• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death (Discworld) vs Death (Castlevania)

I was dragged into this kicking and screaming. Let that be known.

Discworld Death is a Type 1 abstract, and while I'm told Castlevania Death has Conceptual attacks, those are specifically in regards to his Death Manip. Which for obvious reasons won't be terribly effective against a Type 5 Immortal.

I'm curious, does anything stop Discworld!Death from absorbing Castlevania!Death?

I guess CV Death could BFR depending on how good that dimensional travel is? Though he won't open with that as iirc he starts with teleporting and danmaku spam, don't suppose AP matters here?

I guess CV Death could BFR depending on how good that dimensional travel is? Though he won't open with that as iirc he starts with teleporting and danmaku spam, don't suppose AP matters here?
He seems capable of just entering any alt-dimension in Discworld, so unless he's like sealed away he should be capable of traveling back.

I mean. Does it?

Well I guess not if CV Death's ability to affect Disc's is only tied to his death manip. Tbh I'd assume that would also include him just being able to hie the guy and KO but fair enough if he can't.

Anyhow just to drop the scaling chain CV Death fodders Time Reaper who is above baseline and CV Death is always presented as an endgame danger to all protagonists.

Who all scale above each other and to Dracula who is stated to be more and more powerful each time he comes back so it'd be smth like 20 times above base or smth for CV Death at his best. But if CV Death can't do anything here then it becomes moot.

I was dragged into this kicking and screaming. Let that be known.

Discworld Death is a Type 1 abstract, and while I'm told Castlevania Death has Conceptual attacks, those are specifically in regards to his Death Manip. Which for obvious reasons won't be terribly effective against a Type 5 Immortal.

I'm curious, does anything stop Discworld!Death from absorbing Castlevania!Death?

Iirc Death's Conceptual attacks and that also include AP cause the guy passively danmaku's sickles all over the place as his opening move. Does Discworld have a good scaling chain? And is this absorb instant and passive?

Last edited:
To answer your first question, Death is just the strongest Low 2-C. He was also superior to another Death made to fight him in Reaper Man. Which gives him basically like 2-3 steps of scaling above baseline, at least. To answer the second question, not really, but it's pretty quick.

Okay so Disc Death is like >>> baseline then?

CV Death's scaling chain is a bit whacky, but is always portrayed as an endgame threat that can very feasibly take out the protags of Castlevania, which includes Soma Cruz who is a god tier of the verse even in base. Considering the protagonists scale to Dracula in each of his incarnations (Its canon that Dracula became more powerful each time he came back until 1999) Death is comparable to them.

To give you an example of Soma's scaling chain and where Death fits in I'll quote from a match of his.

Soma (DoS) > Menace > Death (You fight Death after the Dario fight) > Dario fused with Aguni > Dimitri/Dario > Soma (AoS) > Chaos > Dracula (1999) >= Julius = Alucard (1999) => Alucard (SoTN) > True Form Dracula (SoTN) > Dracula (SoTN) > Galamoth >>>>> Shaft (Feat above Baseline) > Richter being controlled by Shaft > Richter Belmont > Dracula (RoB) > Leon Belmont > Dracula (LoM) >>> Death (LoM) > Time Reaper => Low 2-C

This has omitted quite a few people from Castlevania like Jonathan Morris, Eric Lecard, Shanoa, etc. But even so considering that all those protagonists also battled Death as an endgame (Final in the case of Jonathan and Charlotte and Leon) boss who could feasibly defeat them this gives CV Death a very, very large scaling chain. This ties into Death's death manip sickles that also include the AP, so I guess Disc Death could at least be KO'd?

something like that. However the extent I feel is important. Given that scaling chains at this level tend to be arbitrary, I should note that Death literally one-taps everybody in-verse. We dunno how "high" into Low 2-C he is.

Neat, so he one shots them but that's just a bit above baseline by the looks of it. CV Death can not only one shot baseliners but he proves to be a feasibly lethal opponent to those who are over 20x baseline among other things as keep in mind Soma has a really, really long scaling chain being above every incarnation of Dracula and all protagonists. So unless Disc Death's got anything that prevents a knockout I say imma call it Inconclusive. Cause its either Disc Death absorbs or CV Death hits him with a stray passive sickle danmaku.

I'm not actually certain Discworld!Death can sleep or be unconscious, though I don't feel like going to dig through books for that info. I'm happy to vote Incon since tier 2 bad.

C̶a̶s̶t̶l̶e̶v̶a̶n̶i̶a̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶2̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶u̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶

I get roped into a large amount of Tier 2 things. Much prefer my Tier 6 and below D&D.

Back