• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Speed is equal and both are 7-B (Villain Hunt Arc Deku vs X791 Erza)

Both of them are fighting at Kamino ground zero

Erza:

Deku: 7

Icon:
t4z14pij3t651.jpg

5c0e79c78a0ef9aa51402a9f9cdb05b368555b77.png

Fem deku art made by Ciaxlia

Last edited:
Deku is 68.97 Megatons With 45%

That's a 2.23 time power gap between them though she can amp her strength with armors

Yeah. Stain specifically
oh yeah duh, however Erza is far more skilled than Stain is so Deku will have some trouble trying to get in close for any real cqc, were as Erza fights plenty of skilled cqc users on the daily and has cqc even better then them back in x791. Danger sense certainly is helpful however it doesn't guarantee a miss + Erza has fought people such as Cobra and Natsu who both can know Erza's movements before she makes them either through mind reading or Analytical Prediction and defeated them both before. Even if that isn't enough she also has Instinctive Reaction that will allow her to defend even better against Deku's attacks.

Erza also has a versatility advantage given she can swap armors out on the fly and has far more options for close and ranged fighting. She has Danmaku which could be a real issue for Deku, binding Erza with Black whip also won't work due the fact that Erza can spawn swords and control them with thought alone. Flight armor counters Fa Jin. Morning Star armor and Instinctive reaction counter Smokescreen, and she has several armors that allow her to fly and has beaten flying opponents before such as Evergreen which would counter Float.

So voting Erza for these reasons

I’d have to disagree. Deku’s Danger Sense, combined with his Analytical Prediction, makes it ridiculously hard for Erza to get hits on him. He’ll know when any of her attacks are coming at him, regardless of angle, before they actually hit, and has multiple options to avoid them.

Also, the main point of his intelligence, is that he can predict Erza’s moves through sheer calculation. He doesn’t underestimate opponents, he will find out what she’s going to do for each armor and counter her accordingly. He gets smarter the more he fights, so the longer he fights Erza the more he’ll know about how to counter her skill and armors. Her suddenly switching won’t mean much when his Danger Sense alerts him of her attacks before she does them.

In terms of skill, while I won’t say Deku is a god tier at cqc, his intelligence will absolutely have him keep up with Erza’s talent. When you have someone with ridiculous analysis feats like Deku, quite literally, calculating the trajectory of attacks faster than he is to cross reference positions kilometers away from moving targets, from the most skilled long range fighter in his country, I find it difficult to believe he is going to be stumped by simply fighting an incredibly skilled weapon user.

Better LS means she’s pretty screwed outside of maneuvering her swords, as you say. But it doesn’t stop the fact that he can make her body not move and rag doll her for the rest of the fight when he grabs her. He can still dodge her swords while beating her up when she’s grabbed, and that favors him far more than it does her. All he has to do is repeat the Shigaraki situation while dodging the swords. The fact that Blackwhip can come out of any part of his body is also difficult to deal with, since she can’t even attack from his sides without getting grabbed.

Deku has dealt with Danmaku several times, from both his Provisional License exam and vs Nine. He is agile enough to dodge her danmaku, and can just punch away any attacks sent his way with his shockwaves, which have incredibly high AoE. So even Danmaku doesn’t save her since he can counter it.

I would definitely not say Fa Jin is simply countered because Flight Armor makes her faster. He can avoid people faster than him via Danger Sense and his prediction without Fa Jin, so him being able to randomly stat amp and punch her when she’s in an armor with less mobility is not doing her any favors. Also, what’s stopping him from grabbing her out of the Flight Armor when he senses her? Now she has to swap armors while he still has full access to his powers, including a strength amp.

Smokescreen is always useless

Just beating people that can fly doesn’t mean she can beat Deku because he can fly. He has several abilities that directly counter her own and has more solid win conditions IMO, float is just an added measure of mobility for dodging. All of her armors have singular functions and would be simple for him to figure out. She has no counter to the higher LS other than attacking telekinetically it seems, which he can also counter and dodge. He’s specifically trained to predict and avoid characters faster than him, and has displayed that ability several times even before he got literal precognition. Many of her options are limited to simply outskilling him or hoping he makes a mistake, which is a tall order considering he’s done nothing but master his abilities.

The way I see it, Deku can just figure out her armors while avoiding or blocking her attacks, then KO her after a long fight. The more he sees her fight, the easier it becomes to predict her movements and next attacks, and that’s without Danger Sense. With Danger Sense, he can absolutely get hits in on her while avoiding her own attacks first time. I don’t see how Erza can pressure him enough to beat him, especially given the stat advantage. Versatility only matters when the versatility you have isn’t countered by what your opponent has.

