• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku VS Geten

• Fight Location: Jaku City
  • Starting Distance: 100m
  • Both in-character
  • Joint Training Arc 20% Deku
Deku: 5 (@CiscoTheSoto, @Popted2, @Therefir, @Kingofwolves999, @SuperStar)
Geten: 7 (@Nierre, @NameIsForKing, @TheRustyOne, @LordTracer, @sanicspood, @Acer__, @Mazdoesstuff)
Inconclusive:

1035360.jpg

150-1500004_geten-my-hero-academia-geten.jpg

Last edited:
Deku can create massive tornados with 20%, that only should take care of the Ice Spam. And Analytical Prediction should help him avoid the Ice as well, then one-shots with 20%. I vote for Deku

I’m also voting for Deku, since he has shockwaves that could probably destroy Geten’s ice structures, and he could probably take Geten down with a few punches or even one punch, since Geten’s never shown any close quarters combat skills.

Well Geten's ice was shown to remain intact when he throws it with his own 8-A attack, which has slightly higher AP than Izuku's feat. And shockwaves get weaker the farther away they travel, and Izuku isn't capable of unleashing 8-A shockwaves like a bullet yet. He can't use air force beyond 20% finger flicks, which are High 8-C+ and would one shot Geten.

But they wouldn't break his ice defense.

Izuku also admits that his movements are limited while using 20% because of the pain. He mentioned this during the Endeavor Arc which takes place after the Joint Training Arc, where his safe limit has already passed 8%. So he isn't going to be as nimble as he usually is.

Geten has the better range game here, but Izuku only needs one hit to win... Not really sure here yet.

Last edited:
Well Geten's ice was shown to remain intact when he throws it with his own 8-A attack, which has slightly higher AP than Izuku's feat. And shockwaves get weaker the farther away they travel, and Izuku isn't capable of unleashing 8-A shockwaves like a bullet yet. He can't use air force beyond 20% finger flicks, which are High 8-C+ and would one shot Geten.

But they wouldn't break his ice defense.

Izuku also admits that his movements are limited while using 20% because of the pain. He mentioned this during the Endeavor Arc which takes place after the Joint Training Arc, where his safe limit has already passed 8%. So he isn't going to be as nimble as he usually is.

Geten has the better range game here, but Izuku only needs one hit to win... Not really sure here yet.
Couldn't Geten just play the waiting game? He never ever goes close to his enemies iirc, and he'll just spam his ice, if he realizes that Deku's attacks destroy his ice with relative ease, then no way in hell will Geten go close to him. Not only that but Deku clearly is limited in movement in 20% so Geten will capitalize on that.

My vote goes to Geten mid diff.

Geten does have a decent range advantage, however his class M in LS only comes from nice manipulation so if Deku ever gets a blackwhip grab he wins.

Geten’s real hope here is that Deku doesn’t bounce his way through his ice (from what I’ve seen, his attacks are quite telegraphed) and get a shot off.

adding onto the reasons above I’m voting Deku

Geten does have a decent range advantage, however his class M in LS only comes from nice manipulation so if Deku ever gets a blackwhip grab he wins.

Geten’s real hope here is that Deku doesn’t bounce his way through his ice (from what I’ve seen, his attacks are quite telegraphed) and get a shot off.

adding onto the reasons above I’m voting Deku
Izuku cannot use Blackwhip for combat in this key, this is before the Endeavor Training Arc. This is his Joint Training Arc key, which means he has basically no control over Blackwhip.

Izuku's movements are also limited while in 20% due to the pain.

I guess I'll vote Geten for the reasons above for now. (Though 20% Izuku will be upgraded in the future, for now the fight should be fine)

Ye switch my vote to geten, (though I don’t know if this match matters given deku might be upgraded soon)

I forgot to consider Deku couldn't keep his 20% for very long, and with that in mind, I think Geten's superior skill with his Quirk would be enough to defeat Deku, so I'm also switching to Geten.

Izuku cannot use Blackwhip for combat in this key, this is before the Endeavor Training Arc. This is his Joint Training Arc key, which means he has basically no control over Blackwhip.

Izuku's movements are also limited while in 20% due to the pain.

I guess I'll vote Geten for the reasons above for now. (Though 20% Izuku will be upgraded in the future, for now the fight should be fine)
Except the calc for Class M 20% comes from Post Endeavor Agency? And features him having control over Blackwhip? And being fully capable of fighting at 20% for prolonged periods?

If the 20% on Deku’s current profile doesn’t include Endeavor Agency then we really need a crt for his keys considering he has feats in 20% that take away most of his weaknesses for this fight.

The key is called Joint Training Arc, and his main percentage usage is 8%.

While Blackwhip Izuku is 10 to 15%, he stated that was his percentage during the Endeavor Agency Arc, which happen after the Joint Training Arc. Since Izuku likely isn't using 20% during training (Still hurts him), and the time between Joint Training Arc and that scene is rather small. There should be no issue with saying what Izuku did there should scale to 20% Joint Training Arc Izuku.

A CRT to give Izuku another key will most likely happen after the third movie home release finally comes out in February. As the 10 to 15% period will finally be important enough to get one of it's own. Though it'll be more than just Izuku, since many changes will likely happen.

Hold up, Geten couldn't even beat Dabi a short period of time, who is just a slug compared to Deku.

Deku should easily be able to put Geten down with an Air Force Delaware Smash, since he is just a glass-cannon.

Geten never encased himself in ice either, he is always in the open floating on a ice platform, not sure why that argument would be brought up.

