• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my first time doing a content revision, so there are things I might do wrong but bear with me.

All of these are additions to things missing in the verse in general.

Abilities:

For Vandalieu:

Absorption:
Air Manipulation: Via Kimberly.
Accelerated Development: Via Divine protections: This blessing can give any character, regardless of their talent, a huge growth potential, allowing them to easily break through growth walls, unlock skills faster, etc. Of course, the more talent the individual possesses the more effective the Blessing is. Vandalieu possesses 6.

Adhesive Manipulation: Via Demon king's Suckers.

Body Control:
Corruption: Type 2 and 3 Via Demon King Fragments, Soul Absorption, and Abyss: Souls That get Absorbed By Vandalieu Become Vandalieu, Demon King fragments have the ability to corrupt their host, and Vandalieu can infect people by entering their body with demon king fragments and replacing organs and such with his fragments.

Bone Manipulation: Via Demon king's Horns, Bones, Bone Marrow.

Limited Camouflage: Via Demon king's Ink sacs, other DKF in general, and Light Attribute ghosts.

Damage Boost:
Darkness Manipulation: Via Demon king's Shadow, and Light Attribute ghosts: After absorbing the fragment he gained the ability to control his own shadow; Light Attributes Mages have the ability to also control Darkness.

Dimensional Storage: Via Demon king's Shadow + Shadow Group Binding Technique.

Empathic Manipulation: Via Mental Encroachment.

Enhanced Senses: Can smell souls.

Fragrance Manipulation: Via Demon King's Scent glands.

Hair Manipulation: Via Demon king's Fur.

Illusion Creation: Via light attribute ghost.

Immortality:
Large Size: Type 2 Via soul size.

Life Manipulation: Via Eisen: She is a user of life magic.

Martial Arts: Unarmed Fighting Technique: Level 10 Evolved to Soul Destruction Fighting Technique which is Level 4 Right now, So he can be considered a master martial artist.

A fighter with an Unarmed Fighting Technique at level 5, would be considered a master back on earth.

The reincarnated individuals had received military training in Origin, and they had learned various combat techniques as well as how to use firearms. Kaidou Kanata had also possessed Throwing and Unarmed Fighting Technique skills.
|
However, according to Legion, none of the Braves who had died were masters in combat techniques.
|
They had reasonably high ability in military-style unarmed fighting and the use of knives, but most of them were simply at the level of “ordinary professionals.” If converted to Lambda’s skill levels, they would be mostly around level 5 or 6.

Multiple Selves: Has Multiple souls and minds.

Natural Weaponry: Via Demon King Fragments.

Pocket Reality Manipulation: Via Labyrinth Creation.

Possession: Via spirit form.

Preparation: Via Equipping every top tier fighter in Lambda, Weapon and transformation devices creation, potion, etc.

Psychometry: Via Death Magic, he is capable of seen memories of residual thoughts in remains.

Photographic Memory: Via Perfect Record Technique: This allows the user to remember in detail.

Regeneration Negation: Via Healing Negation.

Social Influencing: Via titles.

Sound Manipulation: Via scream, and Kimberly.

Spatial Manipulation: Via space ghost.

Surface Scaling: Naturally or Via Demon king's Suckers.

Time Manipulation: Via Eleanora with preparations.

Underwater Breathing: Type 1 Via Demon king's Gills.

Limited Vibration Manipulation: Via Cannonball Demon King Familiars imbued with light-attribute magic.

Weapon Creation: Via Demon king Fragments.

Resistances:

All elemental resistances are obtained with ‘
Embrace of the Spirits

For Darcia:

Accelerated Development:
Via Divine protections: This blessing can give any character, regardless of their talent, a huge growth potential, allowing them to easily break through growth walls, unlock skills faster, etc. Of course, the more talent the individual possesses the more effective the Blessing is. Darcia possesses 1 from Vandalieu and an unknown amount from all the life Attribute gods in Vida's Faction.

Social Influencing: Via Allure.

Martial Arts: Unarmed Fighting Technique: Level 10 Evolved to Infinitely Changing Fighting Technique which is Level 2 Right now, So she can be considered a master martial artist. (Reasoning explained above).

Multiple Selves: Has Multiple souls and minds, when using Goddess Descent.

Limited Spatial Manipulation: S Rankers have the ability to damage dungeons with the use of their max power output, for example, Heinz was able to slice a dungeon when clashing with Vandalieu, even though he is only a light and life magic swordsman.

