• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer profile fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibz

He/Him
Possibly Acid Manipulation (The much weaker Murata was seemingly unharmed after spending time in acid that dissolved his clothes, and Shinobu was not worried about his ability to survive)
This shouldn't garner any rating, because we have 0 clue if Muruta actually resists it. Let's start with how the ability works, This clearly described a step proccess:

Melt your clothes -->Then your body (peep the notion that itll "work on" clearly implying a discernable timeframe)

The ability itself works as Shinobu comments on all the people killed by this method (predicts 80 killed in total). So what's so special about Muruta? He's a literal nobody. He shows no resistance in any way shape or form, and the fact he didnt die is most likely due to the fact it takes time for the acid to "work" on the body. I genuinely don't see a basis for the rating, especially since Murata himself was so worried and the spider lady was so confident.

Note: This effects all Slayers who have resistance to acid, as they are considered superior to Muruta who also has resistance. All slayers except Genya have resistance to acid due to them also having "total concentration breathing" which is thought to be a requirement.

Personally i disagree, and that is the basis of the crt.

Last edited:
Bump, also regardless of if it's a "possibly" rating, there is literally no reason to provide the assumption that he resists the acid.

Part of the reasoning for the possible Acid Manipulation Resistance is Shinobu not being worried about Murata which can be seen by how she took some time while dealing with the Spider Demon Sister. Even if we assume that she heard the explanation about how the acid works that the Spider Demon Sister told Murata there would be no way for her to truly know how fast the acid would go over to melting his body and at the end where he was freed his clothes were already dissolved.

Last edited:
Part of the reasoning for the possible Acid Manipulation Resistance is Shinobu not being worried about Murata which can be seen by how took some time while dealing with the Spider Demon Sister. Even if we assume that she heard the explanation about how the acid works that the Spider Demon Sister told Murata there would be no way for her to truly how fast the acid would go over to melting his body and at the end where he was freed his clothes were already dissolved.
This makes 0 sense when you think about it though. The acid is shown to work and kill the targets, Shinobu even comments having witnessed the remains of the other victims. The notion Muruta can somehow resists this when having no reason makes 0 sense. Hell even if you argue that he was special in this regard when all the other demon slayers weren't, why was Shinobu not shocked that he survived when the others didn't?

The reason's Shinobu wasn't scared are numerous. Perhaps its because she's good at chemistry, perhaps she knew that a fodder demon like that wouldn't have an ability that strong, perhaps she just didn't care. But the notion that it's due to resistance leads to a contradiction, and thus a faulty logic system.

This makes 0 sense when you think about it though. The acid is shown to work and kill the targets, Shinobu even comments having witnessed the remains of the other victims. The notion Muruta can somehow resists this when having no reason makes 0 sense. Hell even if you argue that he was special in this regard when all the other demon slayers weren't, why was Shinobu not shocked that he survived when the others didn't?

The reason's Shinobu wasn't scared are numerous. Perhaps its because she's good at chemistry, perhaps she knew that a fodder demon like that wouldn't have an ability that strong, perhaps she just didn't care. But the notion that it's due to resistance leads to a contradiction, and thus a faulty logic system.
Murata being nobody particularly special is why all the demon slayer profiles get their possible Acid Manipulation Resistance from scaling to him and the other cocoons were obviously out there for a much longer time. Considering that Murata's clothes were already dissolved by the time he got out it's unlikely that it would have taken long for the acid to start with dissolving his body and Shinobu was still not worried upon seeing him like that.

Her not caring about Murata dying wouldn't be in-character for her since her caring about the demons killing innocent people is part of why she is a demon slayer and what makes her angry at them. She is also regularly providing medical care for her fellow demon slayers, so she does obviously care about them and makes efforts to keep them alive and capable of fighting. Her having figured out more details than what we are told about the acid through the cocoons or knowing what she could expect from a demon like the Spider Demon Sister is a lot more likely and plausible than her not caring.