The pain argument about 20% is just completely absurd given the point of time. Deku in the movie was able to use Full Cowl 100% for several minutes and move extremely well and fast.

And he didn't show any reaction of pain while using 20% against Nine.

His stamina and pain endurance has increased to such an extent that trying to say he would have the same problems during his fight with Overhaul would be idiotic.

The pain argument about 20% is just completely absurd given the point of time. Deku in the movie was able to use Full Cowl 100% for several minutes and move extremely well and fast.

And he didn't show any reaction of pain while using 20% against Nine.

His stamina and pain endurance has increased to such an extent that trying to say he would have the same problems during his fight with Overhaul would be idiotic.
I have no access to the movies aside from small clips, how much does he use 20%? I see that both it and 8% were used

Izuku stated during the Endeavor Agency Arc, in which he could use 10 to 15% normally, that his movements were limited due to the pain with 20%.

Edit: Chapter 247

Izuku stated during the Endeavor Agency Arc, in which he could use 10 to 15% normally, that his movements were limited due to the pain with 20%.
Limitations so minimal that he can easily ignore them through the use of willpower.

Dabi doesn't have nearly the level of mobility, acrobatics, and speed of 20% Deku, and yet he was able to hold his ground for quite some time, and Dabi is a glass cannon himself, Deku at least can actually take hits.
I have no access to the movies aside from small clips, how much does he use 20%? I see that both it and 8% were used
He uses both 8% and 20%, the first time he used 20% for an extended period of time was against Overhaul, but that was a long time ago and Joint Training Arc Deku is even able to use higher percentages like 100% for several without much hindrance.

Dabi doesn't have nearly the level of mobility and speed of 20% Deku, and yet he was able to hold his ground for quite some time, and Dabi is a glass cannon himself, Deku at least can actually take hits.
Geten can throw pretty sharp ice, as seen during the War Arc. Taking hits means impalement, and Izuku's movements are limited in 20% that he is bothered by them. It is a legitimate weakness, his movements are simple while in 20%.

Also in the movie, he only produce one kick at 20%, and his 100% movements were very straight forward. Excluding flashy visual effects, he wasn't moving anywhere as good as his 8% self. Just a lot faster and flashier for obvious reasons.

Izuku lacks any true ranged attacks that could break through Geten's ice, all while he can fly up and attacks from around 100 meters in the air. Izuku will have to jump towards him, and his mobility in the air would be even less than it is on the ground. Geten could also pin him under a large amount of ice, which weight surpass Izuku's lifting strength.

Izuku's High 8-C finger flicks can one shot if landed directly, but they won't do anything to his ice. Geten's superior ranged attacks, sharp ice attacks, crushing ice weight, and flying should let him take this match.

Geten can throw pretty sharp ice, as seen during the War Arc. Taking hits means impalement, and Izuku's movements are limited in 20% that he is bothered by them. It is a legitimate weakness, his movements are simple while in 20%.

Also in the movie, he only produce one kick at 20%, and his 100% movements were very straight forward. Excluding flashy visual effects, he wasn't moving anywhere as good as his 8% self. Just a lot faster and flashier for obvious reasons.

Izuku lacks any true ranged attacks that could break through Geten's ice, all while he can fly up and attacks from around 100 meters in the air. Izuku will have to jump towards him, and his mobility in the air would be even less than it is on the ground. Geten could also pin him under a large amount of ice, which weight surpass Izuku's lifting strength.

Izuku's High 8-C finger flicks can one shot if landed directly, but they won't do anything to his ice. Geten's superior ranged attacks, sharp ice attacks, crushing ice weight, and flying should let him take this match.
In the Heroes Rising movie his movements are definitely not just simple. He was dodging Nine’s lasers with backflips and cartwheels while jumping between rubble and flying around with air pressure.

In WHM his movements are definitely simplified but he also stomped Flect in seconds and was shrugging off dozens of impalements by lasers and bleeding out. He had gaping holes in his chest, legs and arms and still fought at 20% like he was at 8%. This is also true in Heroes Rising where he and Bakugo are stabbed through by Nine’s lasers several times and just ignore them when they go plus ultra.

Heck, even just in Overhaul, Deku got impaled by some of Overhaul’s spikes and just ripped one out and was ready to keep going despite also having the pain of 20%. Then he got slashed in the face and just ignored it to rescue Eri, while maneuvering perfectly despite the previous impalements.

So despite the statements Deku has of “20% hurts to do/limits his movements,” he very clearly can ignore the pain and operate at max capacity when he wants to, while also taking damage on top of being in 20%.

If he can maneuver around or bust through Geten’s ice and hit him with any of his air pressure attacks (because ALL his attacks in 20% will generate harmful air pressure, not just flicks) then he wins easy

WHM has nothing to do with Joint Training Arc Izuku. Don't act like I haven't seen the movie. I'm currently seeing how he moves, and those movements are simple. Nothing like he did while at 8%, excluding flashy effects. His fight with NIghteye had far better movement.

Izuku is not strong enough to just burst through Geten's ice, they're AP is around equal. And Izuku cannot throw out shockwaves in 20% like he'll do during the War Arc with 45%. His air force attack are for only finger flicks. A standard 20% kick will produce a shockwave, which will get weaker ever meter away something is from the center.

From 10 meters away, the energy of his attack would be around Small Building level. Easily blocked by Geten's ice, it'd do zero damage whatsoever. While Geten will stay up over dozens of meters, if not 100 meters in the air as he rains down ice on Izuku. Large amounts that'll cover an entire city block.

With his superior Lifting Strength as well, with Ice too heavy for Izuku to move if he gets crushed by it.

Back