Soul Manipulation: ("Attacks from weapons made from magical metals such as Orichalcum or great spells cast by elite mages could harm the soul, which was otherwise untouchable.")

For Gufadgarn:

Possibly Dimensional Travel: Comparable to Zuruwarn.

Soul Manipulation:
("Attacks from weapons made from magical metals such as Orichalcum or great spells cast by elite mages could harm the soul, which was otherwise untouchable.")

For Legion:

Accelerated Development:
Via Divine protections: This blessing can give any character, regardless of their talent, a huge growth potential, allowing them to easily break through growth walls, unlock skills faster, etc. Of course, the more talent the individual possesses the more effective the Blessing is. Legion possesses 3.

Biological Manipulation:
Multiple Selves: Has Multiple souls and minds.

Martial Arts: Unarmed Fighting Technique: Level 8, So they can be considered a master martial artist. (Reasoning explained above).

Size Manipulation: Via Size Alteration.

Shapeshifting: Via Form Shift.

For Knochen:

Absorption:
Via Absorption Healing (Bone).

Accelerated Development: Via Divine protections: This blessing can give any character, regardless of their talent, a huge growth potential, allowing them to easily break through growth walls, unlock skills faster, etc. Of course, the more talent the individual possesses the more effective the Blessing is. Knochen possesses 1 from Vandalieu.

Statistics Amplification: Via

Standard Equipment addition:

Gufadgarn has shown to be, most of the time in the series since her appearance, has been either following Vandalieu in person or in a hidden pocket space which is basically attached to Vandalieu, wouldn't she count as Standard Equipment?

Minor Range:

Some of Vandalieu's spells and techniques were able to reach the Evil God which was 500 meters deep in the ocean, this would include: God Spirit Magic, Death Cannon, Mysterious ray of light.

Hollow Cannon was also one of the spells used in the fight against the Evil God in the ocean, but unlike the others, the Hollow Cannon was stated to continue to the bottom of the ocean, using an average height distance to the bottom of the ocean would put this attack with a range of 3688.08 Meters.

Vandalieu's WPDHC was shown to be able to go throw 33 Dungeon floors, floors that have been mostly composed of outside environments with at least between 100 to 1km+ in height due to the nature of the battles scenarios, for once it had an Evil God that was flying in the sky, whose average size is that of 100 meters. The 33 Next floors that Vandalieu end up destroying were Filled with Evil Gods, Vida's Gods, and top S Rank Adventures, which would likely require larger spaces. This would puts the dungeon floor heigh between the minimum of 100 to up to possibly 1km+, this would put Vandalieu's range between the 3300 meters to 33Km+

Stamina info addition:

"After all, he had pierced the ceiling of a Dungeon, which was normally supposed to be indestructible. In return, Vandalieu had lost consciousness for about an hour due to having exhausted all of his Mana, but one could say that it was quite a low risk to take to destroy a Dungeon floor. It meant that he would be able to make more than twenty holes in the Dungeon every day." Source: Chapter 176.

"Each Hollow Cannon cost around 1 Billon points of Mana each" Source: Side Chapter 28.

20 shots would equal 20,000,000,000 points of Mana a day

20,000,000,000/24 = 833,333,333 a hour

833,333,333/60 = 13,888,888 a minute

13,888,888/60 = 231,481 a second

231,481/3,517,672,074= A recovery rate of 0.006580516% per second

Current Vandalieu would have a recovery rate of ~899,037 per second (13,662,107,926 X 0.006580516%)

this would mean that Vandalieu had the ability to recover his full mana tank in 4 hours and 12 minutes, this is 3.3 times faster than Volume 4 Vandalieu if he had the same amount of mana that he has in chapter 176, Current Vandalieu should recover several times faster than this due to one of his recovering skill awakening into a stronger skill, and the other almost maxing out its level.

Speeds:

Combat Speed: Massively Hypersonic (I'm gonna be honest with this one, I'm completely unsure whether these statements can actually be used, so I need confirmation.) Via tagging an enemy which flew at 'lightning-fast speeds', this enemy can also emit electricity from their body and other things bellow ↓.

Extra: the info above might be correct due to the following info someone else found: Randolf a veteran S Rank was stated to perform 3 quick thrusts as Fast as Lightning, Vandalieu, and Co shouldn't so much slower than him, if anything he wasn't using all of his strength in this fight against Rank 11 monsters, as he is someone that can fight Rank 13 (Which are monsters that can floor Rank 11 monsters) monsters and above.

