• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Geten can throw pretty sharp ice, as seen during the War Arc. Taking hits means impalement, and Izuku's movements are limited in 20% that he is bothered by them.
No, Deku's movement are limited compared to the ones he could do with 8%, but he still is extremely agile, being able to dodge Fused Overhaul's spikes, jump to the ceiling, jump high enough to reach Overhaul who was trying to escape.

Also in the movie, he only produce one kick at 20%, and his 100% movements were very straight forward. Excluding flashy visual effects, he wasn't moving anywhere as good as his 8% self. Just a lot faster and flashier for obvious reasons.
Excuse me but what? Do we even saw the same fight? Deku was performing cartwheels and practically dancing around Nine's lasers, and right before the Final Smash, Deku was moving in every direction around Nine, completely overwhelming him.
Izuku lacks any true ranged attacks that could break through Geten's ice, all while he can fly up and attacks from around 100 meters in the air.
Geten is always in the open exposed, his ice attacks can only cover so much, not to mention his ice platform can't move nearly as fast as Deku.

I'm going to be completely honest... I did not realize speed wasn't equalized.

Geten scales to Dabi, who scales to War Arc Shoto, who scales to 30% Izuku, who is faster than 20% Izuku.

I think I disagree with this scaling chain, since War Arc Shoto has no reason to scale to 30% Izuku.

Last edited:
WHM has nothing to do with Joint Training Arc Izuku. Don't act like I haven't seen the movie. I'm currently seeing how he moves, and those movements are simple. Nothing like he did while at 8%, excluding flashy effects. His fight with NIghteye had far better movement.

Izuku is not strong enough to just burst through Geten's ice, they're AP is around equal. And Izuku cannot throw out shockwaves in 20% like he'll do during the War Arc with 45%. His air force attack are for only finger flicks. A standard 20% kick will produce a shockwave, which will get weaker ever meter away something is from the center.

From 10 meters away, the energy of his attack would be around Small Building level. Easily blocked by Geten's ice, it'd do zero damage whatsoever. While Geten will stay up over dozens of meters, if not 100 meters in the air as he rains down ice on Izuku. Large amounts that'll cover an entire city block.

With his superior Lifting Strength as well, with Ice too heavy for Izuku to move if he gets crushed by it.
I thought you brought up WHM, so that’s my mistake. But I disagree that his movements against Nine were not impressive considering every movement was breaking bones.

He doesn’t have to bust every single ice structure to get through them, he can easily just pull a Bakugo and tunnel through the ice with repeated attacks at a single point. Or do his spin attack and drill through the ice.

Why would it become 9-A? In WHM we see that the air pressure from 15/20% can go several meters without dropping in potency. I know WHM is in the future, but the mechanics of OFA are static, so there’s no reason why it would have harsh drop off here but none later at the exact same percentage. So yea, he can weaponize air pressure from any attack.

The thing Deku is mainly contending with is the AoE of Geten’s attacks and that he can summon it all over the place quite quickly. But Deku already has experience with stuff like this from Todoroki. He would analyze his quirk, realize any flaws he has in his defense, predict where he’s going to attack and just outmaneuver him.

He can dodge around his ice despite his “restrained” movements because even at 20% he’s ridiculously athletic. He can break any restraints to avoid being pinned down, or just do what he did against Gentle and dig into the ground to escape.

Deku can reach over a 100 meters in the air with a single jump, that’s not hard for him to do, especially if they’re in a city where he has stuff to bounce off of. He could just as easily use Geten’s own ice attacks to jump off of and get higher.

Deku has many ways of getting around Geten’s advantages even if his movements are restricted by 20%, and he definitely has the intelligence and stamina to take a win.

Yeah, there is a big problem there. He failed to hit Aizawa even with a surprise attack, and couldn't dodge his capture weapon. He's slower without a doubt.

Either Dabi got faster or he was holding back against Geten/Aizawa, if we stick to the current scaling.

Edit: I'm not reading your wall of text King, not going to change my mind so it's pointless to have a discussion with you as that'll be a waste of our time. Assuming Speed is equalized, without it I believe 20% Izuku should be faster and take the win rather easily.

