• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demoman vs Junkrat

Both are 9-A
Speed is equal
Robot War Demoman with his normal grenade launcher, stickybomb launcher, sword, shield

Demoman:Junkrat: DaReaperMan,Weeklybattles,koopa3144,peppersalt43

Last edited:
Fun match, unfortunately Junkrat is barely gonna be harmed by demo due to his tendency to just no-sell his own explosions, which includes the one that gets him into the tier in the first place and he actually has a lot more mobility then Tavish with his own mines which also have the very helpful effect of not killing him as he does it. sticky bomb traps are scary... when you can be really harmed by them. Unfortunately not only does SBA put Demo not in an area he can safely sticky trap, but his other options for taking Fawkes down are limited as Junkrat, while at an AP disadvantage, can apsolutely put the hurt on Demo for getting near him with traps and lots of explosives.

So while an interesting match to be sure, Junkrat just has the durability to outlast and bomb the bomber.

If we ignore junkrat being able to be harmed by other junkrats (since him fighting himself isn't canon), he seems to be basically immune to explosions. He has an anti-melee trap. There's nothing demo can realistically do here.

If we ignore junkrat being able to be harmed by other junkrats (since him fighting himself isn't canon), he seems to be basically immune to explosions. He has an anti-melee trap. There's nothing demo can realistically do here.
His second key is 0,066 tons so uh... There's that I guess

I feel like demo could take this if he can get junkrat in to CQC due to having better at CQ stuff.

yea I'm leaning towards incon, Demo will likely charge Junkrat, cut his head off then die in the after explosion.

Would Junkrat even have the time to set up a beartrap before Demo gets to him?
All he needs to do is drop it on the ground.

He could also just yeet a concussion mine at Demo and send his ass flying. Or just drop it at his feet and go flying himself if he so desires

I feel like Demo would be able to power though the bear trap due to having a higher LS then what the bear trap can handle

I feel like Demo would be able to power though the bear trap due to having a higher LS then what the bear trap can handle
Tell that to Roadhog who can also get caught in the bear traps. Hog has(as the profiles are now mind you) equal LS to Demo. I plan to downgrade Demoman's LS because the only dudes who scale to Heavy are TFC Heavy and Saxton Hale

Tell that to Roadhog who can also get caught in the bear traps. Hog has(as the profiles are now mind you) equal LS to Demo. I plan to downgrade Demoman's LS because the only dudes who scale to Heavy are TFC Heavy and Saxton Hale
And upgrade Hog's LS due to being able to lift and pull Rein like nothing

Ok so Melee is not Demos best bet here. So this is probably going to come down to a ranged explosive fight which I think Demo might take due to his better knowledge of explosives and the resistance to explosives his shields

Ok so Melee is not Demos best bet here. So this is probably going to come down to a ranged explosive fight which I think Demo might take due to his better knowledge of explosives and the resistance to explosives his shields
My dude we've already discussed why that wont work

Fun match, unfortunately Junkrat is barely gonna be harmed by demo due to his tendency to just no-sell his own explosions, which includes the one that gets him into the tier in the first place and he actually has a lot more mobility then Tavish with his own mines which also have the very helpful effect of not killing him as he does it. sticky bomb traps are scary... when you can be really harmed by them. Unfortunately not only does SBA put Demo not in an area he can safely sticky trap, but his other options for taking Fawkes down are limited as Junkrat, while at an AP disadvantage, can apsolutely put the hurt on Demo for getting near him with traps and lots of explosives.

So while an interesting match to be sure, Junkrat just has the durability to outlast and bomb the bomber.
AHEM.

I forgor 💀
So demos main wincon is cutting up Junkrat then not being blown to bits by his death bombs which is going to be hard FRA. So I’m going to vote Junkrat. Demo still beats him in a rap battle tho.

I forgor 💀
So demos main wincon is cutting up Junkrat then not being blown to bits by his death bombs which is going to be hard FRA. So I’m going to vote Junkrat. Demo still beats him in a rap battle tho.
Nah man Junkrat is so irradiated from living in Australia it would be like Silly Billy vs the Demon Core

Back