Also, using an unorthodox method, such as taking the base Value given by the author to show the stats of a young adult which gave then 10 points for agility (taking into account the small 1-2 points increase due to the first level up till job change) and using the average running speed of the average human, 8 mph, while using Vandalieu's chapter 241 status's agility base value, would yield this:

38,953/10 = 3,895.3*8 = 31162.4 mph Base speed

This would mean that Randolf would be 5.9 times faster than Vandalieu only using base values given by the story (and also not taking into whether the author made them accurate or not), but this result is not that inaccurate if one takes into account Vandalieu's many stats amps skills, for example, transcend limits is a skill that can easily turn the tide of a battle to the user's way, a physical skill, along with several all stats enhance skills and martial arts skills that can increase physical performance, it wouldn't be weird for Vandalieu to match Randolf. This whole paragraph is of course on paper and not taking actual feats into account.

There are also other characters with "lighting-fast" attacks and characters that are essentially made out of lighting.

The Author himself seems to be aware of the speed.

With this, I believe that S Rank characters should be able to easily (If accepted) have baseline Massively Hypersonic.

Attack speed:
Speed of Light Via Mysterious ray of light: This is a technique created by Vandalieu in which he combines the [Demon King's Eyeballs] + [Demon King's Luminescent Organs], to shot rays of light/Beams of lights.

"Vandalieu had activated the Demon King’s eyeballs to take aim while activating the Demon King’s luminescent organs at the tips of his antennae to their maximum power, unleashing a series of beams of light."

• The skills have shown to get diffused by water:
    • “… I missed,” said Vandalieu, retracting the antennas that he had extended below the water’s surface. “It seems that the beams of light were diffused by the water. They did graze the giant Gillman, so I think they should have done some damage, though.”At this depth of about five hundred meters, Gyubarzo had let out a scream in unbearable anguish. The attacks hadn’t directly hit him due to the water distorting and diffusing the light, but the beams of light had torn off his scales and scorched his flesh. Chapter 183.
  • I think this might prove refraction?
    • A pale light shone from within that lifeless eye. The Demon King’s luminescent glands became focused in place of the eyeball’s lens.
    • “Seriously, how many fragments –”
    • “Fire.”
    • As Ervine’s face twisted in fear, his body was pierced by a bluish-white laser fired from the Demon King’s eye.
    • “G-GAAAAH?!”
    • His shoulder was pierced as if being gouged out, the arm holding the Demon King equipment falling to the ground.
    • The convergence is lacking, Vandalieu thought as he saw this.
  • Stated to be made of light
    • “It seems that even beams of light produced by the Demon King’s luminescent organs are still made of light in the end,” said Sam. “So, what will you do, Bocchan? Is it time for Hollow Cannon?”
    • "Black beams of light rained down upon Gyubarzo. But they were actually made of condensed death-attribute Mana rather than light, so they made direct contact with Gyubarzo’s body rather than being diffused by the water."
  • While Van nor anyone I remember from memory has stated whether the lights in this instance are light speed, we did get this reaction from Vandalieu.
    • Feeling the sensation of his blade penetrating bone and striking soft flesh, a satisfied smile appeared on his face… and in the next moment, his body was penetrated by numerous beams of light emerging from Vandalieu.
    • “Edgar!” Diana screamed. “I’ll heal you right away!”
    • “I need that healing quick! Sorry!” Edgar apologized, jumping away from Vandalieu.
    • He had managed to twist his body around at the last moment before the beams of light appeared; they had narrowly missed his vital organs.
    • But this had come at a great cost.
    • “Are you alright?” asked Heinz.
    • “No, I’m done for. My dominant hand is gone… and I don’t know why, but I have almost no Mana left,” said Edgar.
    • He fastened the short-bow on his back to his severed right wrist. With this, he could at least fire arrows, and he could still wield his dagger with his left hand, but he would lack fine control.
    • But even Diana’s healing magic would take too much time to restore a lost limb. Edgar’s hand would not return during this fight.
    • On top of that, the effects of Transcend Limits had worn off, leaving his entire body almost overwhelmed by fatigue. The effects of Radiant Life Blade had worn off, too.
    • “To be able to protect your vital points from rays of light released at almost point-blank distance… You monster,” Vandalieu murmured as brain matter dripped from his helmet.
    • He had sacrificed several of his eyeballs to unleash rays of light with the effects of Soul Devour, only to have them avoided. To have only taken Edgar’s dominant hand and his Mana… Vandalieu acknowledged the strength of the Five-colored Blades, who were indeed powerful adventurers.
      • Meaning that while not direct, it is implied that the attack moves at those speeds, also backup by no one in the series been shown to dodge the attack other than Aim dodged.

