• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death manipulation

Is using powers/abilities to reap/destroy the entirety of a persons/individuals soul killing them instantly in some way/shape or form considered death manipulation. From what the Wiki states that might be the case: The power to manipulate and induce death. In its most straightforward applications, this ability allows the user to instantly kill others by manipulating factors associated with death to make them die. The method varies, however; some users may halt vital biological processes or attack the soul directly. So, I'm wondering now based on what I've presented, If completely reaping/killing/destroying a persons soul killing em instantly is applicable for Death Manipulation?

No, having the soul absorbed by some magic goat doesnt give death manipulation, while dying is an effect, Death Hax is not the cause

Also keep in mind Death Manipulation is one of those abilities that overlaps with several others (Not as broad as Reality Warping tho), so it's context dependant and case by case basis (As cliche as it sounds).

E.g: The Death Notes main ability is Death Manipulation however as a side effect it also has Biological, Mind and Fate Manipulation.

I mean, if ''killing'' is like Yogurt ability, that applies death to the **** that he wants to, killing a soul would be death manip

Like, if I can just command someone to die, but the command only deletes there soul, that’s death manip and soul manip, or just death.

Nope, just Soul Manipulation. As for people whose going to ask what is Death Manipulation, its context sensitive, but I guess one way to describe it is that Death is the Cause and any messing with the Body, Soul, or what have you is merely an Effect brought about by said Death Manipulation to kill, when normally is different in that messing with the Soul just happens to lead to death because that's how life works.

Nope, just Soul Manipulation. As for people whose going to ask what is Death Manipulation, its context sensitive, but I guess one way to describe it is that Death is the Cause and any messing with the Body, Soul, or what have you is merely an Effect brought about by said Death Manipulation to kill, when normally is different in that messing with the Soul just happens to lead to death because that's how life works.
So death manipulation is, cause death, soul destroyed as an effect, person dead. But soul manipulation or normal killing is, cause destruction of soul, person dead.

Pretty much, though as always with fiction this is not an absolute rule and depending on feats and statements we could decide that they ade enough for Death Manipulation without following this rule completely.

Back