• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer profile fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah so what your saying here is literally a baseless assumption. Being resistant to demons blood's ability to make you a demon, doesn't mean you can be resistant to bda. This isn't even like room for discussion it's literally a faulty logic system.

Yeah so what your saying here is literally a baseless assumption. Being resistant to demons blood's ability to make you a demon, doesn't mean you can be resistant to bda. This isn't even like room for discussion it's literally a faulty logic system.
bda is just weaponized demon blood but you make sense

like in hxh being resistant to nen aura doesn't make you resistant to nen abilities

just saying that this is way to vague to even discuss about

they said in the anime that the acid dissolves people and murata was not dissolved

regardless of how ambiguous it is it happened, so i vote against the change

but yeah, while there is proof he resisted, there is no proof why he did it and it's so minor it's best just to stay like this

they said in the anime that the acid dissolves people and murata was not dissolved
You fail to understand how its more then simply dissolving as i outlined in my above post
regardless of how ambiguous it is it happened, so i vote against the change

but yeah, while there is proof he resisted, there is no proof why he did it and it's so minor it's best just to stay like this
So you believe there's enough to garner a possibly rating. I heavily disagree, but ultimately i can respect your choice.

AGREE: Jibz, Confluctor, Shey, Velox, LOK, Zencha, Speedster
DISAGREE: XVII

Last edited:
AGREE: Jibz, Confluctor, Shey, Velox, LOK, Zencha
DISAGREE: Nehz, XVII
I think you can remove me from the disagree list. I've presented the reasons for the possible Resistance and if people decide that this isn't enough, then I don't plan on opposing that. In the first place, I've never directly said that I agreed or disagreed.

think you can remove me from the disagree list. I've presented the reasons for the possible Resistance and if people decide that this isn't enough, then I don't plan on opposing that. In the first place, I've never directly said that I agreed or disagreed.
fair enough

This shouldn't garner any rating, because we have 0 clue if Muruta actually resists it. Let's start with how the ability works, This clearly described a step proccess:

Melt your clothes -->Then your body (peep the notion that itll "work on" clearly implying a discernable timeframe)

The ability itself works as Shinobu comments on all the people killed by this method (predicts 80 killed in total). So what's so special about Muruta? He's a literal nobody. He shows no resistance in any way shape or form, and the fact he didnt die is most likely due to the fact it takes time for the acid to "work" on the body. I genuinely don't see a basis for the rating, especially since Murata himself was so worried and the spider lady was so confident.
This is fine

Thank you for helping out. What has been accepted by our staff here can probably be applied then.

Pretty sure every slayer has this on their profile (as they should all be > Muruta) so they'd all need to be opened.
I'll have to slightly correct you. Genya doesn't have that Resistance and the Resistance is for all users of Total Concentration Breathing. I'm also a bit worried about how the OP itself almost only mentions Murata and Shinobu and none of the other Demon Slayers and Shinobu is only mentioned once. That could give people who don't check the profiles the impression that this is about Murata when he doesn't even have a profile and it's mostly about the Demon Slayer profiles with the exception of Genya.

I'll have to slightly correct you. Genya doesn't have that Resistance and the Resistance is for all users of Total Concentration Breathing.
MB. Every slayer except Genya*
I'm also a bit worried about how the OP itself almost only mentions Murata and Shinobu and none of the other Demon Slayers and Shinobu is only mentioned once. That could give people who don't check the profiles the impression that this is about Murata when he doesn't even have a profile and it's mostly about the Demon Slayer profiles with the exception of Genya.
Okay. Let's say hypothetically that this was the case (Which seems likely after rereading my OP) if they agreed with me on that basis, then they'd agree with me for all, because the reasoning for one, is the exact same reasoning for them all.

Okay. Let's say hypothetically that this was the case (Which seems likely after rereading my OP) if they agreed with me on that basis, then they'd agree with me for all, because the reasoning for one, is the exact same reasoning for them all.
It still feels wrong if decisions are made while some context that would be easily available if the effort is made is missing. The reasoning for the possible Resistance as it is presented in the OP lacks the context of how the Resistance is scaled to those with Total Concentration Breathing and just how unworried Shinobu was while dealing with Spider Demon Sister.

Well, what shall we do about this? (if the tone comes off as harsh, not my intent, this is a genuine question)

Well, what shall we do about this? (if the tone comes off as harsh, not my intent, this is a genuine question)
I didn't get a harsh impression from this but it's good to see that you are considering how harsh it may come across. I'd suggest to edit the OP to properly reflect in a more complete and clear manner what this thread is about and just why we we have this possible Resistance on the profiles and ask the other staff members with the exception of Antvasima to comment here again which should be enough to make the final decision if we aren't missing anything.

Note: This effects all Slayers who have resistance to acid, as they are considered superior to Muruta who also has resistance. All slayers except Genya have resistance to acid due to them also having "total concentration breathing" which is thought to be a requirement.
With the addition of this note it's probably safe to ask for the opinions of the other staff members who commented here already again. @Confluctor @CloverDragon03 @DemonGodMitchAubin

"Shinobu was not worried about his ability to survive"

I'd also like to highlight this aspect of the justification since Shinobu made the Spider Demon Sister aware of her presence after she approached her from behind without being detected and continued to basically play and talk with her before killing her despite being far superior and getting Murata out of the cocoon with her displaying no worry or hurry despite the fact that she is a person who cares for the lifes of innocent people and her fellow demon slayers. Jibz argued though that her experience with demons and the possible knowledge she might have acquired from the previous cocoons she encountered might have played a role here since she is quite intelligent.

id also like to highlight that she did ask if Muruta was okay after coming out of the acid, but as Nehz posited earlier it may be due to standard greeting rather than her actual worry.

can i get a tl:dr?
It's basically the current OP,

"Shinobu was not worried about his ability to survive"

I'd also like to highlight this aspect of the justification since Shinobu made the Spider Demon Sister aware of her presence after she approached her from behind without being detected and continued to basically play and talk with her before killing her despite being far superior and getting Murata out of the cocoon with her displaying no worry or hurry despite the fact that she is a person who cares for the lifes of innocent people and her fellow demon slayers. Jibz argued though that her experience with demons and the possible knowledge she might have acquired from the previous cocoons she encountered might have played a role here since she is quite intelligent.
this,

id also like to highlight that she did ask if Muruta was okay after coming out of the acid, but as Nehz posited earlier it may be due to standard greeting rather than her actual worry.
and this.

I'm still very neutral because I think this could go either way. I think a solid argument could be made for this being a possible resistance or not being one at all because on the one hand, Shinobu taking so much time when she knows Murata could be dying and her whole "not being worried at his ability to survive" indicates a possible resistance. However, as mentioned before, the poison may simply take time to take effect, and Shinobu may have just realized this since she is as intelligent as she is. Also worth noting is that Shinobu herself specializes in using poisons, so she may have figured that out.

I'm still very neutral because I think this could go either way. I think a solid argument could be made for this being a possible resistance or not being one at all because on the one hand, Shinobu taking so much time when she knows Murata could be dying and her whole "not being worried at his ability to survive" indicates a possible resistance. However, as mentioned before, the poison may simply take time to take effect, and Shinobu may have just realized this since she is as intelligent as she is. Also worth noting is that Shinobu herself specializes in using poisons, so she may have figured that out.
This is about an Acid Manipulation Resistance not a Poison Manipulation Resistance.

I feel like the line between acid and poison is a pretty thin line

Still, what I said applies aside from Shinobu's specialty in poison, just replace the word poison with acid

Yeah acids and poisons are very interconnected. And Shinobu herself highlights she's good at chemistry aswell so either way :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back