Last edited:
This is something that shouldn't die because it cover a lot of the things that the profile of Van need, and many points like Multiple Selves are pretty straigthforwards, take advantage of the current CRT that DT have so everything can be added in one go to the profile of Van.

Just now learned this existed. Let me go through everything.
Vandalieu:
  • Absorption is fine.
  • While lightning is considered part of the wind attribute, lightning spirits like kimberly are specialized on lightning. As far as I know we have not seen them ever use air manipulation.
  • Accelerated Developement for characters with divine protections is fine.
  • Adhesive Manipulation is... ok, I suppose. Not exactly glue, but sine he can apply it to stuff...
  • Body Control is fine.
  • I'm adding corruption in my thread, but for different reasons. Type 3 corruption doesn't exist. I would honestly not classify any of the examples here as corruptions, but rather as absorption or biological manipulation.
  • Camouflage is fine... didn't know that power exists, always thought that was just part of Stealth Mastery.
  • Damage Boost is fine.
  • Darkness Manip is fine.
  • Dimensional Storage is fine.
  • Empathic Manipulation is already covered by him having mind manip, so I disagree.
  • Enhanced Senses is fine.
  • Fragrance Manipulation is fine.
  • Hair Manip is fine
  • Illusion Manip is fine.
  • Immortality: Damn, I have been looking for the source of that statement forever. Yeah, Type 1 is fine. However, I don't think the Type 2 think actually shows immortality type 2.
  • Large soul size is ok.
  • Disagree with life manip. We don't know which spells Eisen can use and Life-Attribute Magic includes various things like healing, creating beasts and stat amping which are not strictly speaking life manip.
  • Martial Arts is fine.
  • Multiple Selves is fine.
  • Natural Weaponry is fine.
  • Pocket Reality manip is fine, I suppose.
  • Disagree with posession. This is just another way to archieve mind manip, as it's not actually Vandalieu slipping into someone else's body.
  • Preparation is fine.
  • Psychometry is fine.
  • Photographic Memory is another power I didn't know we have... that's fine.
  • Regeneration Negation is covered by Powernull.
  • Wouldn't necessarily qualify the effects of titles as social influencing... however, since I will add social influencing anyway, there's no point to argue about it.
  • limited Sound Manip via scream sounds ok.
  • Spatial Manip is of course fine.
  • Surface Scaling is fine.
  • Disagree with time manip. Eleonora isn't in his standard equip and I wouldn't list all abilities of optional equipment, for the obvious reason that that would be basically everyones abilities.
  • Underwater Breathing is fine.
  • I don't think causing shockwaves with attacks is enough to qualify for vibration manip.
  • Weapon Creation is fine, I guess.
  • Disagree with the resistances. Those things aren't resisstances, as they aren't some passive conditions. Van can still be effected by lightning if he doesn't envelope himself in a spirit in time, as shown against Fitun. This would more so be creating a special kind of forcefield.
Darcia:
  • Iffy about spatial manipulation. There are destructible things in dungeons, not sure if we should assume that the floor in that instance was one of the indestructible walls. Even evil gods had trouble freeing themself from actual dungeon walls.
  • The soul stuff should be very minor soul manip. We know only the demon kings can destroy souls and the novel points out that soul damage of the nature orichalcum weapons and high level magic deals would kill the physical body long before the soul damage becomes lethal.
  • Rest is fine.
Gufadgarn:
  • Same soul manip note as for darcia
  • I think dimensional travel is too speculative. That seems mostly like a special attribute of Zuruwan alone. Didn't Sam even want to learn how to run through other dimensions, as that was one thing Gufadgarn couldn't do? Or do I remember that wrong?
Legion: Is fine, aside from Biological Manip. Don't think good surgery does apply to that.
Knochen: Seems fine.

Standard Equip: No, I don't think Gufadgarn would count. She is a loyal follower that often is with Vandalieu, but she isn't equipped to him in the way Kühl is, nor is a mind controlled familiar used for techniques like his ghosts.