Considering that Murata's clothes were already dissolved by the time he got out it's unlikely that it would have taken long for the acid to start with dissolving his body and Shinobu was still not worried upon seeing him like that
She wasn't worried because there was literally no harm upon him. She assessed the situation and deemed that he seemed "okay" and that his clothes had just melted.
Her not caring about Murata dying wouldn't be in-character for her since her caring about the demons killing innocent people is part of why she is a demon slayer and what makes her angry at them. She is also regularly providing medical care for her fellow demon slayers, so she does obviously care about them and makes efforts to keep them alive and capable of fighting
Fair enough
Her having figured out more details than what we are told about the acid through the cocoons or knowing what she could expect from a demon like the Spider Demon Sister is a lot more likely and plausible than her not caring.
What are you trying to say here?

Shinobu actively asks afterwards if he was alright, and after assessing his situation deems that he's okay. So it makes 0 sense for her to know that he had resistance to acid and was thus fine. Perhaps she acted that way to scare the demon, to make it easier to kill. Seeing as she goes to save Muruta right after infesting the demon with poison.

No matter how i look at this, there always seems to be a logical contradiction in the line of reasoning.

She wasn't worried because there was literally no harm upon him. She assessed the situation and deemed that he seemed "okay" and that his clothes had just melted.

What are you trying to say here?

Shinobu actively asks afterwards if he was alright, and after assessing his situation deems that he's okay. So it makes 0 sense for her to know that he had resistance to acid and was thus fine. Perhaps she acted that way to scare the demon, to make it easier to kill. Seeing as she goes to save Muruta right after infesting the demon with poison.
I do realize that she could see that he was alright but the fact that she wasn't worried makes me believe that she knew what she was doing when she was taking her time with the Spider Demon Sister especially since she does care about the safety of her fellow demon slayers.

I'm just saying that the other possible reasons you gave for Shinobu not being worried make much more sense than her not caring.

We both know that Shinobu is far above Spider Demon Sister and that she could have blitzed and killed her from the very beginning without even looking at the profiles of those characters. Shinobu was just messing with her before killing her. Instead of simply going for the kill before she got detected she approached her from behind and spoke to her, so she was definitely not making things easier for herself. Her freeing Murata after she was done and asking if he is alright is just basic courtesy in a situation like that.

Her freeing Murata after she was done and asking if he is alright is just basic courtesy in a situation like that.
She flat out analyses his condition and flat out says that he "seems okay" with the term "seems" being tentative language, showing that she can see that he is okay from an outside perspective, but can't be 100% sure.

As for why she didn't just instantly kill the demon, its probably just a simple case of plot induced stupidity.

She flat out analyses his condition and flat out says that he "seems okay" with the term "seems" being tentative language, showing that she can see that he is okay from an outside perspective, but can't be 100% sure.

As for why she didn't just instantly kill the demon, its probably just a simple case of plot induced stupidity.
She still isn't worried or even trying to give him a quick checkup that she would certainly be capable of, so whatever damage she believes he might have gotten and that can't be seen from an outside perspective can't be anything serious or major.

I personally prefer explanations that make sense from an in-universe perspective instead of defaulting to assuming a mistake with the writing.

She still isn't worried or even trying to give him a quick medical check that she would certainly be capable of, so whatever damage she believes he might have gotten and that can't be seen from an outside perspective can't be anything serious or major.
She isn't giving him any medical attention outside of that, because he seems perfectly fine, but she can't be 100% sure. And she doesn't give him a medical check because there were more pressing matters to attend to then making sure someone who on the outside seemed fine medical help.

The notion that she KNEW Muruta wouldn't be harmed and thus dilly dallyed, because knew he resisted the acid, yet asked if he was okay and yet was unsure on his condition. Especially since there is no evidence pointing to any form of acid resistance outside of this. The evidence is extremely flimsy.
I personally prefer explanations that make sense from an in-universe perspective instead of defaulting to assuming a mistake with the writing.
So pis makes less sense then a character being able to resist acid when there is no evidence at all in the entire manga for that notion outside of the fact Shinobu WASN'T worried about the fact he was encased in the cocoon.

Perhaps her analysis of the other victims lead her to believe that the dissolution fluid wasn't too extreme (Muruta literally has his eyes open whilst in it)

Perhaps due to the fact she heard the demon's monologue she was able to deduce that the fluid would take time to work, thus messed with the demon's mind to make them easier to kill (or because she hates demons)

Her convo didn't even take that long, and the acid itself isn't shown to be severe in any capacity, far from it infact. Hell it took the entire ordeal just for Muruta's clothes to disintegrate, so it is a weak acid. The rating leads to logical inaccuracies every single time you've tried to explain it.