I’d have to disagree. Deku’s Danger Sense, combined with his Analytical Prediction, makes it ridiculously hard for Erza to get hits on him. He’ll know when any of her attacks are coming at him, regardless of angle, before they actually hit, and has multiple options to avoid them.
And like I said before Erza has fought and beaten opponents who can do similar things to this via skill alone.
Also, the main point of his intelligence, is that he can predict Erza’s moves through sheer calculation. He doesn’t underestimate opponents, he will find out what she’s going to do for each armor and counter her accordingly. He gets smarter the more he fights, so the longer he fights Erza the more he’ll know about how to counter her skill and armors. Her suddenly switching won’t mean much when his Danger Sense alerts him of her attacks before she does them.
Erza is no slouch in deductive reasoning either, given she could deduce multiple weaknesses in her enemies with just a few sword swings which she can exploit to her advantage. The danger sense stuff I mentioned before.
In terms of skill, while I won’t say Deku is a god tier at cqc, his intelligence will absolutely have him keep up with Erza’s talent. When you have someone with ridiculous analysis feats like Deku, quite literally, calculating the trajectory of attacks faster than he is to cross reference positions kilometers away from moving targets, from the most skilled long range fighter in his country, I find it difficult to believe he is going to be stumped by simply fighting an incredibly skilled weapon user.
None of that is new to Erza, she's a masterful swordswoman capable of weaving between and carving through 100s of magic needles at once and even blocking her own danmaku reflected back at her with ease. Erza is capable of perfectly simultaneously launching 200 swords and hitting human sized targets kilometers away back in early x784, and Erza has only gotten more skilled since then
Better LS means she’s pretty screwed outside of maneuvering her swords, as you say. But it doesn’t stop the fact that he can make her body not move and rag doll her for the rest of the fight when he grabs her. He can still dodge her swords while beating her up when she’s grabbed, and that favors him far more than it does her. All he has to do is repeat the Shigaraki situation while dodging the swords. The fact that Blackwhip can come out of any part of his body is also difficult to deal with, since she can’t even attack from his sides without getting grabbed.
Class T would definitely make it so she can't move however I've already mentioned that Deku can't auto miss every sword attack due to Erza's skill with danger sense or his analytical prediction.
Deku has dealt with Danmaku several times, from both his Provisional License exam and vs Nine. He is agile enough to dodge her danmaku, and can just punch away any attacks sent his way with his shockwaves, which have incredibly high AoE. So even Danmaku doesn’t save her since he can counter it.
Deku's shockwave's aren't an issue given Erza's could just switch to her flame empress armor which has fire potent enough to contend with Early Natsu who could just negate air manip via his heat alone and has cut through air attacks on a number of occasions with ease.
I would definitely not say Fa Jin is simply countered because Flight Armor makes her faster. He can avoid people faster than him via Danger Sense and his prediction without Fa Jin, so him being able to randomly stat amp and punch her when she’s in an armor with less mobility is not doing her any favors. Also, what’s stopping him from grabbing her out of the Flight Armor when he senses her? Now she has to swap armors while he still has full access to his powers, including a strength amp.
Flight amour boost her mobility greatly which she can change into with a though, even her base skill level has able to contend with people who can blitz her flight armor such as Kagura, without using it.
Smokescreen is always useless
agreed
Just beating people that can fly doesn’t mean she can beat Deku because he can fly. He has several abilities that directly counter her own and has more solid win conditions IMO, float is just an added measure of mobility for dodging. All of her armors have singular functions and would be simple for him to figure out. She has no counter to the higher LS other than attacking telekinetically it seems, which he can also counter and dodge. He’s specifically trained to predict and avoid characters faster than him, and has displayed that ability several times even before he got literal precognition. Many of her options are limited to simply outskilling him or hoping he makes a mistake, which is a tall order considering he’s done nothing but master his abilities.

The way I see it, Deku can just figure out her armors while avoiding or blocking her attacks, then KO her after a long fight. The more he sees her fight, the easier it becomes to predict her movements and next attacks, and that’s without Danger Sense. With Danger Sense, he can absolutely get hits in on her while avoiding her own attacks first time. I don’t see how Erza can pressure him enough to beat him, especially given the stat advantage. Versatility only matters when the versatility you have isn’t countered by what your opponent has.
While I can understand this reasoning, I simply cannot agree. Erza is an exceptionally skilled fighter and I've already went over why Deku's precog while useful, isn't anything new to Erza, in fact she might even be able to negate his precog all together once she uses instinctive reaction as she wouldn't have ill feelings toward deku given she's acting out of pure instinct and not thinking what's so ever. Figuring out her armors would take far to long considering she isn't limited to those sets as she can interchange her weapons and armor from different sets meaning she has thousands of unique combinations that she could employ and she's mastered all of them. I find it hard to believe that Deku could deal with this much versatility when he was having trouble figuring out some quirks by themselves before. Esspecially considering she could change to fighting with swords in both her hands and toes at the same time or any combination of these.

