• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Delete Modern Strange already

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
This is a simple revision I won't bother elaborating on, just stating some facts I think should be addressed. I've seen commonality in this opinion so someone else can argue.

The distinction of "Modern" Doctor Strange is based off an arc where he was depowered, and by the end of it, he basically went to his initial power level. Source: Any recent comic from Doctor Strange series.

Modern Doctor Strange only exists because we for the longest time presumed Base Strange was Low 1-C. He isn't. He's 4-B, or lower, with most spells in any era, with a few standout high tier spells

Having Modern Strange just causes inconsistencies in his side of the verse, because no one else has a "Modern Key" in his rogues gallery, we can't even define a boundary for it, and honestly, Modern Doctor Strange page is ******* garbage. I can't even ******* make pages for his supporting cast.

Yeet pls.

Last edited:
I agree. Just move the God of Magic key there and the rest is pretty much the same.

He needs to get a varies key tbh. Varies from (somewhere in T5 to low 1C)

I agree. Just move the God of Magic key there and the rest is pretty much the same.

He needs to get a varies key tbh. Varies from (somewhere in T5 to low 1C)
Tbh he's 10-C to Low 1-C with spells if you wanna be accurate

Strange is the quintessential variable tier due to the variety of stuff he uses.

At the end of the day, the pages causes more problems than any solutions, except for giving us the best example on why Era Split profiles SHOULDN'T be a thing.

I haven't read Strange so I have no real opinion, but seems okay ig

Oh. That is very unfortunate for you. I hope that you will get well soon.

Here is a page with instructions how to recover as well as possible:

Seems fine. We only really treat Classic higher than Modern with equipment anyways, and if there's no actual reason for him to be depowered, moving over the God of Magic key and the like should be fine. Although, would this affect someone like Dormammu? Or would he still separated by classic and modern?

I agree. Also, if it he was to be varies, he would have to be "10-B to 2-A, possibly Low 1-C" since the Marvel Low 1-Cs are 2-A possibly low 1-C

Seems fine. We only really treat Classic higher than Modern with equipment anyways, and if there's no actual reason for him to be depowered, moving over the God of Magic key and the like should be fine. Although, would this affect someone like Dormammu? Or would he still separated by classic and modern?
Dormammu has gone through a much more significant power level change.

Didn't know that was the reason behind the separate pages, this seems good.

For the sake of simplicity, just name the Dormammu page to Dormammu (Marvel Comics), and name the "Base" key to "Original". Make minor adjustments to the profile to reflect this.

Even if there was a Modern key, I really ******* doubt it has enough shit to be listed as a separate profile.

So do you have any real proof
The Avengers can currently fight him while he possessed The Hood, Cyclops and the Howling Commandos can severely hurt him, Illyana Rasputin can temporarily kill him, current Doctor Strange and his friends can defeat other members of the Faltine that were stated to somehow be stronger than Dormammu without too much trouble, and he cannot cause any damage whatsoever to Galactus who was portrayed as having to absorb the entire universe in order to destroy it and destroyed himself in the process in this storyline, and even Gladiator here did far better against Galactus, despite that Dormammu used to be able to fight Eternity on roughly even footing, one-shot the Phoenix Force, and was stronger than Slorioth who destroyed the multiverse just by existing.

I think Tracer did a CRT meaning to illustrate that Dormammu had various “rebirths” that had quite the different power level than others.
It was abandoned though
Yeah, it’s shown quite a bit that every time Dormammu comes back after he “””dies”””, he can be stronger or weaker than his previous self.

And post-Defenders Vol. 3, he’s struggled with herald tiers on quite a few occasions.

He's struggled with Cyclops and Frankenstein's Monster...

For the sake of simplicity, just name the Dormammu page to Dormammu (Marvel Comics), and name the "Base" key to "Original". Make minor adjustments to the profile to reflect this.

Even if there was a Modern key, I really ******* doubt it has enough shit to be listed as a separate profile.
Anyways input on this proposal, let's get this revision completed.

I would much prefer to keep the Dormammu scaling separate, preferably with two pages, or possibly two eras in the same page.

If we’re merging the Doctor Strange profiles, then his Zom key needs to go or be changed drastically.

Unfortunately I don’t have time to grab the scans rn, but Strange in base is stated to be capable of killing Green Scar Hulk and while he was amped by Zom, he casually bullied Hulk and was only overwhelmed while distracted. He definitely isn’t weaker than Hulk.

Hulk was not using his full scale of power against Zom-empowered Strange, as revealed in "Heart of the Monster".

That is true, but Strange was still overwhelming him and the tables were only turned on him when he got distracted (and iirc, he implied that he was holding back as well), so scaling Hulk to/above him is extremely iffy.

Hulk severely held back and still managed to punch Strange unconscious, distracted or not.

Regular Strange could easily have beaten the Hulk of course, but when Strange tried to defeat the Hulk via physical strength via Zom, the Hulk was able to beat him unconscious, despite holding back. Strange was briefly distracted, yes, but nevertheless.

Strange was also holding back so he didn’t kill Hulk, and he wasn’t in control of Zom’s power, so there shouldn’t be any scaling going on between them (or if anything, Strange should be stronger). And Zom definitely shouldn’t have a 4-B key because of that.

Well, Zom should preferably not be scaled from a single appearance that went against his previous portrayal as more powerful than classic Dormammu, yes, although Zom did possess Iron Man's Hulkbuster armor and fight Hercules and the Champions afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back