This is becoming rather circular, is it not?

She isn't giving him any medical attention outside of that, because he seems perfectly fine, but she can't be 100% sure. And she doesn't give him a medical check because there were more pressing matters to attend to then making sure someone who on the outside seemed fine medical help.

The notion that she KNEW Muruta wouldn't be harmed and thus dilly dallyed, because knew he resisted the acid, yet asked if he was okay and yet was unsure on his condition. Especially since there is no evidence pointing to any form of acid resistance outside of this. The evidence is extremely flimsy.
So pis makes less sense then a character being able to resist acid when there is no evidence at all in the entire manga for that notion outside of the fact Shinobu WASN'T worried about the fact he was encased in the cocoon.

Perhaps her analysis of the other victims lead her to believe that the dissolution fluid wasn't too extreme (Muruta literally has his eyes open whilst in it)

Perhaps due to the fact she heard the demon's monologue she was able to deduce that the fluid would take time to work, thus messed with the demon's mind to make them easier to kill (or because she hates demons)

Her convo didn't even take that long, and the acid itself isn't shown to be severe in any capacity, far from it infact. Hell it took the entire ordeal just for Muruta's clothes to disintegrate, so it is a weak acid. The rating leads to logical inaccuracies every single time you've tried to explain it.
Tomioka went with her to the location and after she dealt with the Spider Demon Sister was taking care of the demon slayers and victims that were there in a medical manner. You can also tell that she isn't exactly hurrying up due to not being worried.

The fact that it isn't brought up or discussed after this incident is why it is a possibly and not a certainty we simply list on the profiles.

Well, they were dissolved and according to Spider Demon Sister the acid reduces its victims to mush though her being able to possibly derive the properties of the acid is a valid possibility.

Her making deductions is valid but I've explained earlier that Shinobu didn't need to make things easier for herself and that the way she approached Spider Demon Sister was absolutely not making things easier. She absolutely did do that because she hates demons.

The fact that she bothered to make a conversation to begin with shows that she didn't think of getting Murata out as anything urgent. Technically we haven't seen the moment the clothes dissolved, so judging the acid's potency purely based on that isn't exactly reliable especially since we do know that it is perfectly capable of dissolving people which isn't particularly weak.

chnically we haven't seen the moment the clothes dissolved, so judging the acid's potency purely based on that isn't exactly reliable especially since we do know that it is perfectly capable of dissolving people which isn't particularly weak.
Throughout the entire ordeal, which must have lasted you know lets say a decent amount, Muruta being engulfed with acid, only had his clothes melted, with his eyes being perfectly fine. Furthermore, the acid is already stated to take a long amount of time to work.
The fact that she bothered to make a conversation to begin with shows that she didn't think of getting Murata out as anything urgent. Technically we haven't seen the moment the clothes dissolved, so judging the acid's potency purely based on that isn't exactly reliable especially since we do know that it is perfectly capable of dissolving people which isn't particularly weak.
From what's been shown of the acid, nothing implies a level of high acidity as far as i know, we do know It turns people to mush over an unquantifiable timeframe, not exactly high levels of acidity shown though. So whilst you believe its because Muruta resists the acid, despite the fact the notion of resisting acid is never brought up at all ever in the story, and i believe Kocho knew she had time before Muruta died due to the reasons i've outlayed above and thus ****** with the demon because she hated demons.

Regardless, this whole debacle turned to ad nauseum really quickly. I'm just going to let people decide out of their own volition whether the feat can stay or not.

Throughout the entire ordeal, which must have lasted you know lets say a decent amount, Muruta being engulfed with acid, only had his clothes melted, with his eyes being perfectly fine. Furthermore, the acid is already stated to take a long amount of time to work.

From what's been shown of the acid, nothing implies a level of high acidity as far as i know, we do know It turns people to mush over an unquantifiable timeframe, not exactly high levels of acidity shown though. So whilst you believe its because Muruta resists the acid, despite the fact the notion of resisting acid is never brought up at all ever in the story, and i believe Kocho knew she had time before Muruta died due to the reasons i've outlayed above and thus ****** with the demon because she hated demons.