I'm going to be completely honest... I did not realize speed wasn't equalized.

Geten scales to Dabi, who scales to War Arc Shoto, who scales to 30% Izuku, who is faster than 20% Izuku.

I think I disagree with this scaling chain, since War Arc Shoto has no reason to scale to 30% Izuku.
We are also scaling Dabi above Aizawa which doesn't really makes sense.

As for the range discussion, Deku was capable of shooting Gentle from dozens, if not a hundred meters away with his Air Force.
Why not just give Dabi a key for the war and assume he got stronger over the course of like 4 months.

He was fighting against Machia just like Shigaraki and the others, so he must have gotten stronger

Yeah, there is a big problem there. He failed to hit Aizawa even with a surprise attack, and couldn't dodge his capture weapon. He's slower without a doubt.
Always wondered why we scale Aizawa to only 5% Deku when he’s likely far superior to that

I’m going with Geten via far superior skill. Even if Deku binds Geten, Geten can still manipulate his ice.

I do remember Dabi saying he got "a bit stronger", but he wasn't fighting Machia as much as the other members of the League.

Izuku can't use Blackwhip in combat in this key. During the Joint Training Arc it went berserk and he sealed it away. And he didn't use it whatsoever during the fight with Nine, even though it probably would've help. He can't control it.

If Izuku got close enough to Geten to grab him physically, he'll just one shot him. If Izuku has a good speed advantage I'll give this fight to him. If speed is equalized, I think Geten should take it more times than not do to his annoying range spam.

Aizawa scales to around 8% Izuku I believe. Geten... honestly hard to tell what he'd scale to in this sense. Since Dabi was holding back Flashfire, and the only speed feat he really had with his flames was burning Shoji and Base Izuku. Though they were caught off guard by his attack, and Izuku was injured.

Without Speed Equal, I think Izuku takes it no question. Since I don't see Geten scaling to any speed that'd put him on par with 20% Izuku or even 8%.

I do remember Dabi saying he got "a bit stronger", but he wasn't fighting Machia as much as the other members of the League.
He went from getting lol blitzed by Aizawa at point blank range to keeping up with War Arc Todoroki who is at least as fast as 10% Deku. “A bit” is probably him keeping his power growth under wraps because he’s secretive as heck.

On the profiles Geten's speed actually scales above 20% Izuku. Though the scaling is questionable... honestly not sure if this match is in a good state right now.

30% Izuku easily stomps with no question, not a fair fight at all.

Ironically once the third movie comes out, 10 to 15% Izuku has a good chance of beating Geten. And 20% Izuku would do so easily

Make speed equal but instead of just 20% it should be 8% to 20%, so he can use both percentages.

8% to dodge and 20% for burst of power and speed.

Last edited:
That'd better actually, since we can just ignore their speed scaling, and 20% would still be faster. (Not a blitz or something, but a good deal faster is fine against someone who's going to spam long ranged attacks)

Izuku should quickly go 20% after seeing Geten's power... It isn't against the rules, but this feels weird

Make speed equal but instead of just 20% it should be 8% to 20%, so he can use both percentages.

8% to dodge and 20% for burst of power and speed.
He can dodge fine at 20%, it’s not like Geten has overhaul level analytical skills. Also that would make him body Geten.

I mean, I don’t think there’s an issue with 8-20%, since Geten is starting at 8-A with unknown dura.

So he can one shot Deku and Deku can one shot him, but Deku can amp and get 2x faster while also closing the AP gap. So it’s kinda inevitable that he wins that.

If that happens, I suggest another thread.

I feel like changing a thread that has gone on this long would be... well bad. Or scrap the fight all together since 20% Izuku is going to stomp in less than a month

If that happens, I suggest another thread.

I feel like changing a thread that has gone on this long would be... well bad. Or scrap the fight all together since 20% Izuku is going to stomp in less than a month
Scrapping the fight is better imo. It’s going to be irrelevant in like 2 weeks when the crts come back

Back