• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deciding between 2 calcs

Arc movement should definitely be used, posture is definitely not an issue here considering the utensil he used to smack it aside was right beside him, you'd need to put some momentum in your swing if you're to effectively smack aside a kunai like a tennis ball. Also 89 cm is inaccurate as the fisted hand would shave off some length from the overall upper limb length.

"Why I suggest using the old distance because that's exactly where his hand at right before he moved to deflect the kunai. Hence i think it's more accurate to use 89 cm"

No, his right hand is in his pocket, also if you look at the panels, he's facing the opposite side of the first panel when the smack is already complete, meaning he rotated back right as the kunai inched towards his face, there's no proper way to tell if he already got his hand ready to swat aside the kunai, but if his hand was already ready then his striking angle would be considerably higher (Since it'd be a perfect half-circle from left to right), which really doesn't seem to be the case here, since his right hand is in his pocket and he'd need some time to grab the utensil to smack it.

Last edited:
Arc movement should definitely be used, posture is definitely not an issue here considering the utensil he used to smack it aside was right beside him, you'd need to put some momentum in your swing if you're to effectively smack aside a kunai like a tennis ball. Also 89 cm is inaccurate as the fisted hand would shave off some length from the overall upper limb length.
I'm sorry in advance for giving minimum context, but he actually used his own toy weapon. As you can see in here (go to the end chapter)

Also, what about the distance of projectile? Should we use the pixel scaling method or angiszing method?

I'm sorry in advance for giving minimum context, but he actually used his own toy weapon. As you can see in here (go to the end chapter)
Ah. Saw it, Magic Girl wand.

It still wasn't on him when he was checking out the kitchen before he rotated behind him to find the kunai approaching his face, so chances are high he'd need some time to take out his Magic Girl Wand from wherever the hell he stored it, and then tennis racquet that kunai from his face.

Also, what about the distance of projectile? Should we use the pixel scaling method or angiszing method?
Ang-sizing is fine. You got the kunai tip to be closer, around 5 cm from Eli, no?

Actually, I think you can get better results by doing the following:

Measure the distance between Eli's eye and the screen.

Then measure the distance between the Kunai's tip and the screen.

Find the difference between these two values and that's your distance between Eli and Kunai.

sOTZ72I.png

Height = 1012px | 185 cm
Eye = 8,24621px | 1,50746 cm
Arm = 369,5 px | 67,5469 cm

So distance moved will be 67,5469 cm * 90deg = 106,10242 cm or 1,0610242 meter

ondGOho.png

930px | 26 cm
Tip = 9px | 0,2516 cm
eP7c7Nm.png

Angsize POV-Eye
1,50746 * 920 / (81 * 2tan35deg) =12,22621 cm
Angsize POV-Tip of Kunai
0,2516 * 920 / (20 * 2tan35deg) =8,26440688542 cm

Eye-Kunai
12,22621 cm - 8,26440688542 cm =3,96180311458 cm
or 0,0396180311458 meter

So, 1,0610242 meter * 34,3 m/s / 0,0396180311458 meter = 918,600168 m / s aka Mach 2,6781346 (Supersonic)+
How about this?

Last edited:
Back