Regardless, this whole debacle turned to ad nauseum really quickly. I'm just going to let people decide out of their own volition whether the feat can stay or not.
Technically we don't have a statement for the timeframe and Murata being perfectly fine and Shinobu not being worried despite the limited amount of information she presumably had is why that possible Resistance is on the profiles.

That's why it is a possibly.

I've simply explained the reasons for the existence of the Resistance on the profiles and clarified everything that I believed needed to be clarified. If this is not enough for it to remain on the profiles, then that is how it is.

Spoken like a respectful, professional guy. Thank you for being so courteous.
You're welcome. I'd like everyone to consider though that the Resistance that this thread is about is merely a possible Resistance and therefore not considered by the profiles in their current state to be a certainty. It's there because the example with Murata can be interpreted that way if you think about it. If the Resistance gets removed, then it should be because the example is too strenuous as evidence for this to be considered a valid hypothetical possibility to consider for indexing purposes.

while it does make sense it is based heavily on assumptions and stuff

acid resist came to be because of assumptions
and it can vanish simply because of assumptions

i remain neutral for now, tho i would like to know if maybe acid resist is because of the clothes rather than his body? cuz if it were like that it would make more sense not only to murata but to all demon slayers as well

so like the clothes protect and when they melt thats when they start to die

just change acid resist to the clothes and it should be fine

i remain neutral for now, tho i would like to know if maybe acid resist is because of the clothes rather than his body? cuz if it were like that it would make more sense not only to murata but to all demon slayers as well

so like the clothes protect and when they melt thats when they start to die

just change acid resist to the clothes and it should be fine
That sounds more assumptive to me since Urokodaki already gave us an explanation of what the uniform protects against and didn't mention acid and we also see Murata being completely fine after his clothes had already dissolved at which point he wouldn't have the protection of his uniform.

That sounds more assumptive to me since Urokodaki already gave us an explanation of what the uniform protects against and didn't mention acid and we also see Murata being completely fine after his clothes had already dissolved at which point he wouldn't have the protection of his uniform.
maybe the clothes had just dissolved? since it's unclear how long he stayed there

eehhh

thinking about it now my clothes argument is kinda bad since there were no clothes to protect his face and his face was intact

so to me that's proof that demon slayers have some sort of chemical resistance (also it is a blood demon art and since slayers are resistant to muzan blood...) because of their training

against normal acid it probably doesnt work, but against demon acid yeah.

instead change it to resistance to biological manipulation instead of acid, since it's more like that

that's my argument, for now at least

also it is a blood demon art and since slayers are resistant to muzan blood...) because of their training
only slayers with total concentration breathing are able to resist it, and im like 99% sure a scrub like Muruta wouldn't have that

only slayers with total concentration breathing are able to resist it, and im like 99% sure a scrub like Muruta wouldn't have that
Actually, Murata is confirmed to be a user of Water Breathing but the water that you would see from someone using it is in Murata's case too faint to be seen. I'm also pretty sure that all demon slayers are taught Total Concentration Breathing unless it turns out they are completely incapable of using it like Genya. I'd also like you to consider that as someone who has been in the same Final Selection as Giyu and Sabito he has been active as a demon slayer for years and he also managed to reach the rank Kanoe which should put him above the likes of the fodder demon from the temple.

Didn't Tanjiro learn water breathing before learning the more advanced form of total concentration, or am i tripping? Same with Inosuke, and Zenitsu.

Didn't Tanjiro learn water breathing before learning the more advanced form of total concentration, or am i tripping? Same with Inosuke, and Zenitsu.
I think you are confusing Total Concentration: Constant with Total Concentration Breathing. Tanjiro already learnt Total Concentration Breathing as part of learning Water Breathing which should also be the case for Murata. Total Concentration: Constant is just using Total Concentration Breathing all the time.

I think you are confusing Total Concentration: Constant with Total Concentration Breathing. Tanjiro already learnt Total Concentration Breathing as part of learning Water Breathing which should also be the case for Murata. Total Concentration: Constant is just using Total Concentration Breathing all the time.
The demon slayer wiki says this:

"At a more advanced level, Total Concentration is also capable of clotting wounds from severe injuries and slowing down the circulation of poison in the bloodstream."

Which is why i got messed up? So even fodder lvl total conc can resists blood demon arts?