Range: Not sure about the dungeon size argument and sea floor can vary a lot, but in general "several kilometers" seems appropiate, as I also point out in my recent thread.

Stamina: Doesn't Vandalieu have some skills that add a fixed mana recovery amount, instead of a percentual one?

Speed: Disagree. "As fast as lightning" or "lightning-fast" is a common form of hyperbole and shouldn't be assumed to mean more than "very fast". We don't really lineary upscale stats based on novel stats, as they usually just aren't linear. The characters made of lightning are made out of magical lightning, which doesn't necessarily have the speed of actual lightning.
Lightspeed light beams are fine.

Stamina: Doesn't Vandalieu have some skills that add a fixed mana recovery amount, instead of a percentual one?
Van have two passive skills that recover mana, one of them recover a fixed percentage (which increase with the level) of the total mana overtime without matter what one is doing and this skill evolved and currently is level 2 that version, and the other reduce the time needed to recover mana ignoring the total amount of mana (Van currently have the skill at level 9).

The speed of mana recovery also depend of the health and mental state, rest increase the recovery rate and sleep increase that to a much greater extent (because of that the famous mages always bring with them good quality pillows and are obsessed with their sleep), the skills of Van are independet of this so is posible that if he rest he can recover even faster his mana.

Hmmm.... The 20 shots value is for him sleeping then, though, right? So this wouldn't really apply to his awake recovery rate?

Hmmm.... The 20 shots value is for him sleeping then, though, right? So this wouldn't really apply to his awake recovery rate?
The skill that recovery mana is said that recover mana even while fighting, without needed to rest at all, reason to why all mages want it (I really want to give the exact quote but I read in spanish, reason to why I need to reread in english to make CRTs for the verse). The other one, the skill that reduce the recovery time I think it's also the same, though this one if possible that indeed is affected of the state in which one is.

Last edited:
The skill that recovery mana is said that recover mana even while fighting, without needed to rest at all, reason to why all mages want it (I really want to give the exact quote but I read in spanish, reason to why I need to reread in english to make CRTs for the verse). The other one, the skill that reduce the recovery time I think it's also the same, though this one if possible that indeed is affected of the state in which one is.
Yeah, but I mean the calculation of the mana recovery rate in the OP is based on an instance where Van faints after the use of hollow cannon and recovers mana while unconscious. So that calculated value is for usual recovery + sleeping. For just his normal recovery value by skills, while awake, one would need to subtract the sleeping factor from it

Yeah, but I mean the calculation of the mana recovery rate in the OP is based on an instance where Van faints after the use of hollow cannon and recovers mana while unconscious. So that calculated value is for usual recovery + sleeping. For just his normal recovery value by skills, while awake, one would need to subtract the sleeping factor from it
Ah, yes, that's right, when I reread I will search for a case in which sleep isn't included.

I didn't take the phrasing into account and I blindly took the 20 shots a day at face value, tho it shouldn't be that far from current Vandalieu.

well because this cannot be used, the previous statement Vandalieu made back in chapter 79 will have to do, for now. This would reduce current Vandalieu recovery down to ~272,435 points of Mana per second.

How do you come from "more than 10,000 mana per second" to 272,435?

How do you come from "more than 10,000 mana per second" to 272,435?

wait, no, ok I want to know myself what I am smoking, I need to retake math.

It is actually ~361,316

given that his recovery is percentage-based, we only need to divide his current mana with the one at that time:

Chapter 74 Vandalieu had 378,120,344
while current has 13,662,107,926

13,662,107,926/378120344 = 36.13*10,000 = 361,316.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that probably makes sense. At least approximately.

So, I think I have applied everything accepted from this. Anything else or should I close this?

So, I think I have applied everything accepted from this. Anything else or should I close this?
If everything is already applied then there is nothing more to do here.

As a note, I'm finally rereading the novel, currently I'm in the chapter 8 and already have many things writed down lol.

Oh perfect!!!

Hmm, the only thing I can ask about would be Vandalieu's resistances, while the elementals resistances are not applicable, what about the other resistances? blessed, madness, and regeneration negation?

Oh, the way you wrote those I assumed all of them were spirit stuff. Didn't even notice there were other in-between.
Resistance to regeneration negation is ok. Madness is covered by mind resistance, I believe.
Don't think the blessed is a resistance. It's more that a being of inferior power can't properly boost the growth of a superior being. Nobody in the verse can get a divine protection of an inferior creature.

Well, ok. I added that and regeneration negation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back