• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Delete

every single thing you just posted is so comedically different from what you're comparing it to it's like comparing a ******* prion to the moon. Even 4335 isn't anything specifically related to Minecraft, just something contained within it, unless you want to argue that any article that mentions Youtube is now part of Youtube.

I'd say it's a poor comparison. Roblox isn't a unified thing. It's a lot more like a platform. A better thing to compare it to would be the Unity game engine or Autodesk Inventor. It's creation related software, but that doesn't mean everything made with that software is connected.

SCP meanwhile is supposed to be a single, unified setting. There's all their weird multiple canons shit going on, but as a whole, everything is around under the one banner, at least in some way.

And literally nothing you said stated anything about the quality standards or the quality of the pages. If anything, it reinforces my point, as it shows that people can make an otherwise benign concept interesting.

I don't think even big corporations would consider SCPs vaguely based on their mascots with essentially nothing else that isn't just historical information brought over to be copyright infringement. Also, you say this when some guy got thousands of dollars from kids to make sonic-based Roblox games and eventually got shut down by SEGA.

This better not be a half-assed attempt at getting Roblox on the wiki......

Like, SCP at least has guidelines to what can and can't be added. It's a setting all on its own, loose as it may be, while Roblox is a platform for adding whatever. They aren't comparable at all.

I think the thing from Roblox should have feats and be a verse of its own and have good quality anyways

As already stated, Roblox is a Game Creation Platform, whilst SCP is a unified verse which simply allows for approved additions by fans.
They are fundamentally different in this sense.

ye ik i said the thing should have feats and lore to be added as a verse, maybe i didn't add the fact that a verse made in roblox and roblox are different

ye ik i said the thing should have feats and lore to be added as a verse, maybe i didn't add the fact that a verse made in roblox and roblox are different
The specific verses within Roblox are different because only the developer and people they appoint admins can make changes to their game.

They are not.

While you can technically write those things, you can assure yourself that the page deletion timer would get going in three minutes at most. Frankly, SCP's standards of quality are probably higher than most mainstream comic or movie companies, much less ******* Roblox.
Oh yeah, wayyy back when ROBLOX was more carefree about devs using copyrighted shit. One of the games was this Pokemon clone called Pokemon: Brick Bronze and it made absolute ****** bank before it had to be closed due to copyright concerns. Devs reopened it as Monsters of Etheria or some other dumb shit I don't care about because I never played Brick Bronze.

Speaking of which, there's this group that makes parodies of these kinds of games that intentionally use copyrighted characters but put ungodly levels of effort into them. Some madman recreated Sonic Forces with ******* Despicable Me characters. And it has its own original tracks, I kid you not. There are people dedicated to making shitposts of this level.

This better not be a half-assed attempt at getting Roblox on the wiki......

Like, SCP at least has guidelines to what can and can't be added. It's a setting all on its own, loose as it may be, while Roblox is a platform for adding whatever. They aren't comparable at all.
Roblox is already on wiki in the context of the individual games. Pretty much all of the games, provided that they don't use copyrighted material as a base, are their own canons. Like you said, though, Roblox is a platform and you can do what you want at that point. I don't make pages here anymore and have been inactive as of late, so I'm just looking over what peeps are discussing on these threads.

Apparently there is some lore in Roblox Official actually

The Reddit post takes descriptions from the whole Korblox/Redcliff/Splintered Skies/Astral Isles/Darkage/Overseer themed catalog items and adds a few things on the side to make a theory. Roblox's catalog might've had some kind of lore(?) at some point as per the 2011 blogs but as of now, anything goes.

I could bring up the 2-dimensional argument if I wanted to, but there's way too many things to cover IMO and what you're effectively doing is trying to make up a story in the context of items with fancy names and descriptions. Plus, none of this affects any of the games that don't acknowledge any of this information and go off on their own tangent. I would argue this is kinda the same shit I was trying to do with the Catalog Gear Place player profile deciding to just drop the idea of making a VSBW page for it since the idea is similar to this. (Trust me: depending on what descriptions you can argue they're either centuries or have some weird time travel bullshit). Though, unlike this, the game itself does have some tangency of lore on its own that gives a base to work off of.

Similar to the catalog stuff, I do not think this has any impact on the games either. They'd be their own characters, I guess?

I'm not gonna buy the book though, I don't want to explain to my peers why I'm buying ******* Roblox Character Encyclopedia (free builderman collectable). The one thing they do have correct, though, is that none of the Monster Islands characters are anywhere close to a 4-dimensional entity in strength.

SCP is, as Wokistan said, is a unified canon. Everything takes place in the foundation or in the same universe as the foundation (if I'm getting this correct). The SCP comparison would be more correct in the context of "These devs are making games and are having them take place in a world where one main concept (e.g, a character that can interact with the settings from these games; a la, the foundation)".

Even if there was some kind of event on-site where developers are encouraged to make Roblox games to have some kind of lore that unifies them to one another, nobody needs to comply at all and they can just continue as they wish. Hell, even if they were forced to (for whatever asinine reason), there'd be the chance that devs like Vetex would just jump off into making the same exact canon on a different platform.

Ultimately, the games either tell a story and/or let you interact with its setting in whatever medium people want to use e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶b̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶u̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶P̶i̶g̶g̶y̶. Unturned and Deadzone are arguably the same thing conceptually, both are zombie survival games, but one is on a different platform and is infinitely better (Unturned lol).

One of the games was this Pokemon clone called Pokemon: Brick Bronze and it made absolute ****** bank before it had to be closed due to copyright concerns. Devs reopened it as Monsters of Etheria or some other dumb shit I don't care about because I never played Brick Bronze.
It is Loomian Legacy now, Monsters of Etheria was Pokemon Fighter's new copyright-free version.

Back