• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well considering the difference between 7C and 8A, Toji stomps. Multi city block vs town level here

Ok so now that they're more equal than before, what does Tanjiro have to go against Toji's Durability Negation, Soul Manipulation and Power Nullification?

He just has PC. So this match is a massive stomp if you aren't making it HI Toji as puppet has no way of stopping the regen.

Changed,
He has the soul split katana now, and the inverted spear of heaven and such.
Alright first, Toji has no way to enter a stealth fight situation, With Tanjiros enhanced senses being able to easily sense him..especially his nose,

Alright first, Toji has no way to enter a stealth fight situation, With Tanjiros enhanced senses being able to easily sense him..especially his nose,
Yeah that's fine, Toji's stealth isn't anything impressive anyway.

But it not being a stealth fight will only harm Tanjiro's chances here more. With Toji's senses he'll be able to dodge Tanjiro's strikes pretty easily since its demon tanj who just fights aggressive and rushes this'll let Toji land isoh or sk with ease and that'll be the fight.

How will the ISOH interact with Tanjiros physiology?
And how does the soul split katana work in terms of negating regeneration? All we know is that it bypasses dura.
Yeah that's fine, Toji's stealth isn't anything impressive anyway.

But it not being a stealth fight will only harm Tanjiro's chances here more. With Toji's senses he'll be able to dodge Tanjiro's strikes pretty easily since its demon tanj who just fights aggressive and rushes this'll let Toji land isoh or sk with ease and that'll be the fight.

To my knowledge Demon Slayer doesn't have anything that interacts with the soul in the way the SSK does, and in JJK the soul is like a thing that can be injured instead of your body, and most people can't heal from. In essence, it deals damage to the soul which can't be healed by most people, which really just means that the slashes from SSK will leave lasting damage (not that it negates the regen, but the way it cuts the soul makes it un-regeneratable)

To my knowledge Demon Slayer doesn't have anything that interacts with the soul in the way the SSK does, and in JJK the soul is like a thing that can be injured instead of your body, and most people can't heal from. In essence, it deals damage to the soul which can't be healed by most people, which really just means that the slashes from SSK will leave lasting damage (not that it negates the regen, but the way it cuts the soul makes it un-regeneratable)
makes it un-regeneratable
His soul will still be cut here and he will too. At some point Tanjiro's soul is gonna be ribbons and his body will too. Can he function with a shredded soul basically

His soul will still be cut here and he will too. At some point Tanjiro's soul is gonna be ribbons and his body will too. Can he function with a shredded soul basically
I don't think he can, so Toji definitely has a way of winning here. My next question is about whether Tanjiro's biological deconstruction via Muzan's blood would be able to stop Toji. I can imagine these two charging at eachother and killing eachother at the same time.

I don't think he can, so Toji definitely has a way of winning here. My next question is about whether Tanjiro's biological deconstruction via Muzan's blood would be able to stop Toji. I can imagine these two charging at eachother and killing eachother at the same time.
Do you guys have any proof of the Soul Split Katana negating regeneration for anything other than cursed spirits? It just seems like a really good durability bypass,

Do you guys have any proof of the Soul Split Katana negating regeneration for anything other than cursed spirits? It just seems like a really good durability bypass,
Don't Cursed Spirits and Humans regenerate through the same method in JJK? Both use Reverse Cursed Technique. The difference being that Curses have a better natural affinity for it than Sorcerers.

With the exception being Mahito ofc.

Don't Cursed Spirits and Humans regenerate through the same method in JJK? Both use Reverse Cursed Technique. The difference being that Curses have a better natural affinity for it than Sorcerers.

With the exception being Mahito ofc.
I’m pretty sure cursed spirits cant use RCT.

I’m pretty sure cursed spirits cant use RCT.
17.jpg
18.jpg

Chapter 8 of the manga...

