• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deleting composite link

I would rather delete the other profiles and have the composite be "the Spirit of the Hero" or whatever, wasn't that what it was agreed? Plus isn't Pokémon, including the legendaries who aren't a species and are individual beings, still composited?

I would rather delete the other profiles and have the composite be "the Spirit of the Hero" or whatever, wasn't that what it was agreed? Plus isn't Pokémon, including the legendaries who aren't a species and are individual beings, still composited?

ChocomilkAlex said:
Because each Link has vastly different power to one another. Having a page for each Link just looks a bit cluttered. I get that making the other incarnations separate keys would make him have a big profile, but characters like Kirby has massive profiles.
Having vastly different power isn't a reason to make on giant profile it's a reason to seperate him out into different ones so people can easily pick the proper link rather then scrolling through a massive profile and trying to pick out one link. Still fair enough.

Theuser789 said:
Pokemon profiles that aren't species are getting hammered on as well, mew is being seperated into his different appearences last I heard, the species are composited the legendaries aren't really composites they're the same creatures across different games afaik.

We did have another thread to seperate all the Links and make each one before we deleted the file but it is blatantly clear they haven't made even an inch of Progress since the threads inception. Of course I don't expect them to put their own life and personal matters over something fictional on a wiki, but we sure as hell aren't going to wait around for them to do so.

On the topic of Popularity, ignoring that Composite Godzilla is far more popular then a good portion of the wiki but still got deleted ecause of our rules over composites that immeditely flies out the window. (I think we are being too lenient on composite Pokemon but **** if I am ever going to touch that mess) Rules are rules and that's what the majority greed upon

Regarding reincarnation, we already had the previous composite thread go into detail regarding Link being the same link and ultimetely it only matters if his reincarnations retained the same abilities and equipment, they don't.

I still don't get it.

If the composite page is there just as the other pages, why SHOULDN'T the composite page be able to stay?

Also, where ARE the rules? I can't actually find the rules regarding the composite characters.

Are they banned? If yes, why? Is it because they are popular like the Composite Human (Which was another issue altogether).

Honestly, when Shaggy Composite was stripped of more and more abilities because "It's not the cartoon shaggy" even though it was totally declared on the damned name in the COMPOSITE, you guys just took notice that I was banned to change Shaggy into two different versions, with the other one being before I was banned

I meant composited in terms of the fact their profiles are a mix between the anime, games, and manga, which I am pretty sure most Pokemon legendaries are currentely are, plus I thought it was agreed that composite Link would stay are the "Spirit of the Hero"

The other pages are not there,

"Are they banned? If yes, why? Is it because they are popular like the Composite Human (Which was another issue altogether)"

Because they don't even exit to begin with

We don't need to merge all more than 10 profiles into one. Each and every Link that's a different generation should each have their own profile; we don't need a Composite Avatar from Avatar the Last Airbender. Just keep them separate so it's easier to index where scaling comes from among other things.

I still don't get why we don't just make 3 profiles for the 3 different canon timelines there are. Because having like 20 Link profiles is very cluttered. I agree the composite needs to go tho.

Ionliosite said:
I still don't get why we don't just make 3 profiles for the 3 different canon timelines there are. Because having like 20 Link profiles is very cluttered. I agree the composite needs to go tho.
I mean, some pages like Shaggy I mentioned was made into 'Cartoon' taking into the 'timeline' which is not even a canon thing, just told by a bureaucrat in the Scooby Doo Wikia and taken seriously here for some reason

Nuke it.

It's a composite.

All the Links being reincarnation of each others do not make them the "same character" and even if it did, it would just result way too many keys in one profile because the Links do not share the same experience, the same skills, the same equipment, etc. There is a ******* reason why all of the separated Link profiles have such nonsensically varying tier.

CursedGentleman said:
I mean, some pages like Shaggy I mentioned was made into 'Cartoon' taking into the 'timeline' which is not even a canon thing, just told by a bureaucrat in the Scooby Doo Wikia and taken seriously here for some reason
Sounds like a seperate issue that should be brought up in a seperate crt, this isn't about scooby doo, its about composite link.

The real cal howard said:
Nobody gives two ***** about the individual Links. Not even me.
Then we'll nuke all the others and rework link to fit our system (Which he still wouldn't technically be composited as you couldn't use all his stuff at once)

No one cares about individual godzillas, alot of people cared about composite human, I don't see this as much of an argument.

CursedGentleman said:
I'm talking about pages nuked because they were composite, and citing an example, which is scooby doo
Your issue is that you don't feel scoobydoo has enough of a cannon to be considered a composite, or at the very least what we consider cannon is to stringent, make a crt for that issue then. This isn't about whether or not link is a composite, he blatantly is thus we need to conform him to our standards.

I think deletion of the profiles is correct since Link's composite profile would against wiki rules. I do shared Saikou's opinions here.

Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics and do not represent a reasonable canonical version of the character at any given point in time.

• Profiles for entire species may be acceptable, if it can be shown that the species in question would potentially be capable of having any and all of it's potential characteristics at once. However, these profiles should not include exceedingly extraordinary or underwhelming feats and abilities from notable individuals of a species, and the viability of these profiles are determined on a case-by-case basis.
  • In the event that a character has no linear canon, but rather treats all of the related works as being canon without much context as to the order of events, a profile detailing all of their feats at once may also be acceptable.
  • While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite.
If people want the save file to work with, here is a sandbox I created with the source code: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Elizhaa/Link_(Composite)

Also, the composite link being changed to spirit of hero makes no sense, there are lots of other verse with this reincarnation of the hero and we don't do pages to them (Naruto has it, Saint Seiya, etc).

Also, all the other profiles have multiple keys based on different forms or periods. Such as Early game, Mid Game, End game. It's more preferable for each of those to remain consistent and "Semi-Composites" are actually even weirder than full composites based on some views.

I figured as much considering how many edits you had but it's better to point it out then just to leave it their. Aplogies if I came across as rude though!

The pen or the sword said:
I figured as much considering how many edits you had but it's better to point it out then just to leave it their. Aplogies if I came across as rude though!
Nah is ok, my cellphone doesnt always help me XD

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
>Cal using popularity as an argument for legitimacy

No. There are tons of popular verses rejected for some reason like AVGN, and tons of stupidly obscure things that are at tier 1.
Yes. Please tell me how AVGN is popular from a versus debating standpoint.

So, if composites aren't allowed, what do we do with the non species composites of Pokemon? Most profiles use feats from anime, manga, and the games, unless they aren't actual composites or whatever

Why is it that Popularity is such a big factor when it comes to defending Isekai's and things like Hong Kong 97 from deletion and you could use it as an argument. But Popularity "isn't a factor", when it comes to composites

We've had discussions about that and we're working to sort them out (Mew was recently being discussed to be seperated out by his movie/anime appearences into different profiles depending on if they were all the same mew)

Back