard, which is what we have for Anime Dante chronologically, then he knows that he needs timing, something that he never would have against a evolved Garou

Garou's speed would be boosted to Relativistic here. Garou's tier being 7-A doesn't prevent him getting the speed boost since a tier is AP and DB and unrelated to Speed. As always time hax would be Dante's best bet but it would be hard t- whatever, you already know what I'm about to say.

Well, speed is equal so they start with the same speed, and Garou's speed amp seems in fact impressive, but as I said in the other post, the more his speed is overhelming Dante, more quickly and likely Time Hax will be used, and if his choice is Time Stop, it's the end for Garou, add this to the fact that DMC3 Royalguard (If we are using this version) isn't a valid option, then you have Time Hax being literally the difference between life and death, and I don't think you believe that Dante will rather die instead of actually having a good chance against this guy

Flight is also a good option for Dante, one I haven't thought about actually but Dante would have to resort to it before Garou uses WICF which is one of his bread and butter techniques and something he uses casually along with WSRCF. But it is a good tactic, though I don't know if Dante would resort to it in character vs Garou who is doing all of this in character and casually.

I remebered about Flight while I was thinking: how can someone fight someone much faster ?

Getting out of opponent's range is a "standard" tactic in case you are getting a beat thanks to your opponent speed, it would help him but then what ? He still needs to win and he's not going to land a hit on Garou while flying because he would dodge the attack, even a AoE attack (which Dante isn't that good) wouldn't work, at the end, he needs Time Hax or else he gets blasted with Garou speed advantage. AP would help Garou to hurt Dante but as I said, their gao isn't that big since they are limited to 7-A

I will not vote, I'll let you guys decide that, but IF I would vote, would be probably Inconclusive, what we have here is a scenario where Garou will have a AP advantage, enough to hurt Dante and a big speed advantage, however, Dante have Time Hax which would give him the victory since being faster than Garou would lead him to use Deconstruction which nukes Garou into oblivion, and the durability necessary to survive for some time, add that with the fact that his options are

A: doesn't work because needs timing and he knows, so not going to waste time here and

B: doesn't help him to win (flight)

He NEEDS Time Hax to survive/win and he will know this at the momment Garou's speed became to big to actually be countered by DMC3's Royalguard. If we are using DMC5's Royalguard then it becomes a HUGE weapon against Garou since it has no limit and it doesn't need timing

Also, being in this kind of situation would trigger his Acelerated Development which will give him the Majin Form, amping his stats that would help against Garou while also heals Dante, but most importantly, going by what we see in 2, it massively boosts Dante's durability which would be specially useful here

Aside from this, have you added the changes from the last CRT, Dieno ? I'm going to ask someone to open his profile to add some fights, I could add the accepted stuff if you want

@Dante Demon Killah

I actually made a CRT in order to downgrade him, to Class K, however for now we use what is in his profile

Didn't even know that thread existed..neat. We can halt this thread until the lifting strength stuff is handled if needed.

Because ? I explained in my earlier post why and how Dante is going to use it, my whole argument is based on the fact that the fight would be problematic since Time Hax is not in character, he would need to be under pressure to use it and the whole scenario of the fight leads to this thanks to Garou's speed. Assuming he will be blizted for eternity, risking his life in the process and dying, while having Time Hax in his arsenal is, for me, hard to sell

I get that but my point is with the difference in speed and Garou having techniques to deal with Dante's regen that he uses frequently in character, Garou would be able to kill Dante 100x over before Dante could thinking or resorting to using Time Manipulation. This battle will be a quick one, like a 30 seconds at most with Garou's RE making him Peak 7-A and relativistic in the first few seconds.

Garou will need to be capable of one shoting+ Base Dante to break his Base Royalguard, and same goes for DT, which is actually impossible under the 7-A limitation that we have in the fight

My point here was not that Garou would be able to one-shot but it would be impossible for Dante to actually block Garou's attacks due to the speed difference. I probably should have clarified that rather than just stating it.

He is, in base, very casually a 240 mt character since he was comparable to Sid in their clash, Dante was actually wining in base and instantly one shoted him in DT. Sid's 240 Mt was done very casually and while he was doing other stuff, like nuking portions of the city

He doesn't need to be 7,5X stronger in DT to reach a "peak 7-A", even half of that makes this fight very close in AP, the gap would be 2, maybe 3X ? That's nowhere near enough to Garou to one shot anyone here, and even more with Royalguard being actually a thing in this battle, his real advantage here is speed

Also, Devil Trigger gives him Fear manip but I believe Garou resists, however it also heals Dante passively

I keep on blending Sid with Dante here when thinking of the 7-A DMC feat, yea, Dante is casually 7-A (I believe I even argued that in another thread too lmao).

The point about DT was we don't know it's multiplier and we can't try to determine it's multiplier in verse by looking at Dante one-shotting Sidbigail and say that's a 2 or 3x multiplier. Dante is only casually 240 mt and in DT he is unknowably superior so we can't apply a value to Dante's AP in DT without making up one. Dante is casually 240 and extremely casually 240 in DT, that is all we can say about that.

True but we don't how much it improve his healing though it is something to note.

If he actually have enough AP to nuke Dante into bits, and his Regen is intantly fast, like Vergil being cut in half and healing fast enough to don't lose anything, and Royalguard can take anything as long as Dante uses in the right timing (whiiiiiich will be really hard here) unless we are using the most recent version of the Royalguard (It makes sense since it isn't something that was evolving chronologically since he had in 3 but not on 1 or 2) which doesn't need timing and it doesn't have a limit since in game it uses Dante's DT Gauge, which is only a game mech, we don't see a limit for the technique in other games if he have the timing, because without it, it can break against Garou

However, keep in mind that with less answers to Garou's speed, more likely Time Hax becomes, is literally a matter of options, if x isn't an option, y isn't an option, then z being the only option makes it the only choice, right ? And Dante wound't waste time trying because if we are using...DMC3 Version of Royalguard, which is what we have for Anime Dante chronologically, then he knows that he needs timing, something that he never would have against a evolved Garou

It's not exactly that Garou has the AP to nuke Dante, it's that he has techniques that turns the entire body into sushi rolls and can easily by pass Dante's mid regen with one hit onto any part of the body. I would say we should use DMC 3 RG depletion in this match since it's fair to assume DMC5 Dante improved upon it and to prevent future match ups with Dante claiming it's unfair to use DMC 5 Royal Guard system with DMC3 Dante and viceversa.

I agree, that's how I see it generally.

And as for the rest of your post, I agree with most. I don't believe this battle would last long enough to push Dante to use Majin DT but Time manipulation and flight made me go from easily voting for Garou to being inconclusive but leaning with Garou. It all depends if Dante does or does not use Time Manipulation and if he does, would he have the time to use it with the speed difference. It's a hard thing to determine so I will vote Inconcluesive for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back