Erza has fought people with Precog before such as Cobra and to a much lesser degree Natsu (who's Prediction is pretty shit.) but I digress, Deku FRA.

Petty sure Erza got her shit rocked in by Cobra the first fight and later she can negate it via Holy Hammer or whatever it was. Point being she didn't counter Cobra via skill and Natsu's prediction is bare bones at best.

Erza has fought people with Precog before such as Cobra and to a much lesser degree Natsu (who's Prediction is pretty shit.) but I digress, Deku FRA.

Petty sure Erza got her shit rocked in by Cobra the first fight and later she can negate it via Holy Hammer or whatever it was. Point being she didn't counter Cobra via skill and Natsu's prediction is bare bones at best.
First fight is irrelevant here as that was 784 Erza not 791 Erza, and the second wasn't negated via the hammer, she just got much more skilled even when she was at an AP and Speed Disadvantage against Cobra.

And like I said before Erza has fought and beaten opponents who can do similar things to this via skill alone.

Erza is no slouch in deductive reasoning either, given she could deduce multiple weaknesses in her enemies with just a few sword swings which she can exploit to her advantage. The danger sense stuff I mentioned before.

None of that is new to Erza, she's a masterful swordswoman capable of weaving between and carving through 100s of magic needles at once and even blocking her own danmaku reflected back at her with ease. Erza is capable of perfectly simultaneously launching 200 swords and hitting human sized targets kilometers away back in early x784, and Erza has only gotten more skilled since then

Class T would definitely make it so she can't move however I've already mentioned that Deku can't auto miss every sword attack due to Erza's skill with danger sense or his analytical prediction.

Deku's shockwave's aren't an issue given Erza's could just switch to her flame empress armor which has fire potent enough to contend with Early Natsu who could just negate air manip via his heat alone and has cut through air attacks on a number of occasions with ease.

Flight amour boost her mobility greatly which she can change into with a though, even her base skill level has able to contend with people who can blitz her flight armor such as Kagura, without using it.

agreed

While I can understand this reasoning, I simply cannot agree. Erza is an exceptionally skilled fighter and I've already went over why Deku's precog while useful, isn't anything new to Erza, in fact she might even be able to negate his precog all together once she uses instinctive reaction as she wouldn't have ill feelings toward deku given she's acting out of pure instinct and not thinking what's so ever. Figuring out her armors would take far to long considering she isn't limited to those sets as she can interchange her weapons and armor from different sets meaning she has thousands of unique combinations that she could employ and she's mastered all of them. I find it hard to believe that Deku could deal with this much versatility when he was having trouble figuring out some quirks by themselves before. Esspecially considering she could change to fighting with swords in both her hands and toes at the same time or any combination of these.
Yes, but what exactly is the context of these victories? Just because they have the same abilities doesn’t immediately mean she can beat Deku. How he employs his abilities, combined with his other abilities, matters here. If he knows her attacks are coming, and can accurately predict their trajectory through calculation and pure intelligence as well as instinct via Danger Sense, what can she do that guarantees she can land hits? Especially when he’s getting better the longer she fights him?

I acknowledge her skill, but none of that is anything Deku couldn’t handle either. Danmaku gets easily handled and he adapts around her skill via intelligence and prediction, as well as his own adaptive fighting style. He has counters to her own options.

Why though? If she’s restrained and has to rely on only her swords to hit him, and he can deal with her swords, what is she meant to do?

Why does that matter when his shockwaves are meant to block the Danmaku? He doesn’t use them to attack typically, and even if he did, now he’s forced her into another armor and can take advantage of her not being in a different armor. He can literally plan around and predict her switching armors, it’s not like everytime she switches she’s retaining the properties of her last armor.

Deku is trained to dodge and counter faster opponents, why would he not be able to react to flight armor? All he has to do is grab her with Blackwhip after predicting her trajectory.

Ill intent isn’t fully necessary for Danger Sense, as just the will to harm him allows him to sense the danger.

