• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle General Discussion Thread 3

Maybe the Doctor can go up against SCP-682 providing they only go by his modern era incarnation?

Idk, I just want him against someone, lol

TheC2 said:
They take everything into account for a character even when they shouldn't. Canon and non-canon are things. Then again, seeing how they handle and view Superman, I really shouldn't be surprised.
Unpopular opinion, as guilty as DB's been for compositing, I didn't see that too much with Superman as much as people are emphasizing it. The main feats they used to try and prove Superman was superior were from ONE Superman. They hint at other versions like Prime to show how potentially powerful he could become without actually using the feats.

They mention New 52 Superman's Super Flare, but don't actually use it or put it into the explanation for why he beat Goku (though seeing as how recent Superman comics have combined the two, that's probably the ONE thing that's aged well about that episode).

The issue isn't them combining a bunch of Supermen into one as a lot of people are saying, the issue is how they interpreted said Superman's feats. Goku probably had more compositing in the fight than Superman as they allowed him to have Ssj4 and his movie feats.

Newendigo said:
Nothing else, same with 18 Vs CM, they are blondes, can fly and shot beams. Now we have Zero vs Metal Sonic, what things in common this characters have?

-They are robots.

-They are.............. From old and abandoned franchise?
They were both created by evil scientists to combat their ultimate enemies and have the ability to copy their foes. I agree the last two were vague in terms of similarities, but this one's straightforward. Plus, this likely stemmed from the people upset that Zero wasn't in the Eggman vs Wily fight.

TheC2 said:
It really does seem like they're running out of steam. DB usually picks characters that are similiar on the surface level and then dive into the details which usually highlights the differences. Then we see how those attributes play out in the fight. The problem is that these last two matches have had characters that don't have enough differences to make things interesting, IMO.
I also agree with Gargoyle that they need to bring some characters back. Shoot some old ones I'd love to see again are:

Leonardo

Kratos

Spawn
I've come up with a cavalcade of possible match-ups that I could easily see happening in any vs show. Although I don't expect any of these to ever be in DB since it seems like they could not care less about what match-ups to do. http://flamethrowerman09.deviantart.com/gallery/60967672/Death-Battle-Ideas

Anyway, for the next match, Zero stomps via speed, hax, and AP advantage (most places don't treat the 4-A feat as such, nor apply it to Super forms. DB would be as such, given that they're more OBD oriented than VSBW oriented)

Flamethrowerman09 said:
I've come up with a cavalcade of possible match-ups that I could easily see happening in any vs show. Although I don't expect any of these to ever be in DB since it seems like they could not care less about what match-ups to do. http://flamethrowerman09.deviantart.com/gallery/60967672/Death-Battle-Ideas
Blue Beetle Vs Spiderman could be a thing. And i really doubt that DB is going to use KLK characters any time soon, same with JoJo and maybe is because they are not "popular" enough to take part, and i mean in the sense of what their audience are accustomed.

I don't know how explain it.

To be fair, a composite Superman would stomp her due to Strange Visitor and Cosmic Armor. So there is that

@Weekly Lol did he really say that? Link pls

Well to be fair, I feel like that was a joke response in the "Wiz" character. But even then at least nice he finally admits to his mistakes now.

Ryukama's right in which it was more Wiz stating he doesn't make mistakes rather than Ben. Ben has admitted to other mistakes before, but this is one of the first where it's taken as a pretty big deal.

Well Cal is about to scream...Either in Joy or Sorrow or both

Next is Lucario vs Renamon

Great, the spoiler has begin... Welp, another lost for pokémom then. SA should have more variety in fights, last fights are either anime, nintendo, DC, marvel... At least isn't indie games.

Well we all know how this will go. If they use Renamon's evolutions then we'd have the exact same result as Charizard vs Greymon. And god forbid they've discovered the Novel like we have here....

And guess what was Seth's response to when Boomstick admitted he was wrong?