The demon slayer wiki says this:

"At a more advanced level, Total Concentration is also capable of clotting wounds from severe injuries and slowing down the circulation of poison in the bloodstream."

Which is why i got messed up? So even fodder lvl total conc can resists blood demon arts?
Well, we already give every Total Concentration Breathing user Biological Manipulation Resistance based on Kokushibo's statement and he referred to breath users in general.

Well, we already give every Total Concentration Breathing user Biological Manipulation Resistance based on Kokushibo's statement and he referred to breath users in general.
Could i see the scan in question

A) The scan doesn't outright state breathing users are resistant to his blood, the fact Koko asks a breath user if they are indeed resistant shows that the fact he can use breath isn't a deciding factor on whether or not they resist it

B) The statement seems to refer to Demon's bloods ability to turn others into a demon, so would this even correlate to BDA's.

A) The scan doesn't outright state breathing users are resistant to his blood, the fact Koko asks a breath user if they are indeed resistant shows that the fact he can use breath isn't a deciding factor on whether or not they resist it

B) The statement seems to refer to Demon's bloods ability to turn others into a demon, so would this even correlate to BDA's.
A) He states in the first panel that he needs to give a lot of Muzan's blood in order to turn a breath user into a demon which does carry the implication of breath users being resistant and therefore needing more of Muzan's blood for a successful conversion. What Kokushibo is asking Kaigaku after he mentions needing to give a lot of Muzan's blood is presumably about people that somehow naturally resist Muzan's blood.

B) It was XVII's suggestion that Murata could have withstood the acid due to it being a Blood Demon Art, so you'll have to ask them.

A) He states in the first panel that he needs to give a lot of Muzan's blood in order to turn a breath user into a demon which does carry the implication of breath users being resistant and therefore needing more of Muzan's blood for a successful conversion. What Kokushibo is asking Kaigaku after he mentions needing to give a lot of Muzan's blood is presumably about people that somehow naturally resist Muzan's blood.

B) It was XVII's suggestion that Murata could have withstood the acid due to it being a Blood Demon Art, so you'll have to ask them.
A) I presume that was due to it taking alot of blood to make a "strong demon", but im fine with being wrong still a lil iffy on that
B) Would you say you agree with the suggestion?

A) I presume that was due to it taking alot of blood to make a "strong demon", but im fine with being wrong still a lil iffy on that
B) Would you say you agree with the suggestion?
A) Kokushibo says that it takes time to become a powerful demon and the grammatical structure of the sentence would indicate that the part of needing to give a lot of Muzan's blood refers to turning a breath user into a demon. This could of course be different if the Japanese version differs in that regard.
B) I'm not really convinced. We'd have to ask how far we'd take this Blood Demon Art resistance if we were to accept that sort of reasoning.

) Kokushibo says that it takes time to become a powerful demon and the grammatical structure of the sentence would indicate that the part of needing to give a lot of Muzan's blood refers to turning a breath user into a demon. This could of course be different if the Japanese version differs in that regard.
That's fair i'll agree with you on that regard
) I'm not really convinced. We'd have to ask how far we'd take this Blood Demon Art resistance if we were to accept that sort of reasoning.
Yeah i didn't really see the correlation tbh. So resisting via that avenue is pretty mute to think of.
also it is a blood demon art and since slayers are resistant to muzan blood...
well? Do you want to defend your stance or?

well? Do you want to defend your stance or?
i mean, demon slayers are resistant to demon blood since all bda are... well, blood

objects like the infinity castle or hantengu's wood are blood, hence the name blood demon art

so biological stuff is most likely blood too. so yeah thats why i believe the acid just to be some kinda corrosive blood or something instead of legit acid

cuz if it were acid it wouldn't make sense, murata isn't burnt or anything
and since breathing can be used to resist venom and stuff, the best example being:

muzan infecting tanjiro with his blood and making his face deform, saying that his blood won't make him into a demon and instead kill him.
but all the hashira who were infected did not get like that and aside from hurting and weakening them, didn't mind his attacks either

of course we could say that they were immediately injected with a antidote but i'm just saying like, muzan immediately deformed tanjiro's face but the hashira were still ok

so that's why i believe demon slayers should get some form of biological resistance, of course murata won't scale to the hashiras or tanjiro but welp, it's better than nothing

if i still don't convince you, at least put a possibly because, well, it's there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back