I’m not arguing that she isn’t skilled, it’s that her skill is countered by what Deku has. You claim it takes too long, but why would it? Deku has all day to learn her abilities while avoiding her with Danger Sense, which you haven’t given me a solid reasons she would neg. ust because another character had an ability similar doesn’t mean she can just ignore Deku’s precognition since it isn’t based on her thoughts. Her intention matters sure, but his ability is purely reactionary, same with his intelligence.

When Erza goes to do something, Deku will respond. Unless the thing she’s going to do is capable of blitzing or instantly killing Deku, he will be more than capable of reacting, and even in the case of blitzes he can perform well. This isn’t even accounting for her total lack of response to getting grabbed by Blackwhip and rag dolled other than keeping on the attack from range, which he can counter.

Her skill is evening the playing field, not making it skewed in her direction. And in a neutral setting, Deku has more advantages since what her armors can do is not enough to counter what he can do. Blackwhip alone shuts down all her armor options other than the ones that rely on ranged, which Deku can dodge because those aren’t based upon the same skill you’re claiming beats Danger Sense.

what do you mean the full context? you asked if Cobra could read Erza's mind when she had the hammer and I showed a scan, if you need more than that, here:

Erza asks Cobra to read her mind, Cobra reads her mind, and says what Erza was thinking out loud
Like a link to the entire fight would be preferred, from what I recall Erza was still getting read and dodged by Cobra's mind reading. Also I fondly remember Cobra being very distracted by hearing the Cubellios's voice and Erza took advantage in that moment and yeeted him.

Like a link to the entire fight would be preferred, from what I recall Erza was still getting read and dodged by Cobra's mind reading. Also I fondly remember Cobra being very distracted by hearing the Cubellios's voice and Erza took advantage in that moment and yeeted him.
Erza Telegraphed her hit on cobra, as he turned around and saw her coming before clashing with her and losing, he even had is mindreading up at the time, the images have a timestamp and episode number on them, I don't know what else I can give you.

Erza Telegraphed her hit on cobra, as he turned around and saw her coming before clashing with her and losing, he even had is mindreading up at the time, the images have a timestamp and episode number on them, I don't know what else I can give you.
So he decided to clash with her rather than dodge? So he absolutely was capable of dodging her, but didn’t, so he lost? Then how does that apply to Deku who exclusively dodges and counterattacks?

So he decided to clash with her rather than dodge? So he absolutely was capable of dodging her, but didn’t, so he lost? Then how does that apply to Deku who exclusively dodges and counterattacks?
If he could have dodged he would have, but Erza closed the distance to much for that to be possible, so opted for a clash and lost depsite his mindreading, It's not that complex.

Anyways, won't be able to respond for a while due to sleep and work.

If he could have dodged he would have, but Erza closed the distance to much for that to be possible, so opted for a clash and lost depsite his mindreading, It's not that complex.

Anyways, won't be able to respond for a while due to sleep and work.
But how does this apply to Deku? He doesn’t read minds, he responds to the intent to harm him/danger to himself. So he will be predicting Erza’s movements with skill/intelligence while reacting with precognition. He isn’t reading her soul, he’s responding to her moves, just supernaturally well. How is that even close to what Cobra does? And he’s 2x Erza in stats, so that same strategy wouldn’t even work.

Also, Erza won’t even know he has this ability in the first place. Deku never says what his powers are. She will just think he’s very good at dodging, not that he literally has intent-based precognition, nor that he’s predicting her off sheer intellect.

I don’t see how she gets around that combination reliably enough to also beat him, when he also has direct counters to her armors.

Cobra was was distracted, Erza didn't have his full attention in that very moment and Erza capitalized on that moment. The entire fight she was still getting her movements read and countered by Cobra, she didn't land blows on him and only landed one due to him not being focused on the battle. Erza even states it.

Erza is good but don't say she can tango with those with mind reading capabilities and negate them via skill, she didn't counter Cobra's mind reading at all so at best this is misleading and at worst downright manipulative.

Deku FRA

However I want to mention that the holy hammer doesn’t negate cobra’s hearing

throughout their entire battle Cobra was able to read and know of every thought Erza had even after she pulled out the hammer

it’s just for a short time Erza was abel to fight and preform different techniques without thinking of exactly which technique she going to use next

she was able to fight and switch weapons all while the only thought on her mind was “defeat cobra” so she was only thinking of beating cobra she wasn’t thinking of what her next move was gonna be so cobra wasn’t abel to tell exactly what she was would use next he had to react based off what he saw her do

Also it looked like cobra was kinda cocky in the fight as instead of dodgeing he tried to attack back

Back