• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku vs Enderman (grace)

Deku gets wind of a creepy monster hanging around town and goes to investigate, does he run into more than he bargined for?

Speed is equalised. Fight takes place in Standard Battle Assumptions. We're using the 8-C, Deku can only use 5%

Hero - 7

Monster - 2

Inconclusive - 0

Midoriya's probably physically superior, but teleportation could become an issue. How are his shockwaves in this key?

They're close in AP, but Enderman's intelligence advantage + teleport spam should give it the win. LIkely a close match tho

GyroNutz said:
Enderman's intelligence advantage + teleport spam
First off explain

Second off Deku is an extremely experienced strategist Superhero fanboy who I'd eat my hat to if he's never seen a Teleporation Quirk in action

In fact, All for One and Warpgate guy (I don't remember his name) both had such Quirks, though they weren't applied in a spammy fashion. Who did apply the concept of being one place then popping up in another place however was Mirio Togata's trick, which Deku did counter... And then the fact that he was intangible came into play and Deku got punched in the face. The enderman does not have this.

"Extremely experienced"

"16"

mmm

Also saying "Deku beat people with teleportation before" is a valid argument when his opponent is most likely quite different from what Deku fought before.

Well I mean when you spend the majority of your life actually doing something that would improve your fighting skill 16 years should be enough. And has proven to be enough many times in the show.

Tell me

What's the difference between someone who spams the ability to be in one place and then move to another and someone who spams the ability to be in one place and- yeah you can see where that's going

The applications are different, but the same basic concept which he was able to counter via wit are the very same ordeal...

Except the Enderman doesn't really teleport spam in a fight, he mostly just attacks like any other mob and teleports whenever a projectile is thrown at them or they're in the rain and just trying to get somewhere they aren't dying in.

I sure don't remember that happening but hey MINECRAFT UPDATES

Regardless the fact that Deku still counters applies

Enderman doesn't seem to have any combat skills, and Deku just needs to predict where it's going to appear with its teleportation, like he did against Mirio.

Also, taking two hits from Deku is a very bad idea considering that his Iron Soles duplicates his AP, so for all those reasons Deku should win this easily.

Deku has shown to be able to predict and counter what would be considered warping, and he has considerable fighting ability as he has faced multiple villains that even some pro heroes can't defeat. Deku is also better at combat in general than what you see Endermen do. He has my vote.

Izuku should take this. AP isn't really relevant given that either can hurt the other just fine but Deku HAS received actual training via UA on top of being a more sentient being so he should objectively be smarter. (Emphasis on smart-ER, he's not a genius but he has more going for him to demonstrate intellect than an Enderman does)

Also, Deku should still technically be stronger as he's labelled a Class 5 (at 5%) so in any physical tussle he should win. It's a unique scenario sure but it just goes to show that in the many ways this fight could play out Deku should win the majority.

Deku

-Stronger (overall)

-Smarter

-FRA

If this was a bloodlusted match I'd say Enderman via Dimensional BFR. But it isn't. The Enderman's teleportation could be a problem for Izuku, but he probably could deal with it. His skill is too much for a lone Enderman. So my vote goes to Izuku

HOLD IT!

Is what I would have said. Then I read a little line in Enderman's profile. Durability: Building level (Can survive explosions from Creepers. More durable than Ghasts), likely higher (Can take hits from Iron Golems) Enderman's Durability might give him enough of an edge to win this. Since their AP is even, it's Deku's skill vs Enderman's teleportation and durability.

Well Deku has experience dealing with characters stronger and more durable than him so it's likely he could win here despite that.

Can survive some hits from iron golems. Not many. Besides, you could easily argue they have Small Building level dura because Steve can kill them with his bare hands, honestly that note really shouldn't be there.

Izuku also would be fine with Playing a stamina game if that's how it's going to be.

Izuku may be trained, but I wouldn't call the "stamina gain" Izuku's expertise when half of his strongest abilities maim him. Enderman has building level durability, but has teleportation and would spend no time fiddling around or toying with Deku. Deku also hasn't actually fought many teleportation quirks. In fact, Mirio, who's similarly seemingly 'warped' around and could avoid hits, absolutely decimated Deku. So, while he's smart, he's clearly not perfect at fighting more mobile and tricky strategies.

I think Enderman would win through teleport spam ******* with Deku's attempts to really attack it.

It has been stated that Enderman does only teleport against long ranged attacks i.e. shockwaves.

Yes, which would avoid any of Deku's powerful attacks. If Deku makes the mistake of going for any amount of a full-powered punch, Enderman's just going to avoid it and leave Deku with a broken finger and tired state.

Deimated Deku, for a majority of the fight, yes.

But as soon as he figured out what's up, he was about to strike him as he was emerging from the ground again... Then proceeded to get punched in the face anyway because Mirio has intangibility. Either way, if the Enderman pulls the same forkery without intangibility, Izuku wouldn't just fall for it and fall on his rear end.

The other half of Izuku's stuff he can do completely harms free though, over and over throughout a fight.

Also, the Enderman does teleport after being hit a few times in melee.

After being hit a few times. So Deku can hit it with no issues. He just needs to get close, melee it and wait until the teleport is done. Rinse and repeat.

Deku may, in time, attempt to just blow up everything around the Enderman when he's repeatedly teleporting around him and making it difficult for Deku to hit him. Considering Deku has used his snap as projectile power, such as against our favorite half hot-half cold in the tournament, it'll come down to this- will Deku be able to figure out the Enderman fast enough?

Sure, he eventually figures out strategies. But it takes a while. Mirio practically beat the snot out of everyone there before Deku figured out what was up in the slightest. It's a very close match, but Enderman has the teleport to avoid any projectile blasts from Deku and to juke him out in melee.

I mean, he usually figures stuff out pretty quickly when it isn't a matter of something he's never really seen close up and is stirring confusion amongst a huge group of people. Against people he has seen in action, he takes a ton of notes and knows how to handle them. In fact, the only reason Deku was fighting Todoroki the way he was was simply a matter of him trying to agressively talk no justu him so he'd stop having daddy issues. If he was trying to win, he'd probably focus more on just dodging his Ice as best he can and shattering whatever comes his way.

But Enderman needs to get close to actually hit Deku and Deku is with no doubts the better fighter here who has fought not only with character with pseudo-teleport but bigger and stronger than him in several ocassions.

Enderman is something new just with the actual teleport but that's all. Deku is better fighter, smarter, more versatile and the AP-Dura difference shouldn't be big enough to let Enderman no-sell Izuku's attacks.

Izuku does a shockwave attack, Enderman teleports. Then he figures that his opponent can teleport. He tries again and the Enderman does it teleport. The monster needs to get close, and now Deku knows that long-ranged attacks aren't useful in this situation and start brawling Enderman before it teleport to safety again. But still it needs to get close to beat Izuku and Izuku is small in comparison and has the ability to avoid attacks with more ease in Full Cowling.

Right. But it's proof that he has and can use his snaps as projectile power, and that such and his shockwaves will never quite hit.

Now, Deku has indeed figured things out and taken notes. But Mirio was one of the first teleportation quirks Deku faced, and it took him a while to figure out Mirio's strategy, even when given time due to Mirio splitting his time up attacking different classmates. Deku, constantly under attack by the ever-present Enderman, would likely be unable to figure something out. He's smart, but he often relies on preparing and taking notes ahead of time, and his only experience with anyone like the Enderman showed just how incredibly long it takes for him to figure it out.

Back