"I can't believe you had a research team and it was this wrong"....

@Gargoyle Technically 18 would utterly destroy Carol before she could even reach Binary.

Most of people in internet knowns the result of the incoming fight, no need to see any profile from here nor OBD, but is popular between furries fans, so they will obtain a good amount of cash views.

(Imagines Renamon digivolving to Mega Level with Rika.)

BTW, does anyone have the spoiler sheet for the mentioned future fights? OMM was a tie, but this is on a MUCH bigger calibur of shame. The only Pocket Monster (As far as I remember) that won was Mewtwo, and that was only because Frieza wasn't chosen as the opponent. But it was still another loss for SONIC. I'd like to see the following happen:

Leone (Akame ga KILL!) vs some Combat Oriented Doggirl.

Ryuza (Wonderful World) vs Rio Sirufu (SILVER!) (Current Rio for that matter.)

Hyde Kido (Under Night IN-BIRTH exe:late[st]) vs Akame (Akame ga KILL!)

Ryuko Matoi (KILL LA KILL) vs Some badass sword wielding chick that approves of Kiritsugu Emiya's catastrophe's, and is still a protagonist.

Scrooge (NOT SCROOGE McDUCK!) (Guilty Crown) vs Gordeau (Under Night IN-BIRTH exe:late[st])

There are too many to list. These are just the tip of the iceberg of what I'll never get... MAKE THEM HAPPEN, SCREWATTACK.

Also, one more example: A fight Kenshin Himura can win in. That is all. Otherwise, I'm sending the Plant himself. Apologies for such words...

Saitamax said:
how about Joker (Persona 5) vs Joker (DC)

lol
These fights I mentioned could be better than what we're getting currently. The screwattack team just, doesn't know enough lesser known media to make a good fight. DC Joker has been mentioned to survive a fatal punch by SUPERMAN. P5 Joker would be outclassed by this fact.

Does anyone want this idea instead?

Spike Speigel (COWBOY BEBOP) vs (I really haven't a clue who the protagonist is... (OUTLAW STAR).

Both come from famous action anime of yore, and have badass fighter jets of their own. I'm on team Outlaw Star though... >.>

If it's Renamon, Lucario stomps.

Literally anything else, gg. Goodness I love Digimon and it's power (screams internally)

So... no leaks? Crud.

Lucario has Mega Evolution, but requires a Trainer to do this. Renamon is ridiculously strong even as a Rookie Level. Near the Beginning of Tamer, Rika was blasting Champion Level Digimon L&R with Renemon.

But what if neither ally was involved?

People already complained without reason that Spider-Man beat Batman. but NOT counting Captain America vs Batman, I seriously dunno the fan's opinion on Hulk vs Doomsday, as Doomsday has adapted so much, since his first fight with Supes, he even had resistance to all of Superman's moves, and this was after the Rematch of Goku vs Superman. (Now Goku has SSGSS3, but I myself don't want to see Saitama fight someone on this calibur of Revengeance.)

I digress. This is Pokemon's ONLY chance of beating a Digimon.

I want Cowboy Bebop vs Outlaw Star. Who does as well? Has both anime become obscure?

not suprised,i mean this is the 5th stomp episode in this season,but i wanted to know the result of the new DB(Metal sonic vs Zero)

That would require spoilers for the episode as a whole. I mean yeah I spoiled Next Time but y'know.

death battle is out

SPOILERS:

Zero won as he should...they actually scaled him to classic feats as they should too, and made it pretty clear in the end that it was a mismatch. they still chose to not mention any of the really ridiculous feats from Zero like beating lumine who destroyed a star or being faster than Duo who flew from jupiter to earth in 30 seconds.

the fight itself was pretty good too. one of the better deathbattles....i feel like they didn't really misrepresent Zero's power..they just willingly chose to not mention the higher end feats because they weren't necessary, and to leave room for more analysis in any future fights involving Zero or X.

END SPOILERS

Back