Curse spirits doesnt use reverse cursed technique since it would kill them. They heal by other methods

Basic concept of RCT is to transform negative energy into positive
And guess what, curses are made out of negative energy
Positive energy would wipe out them

Curse spirits doesnt use reverse cursed technique since it would kill them. They heal by other methods

Basic concept of RCT is to transform negative energy into positive
And guess what, curses are made out of negative energy
Positive energy would wipe out them
I don't think it was implied using Reverse Cursed Technique would kill them. If they are struck by positive energy infused attack it def kills them, but Sukuna all but confirms in the scans above that Curses can heal in the same way as sorcerers more efficiently due to being made of Cursed Energy.

No? It's just said that it's enveloped by positive energy SIMILAR to Reversed Cursed Energy. I addressed this scan in particular here
If they are struck by positive energy infused attack it def kills them
Sukuna explicitly states both use Cursed Energy to heal and that Curses have an easier time doing it than humans. With the only method for a sorcerer being able to regenerate being via RCT. So it'd directly imply they use the same method. That said, attacks that use Reversed Cursed Energy don't just one-shot Curses. Jogo survived Red which is also a RCT. So clearly they can endure the energy to some extent. Dying to positive energy when being hit by an attack way stronger than them? Explicitly stated, yes. Dying to positive energy through RCT? Never stated.

Why else would Sukuna comment that if their regen wasn't through the same method?

Edit: Actually, wasn't there a Gege explanation panel that talked about how they regened? Maybe that'd have information that clears this up?

That said, dunno why we'd assume that negging the regen of a curse =/= negging the regen of a sorcerer if Curses use a similar method and are better at it than sorcerers. If anything, I'd say negging the regen of a sorcerer =/= negging the regen of a Curse, but negging the regen of a Curse = negging the regen of a sorcerer.

Okay, let me explain it to you
Humans arent made out of negative energy, aka cursed energy, and thus need to heal with other methods, thats it, reverse cursed technique, something that creates positive energy
Curses in the other hand are made out of negative energy, aka cursed energy, and thus they can heal wouds with normal CE because thats what they are made out. They are just applying "more of their own mass" in themselfs to heal
Thats why its easier for curses to heal, because they dont need some complex technique to regen

If we are to use JJK's definition of the soul and their version of healing (RCT) then yeah you could count it as regen negation. I don't know how Demon Slayer treats souls, but in JJK if your soul gets damaged, you can heal your body but the wound still lingers in the soul and can only recover naturally over time. Mahito and Sukuna were both incapable of healing soul damage with their regeneration methods.

So it all depends on if we use JJK's explanation of the soul, in that Toji's katana can bypass durability and Tanjiro can heal those wounds, but the damage in his soul will still accumulate.

If we are to use JJK's definition of the soul and their version of healing (RCT) then yeah you could count it as regen negation. I don't know how Demon Slayer treats souls, but in JJK if your soul gets damaged, you can heal your body but the wound still lingers in the soul and can only recover naturally over time. Mahito and Sukuna were both incapable of healing soul damage with their regeneration methods.

So it all depends on if we use JJK's explanation of the soul, in that Toji's katana can bypass durability and Tanjiro can heal those wounds, but the damage in his soul will still accumulate.
I don't feel like that'd apply? Unless you guys can find proof of the split soul katana negating biological regeneration(Since RCT and Cursed Spirits regen comes from an energy source) then I'd say it wouldn't work.

I havent forgotten. I asked about it last week and nobody responded to it.
I personally believe that the blood deconstruction would kill Toji.

I don't feel like that'd apply? Unless you guys can find proof of the split soul katana negating biological regeneration(Since RCT and Cursed Spirits regen comes from an energy source) then I'd say it wouldn't work.
Even assuming it doesn't negate regeneration, can Tanjiro live when their soul is cut into pieces? Or even better, can Tanjiro recover his soul from damage it sustained?

Tanjiro doesn't have to be skilled at all, Toji cuts him and he gets melted and gets vaporized, according to the profile.

So my vote goes to incon

Does "injecting" mean he has to insert it into Toji? If so, I think he'd struggle to do so. I watched Season 1 of the anime, and IIRC, he did this by gouging his finger into a human and it turned them into a pile of sludge.
Oh IDK

I've never actually seen KnY, I thought it was by touch ngl, but now that you pointed out the injecting part, I'm not even sure anymore

Back