• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Lord speed question.

So apparently, the Demon Lords have infinite speed because they are native to a realm without time. But my question is... how does being native to a world outside time give them infinite speed?

I mean if they themselves were unaffected by time, I could see it. But it just says the world they live in has no time.

Speed - Characters who showcase the ability to move freely and naturally in a timeless void may qualify for an infinite speed rating so long as it is not a huge Outlier or Plot-Induced Stupidity or Inconsistency. Such feats will have to be very carefully evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

Time doesn't flow in the Dark Area. It's completely absent. So it's like if in your speed formula time was equal to 0 (which leads to infinite speed if you use infinitesimal calculus)

Can't be an outlier if you are performing an infinite speed feat 24/7

So, how does being able to move freely in a timeless void make your speed infinite?

I'm not trying to argue or debate here, I genuinely want to know, because I'm curious. My knowledge of physics is limited and I'm deferring to your expertise.

So could you please explain how this works?

If time isn't flowing, it means that the time between you moving and you reaching your destination is 0.

Now let's say that you moved 10 metres (the distance is irrelevant as long as it's > 0).

Of course, you can't divide by 0. What you can do however is approximate using increasingly lower numbers.

So 10:0.1 then 10:0.0001 then 10:0.00000001 and so on.

If you calculate them, you find out that the result is always increasing while you approach 0. So, if you do reach 0, the result is infinite, because any other number would give a astronomically high result, but you could approach 0 more.

Dunno if I explained properly

No, that makes sense.

But I do have a follow up though to something that doesn't make sense. At least right now.

"If you can move freely in a timeless void you have infinite speed"

Okay. So here's what I'm not getting.

You say that the reason you have infinite speed in a timeless void is because time is not affecting you. I get that.

But if you moved OUT of a timeless void into a realm that DOES have time, wouldn't time then start affecting you? Infact, wouldn't it be EASIER to move in a timeless void since time is no longer limiting your speed?

The comparison that's running through my head is gravity. And how a person in zero gravity is far stronger than a person in an area WITH gravity.

Back