• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Accuracy Scale [Part 10, The more things change, the more they stay the same]

Discord is literally just Bill Cipher but better right now.

Anyway, I think it's a bit harsh to call that Episode's research "bad," because it definitely wasn't bad research, they simply got the wrong results and had poor reasoning for it.

I think it's a bit harsh to call that Episode's research "bad," because it definitely wasn't bad research, they simply got the wrong results and had poor reasoning for it.

I mean, bad and poor are kinda synonyms :V

Flatout, they gave Discord 4th wall awareness with knowledge on Bill's specific killing method, being able to come back eventually after his soul is destroyed and time travel, and yet they still have him lose? Because of wonky T1 scaling that is barely mentioned?

Ok, lets have a vote.

Who wants to move BillDiscord to WrongDecent,
and who wants to keep it at WrongBad?

I would argue it's WrongGood. They gave both characters basically their entire arsenal. Maybe wanked Bill a little bit. Scaled them relatively correctly. But then completely fell apart when actually analyzing who would win.

I think they made Nightmare Realm higher into 2-A possibly 5D which is the reason why Bill was stronger

I think they made Nightmare Realm higher into 2-A possibly 5D which is the reason why Bill was stronger
Behind the scenes yes, but they barely mention that in the ep itself which is kinda a problem.

Even "Wrong, Good" is a weird enigma. Getting a wrong winner by default really stretches whether it is actually good.

You know what? Scratch the voting.

DB saying Bill is 5D is factually wrong because Bill is only possibly 2-A in VSW. They are unquantifiably wrong in that analysis, so WrongBad stays.

lmao

And I know why some of yall are doing this. MLP fans basically bullied Bill even longer than the 9 month waiting period. So this is sweet justice on VSW historically downplaying Bill. But trying to justify it doesnt work in this list, because Bill is not 5D in VSW.

Know why some of us are doing this? What is that even supposed to mean.

They didn't even scale Bill to 5-D. They said they were both multiversal with Bill potentially scaling higher depending on how you take the context of the dream realm.

Anyway, it seems this thread is poorly hosted and host doesn't even understand his own metrics of rating these episodes. And additionally tries to make accusations about those who disagree with the takes. So I'm unfollowing.

And I know why some of yall are doing this. MLP fans basically bullied Bill even longer than the 9 month waiting period. So this is sweet justice on VSW historically downplaying Bill. But trying to justify it doesnt work in this list, because Bill is not 5D in VSW.
whut

I saw multiple Bill pfps popup after Bill won. I find that suspicious. Fair, maybe not everyone here does do that, but user coming here to say "DB says Bill is 5D so its right" when Bill isnt even 5D here is not a good argument.

Also, we do not have WrongGood rating in the first place. Its a weird paradoxical premise. RightBad can exist, cause they can get a right winner, but use the most baffling reasoning to argue against that. How can you possibly have a good research if it leads to wrong outcome?

Very well, if anyone can make a good argument to move BillDiscord into WrongGood, go ahead. If it is good argument I'll add it.

And as someone who follows DB maybe too much, DB has a nasty habit of leaving crucial details outside of episode. Look up Trunks vs Silver QA blog by Ultraguy, the latter is significantly more comprehensive in detail and even then, the Bill popup is this:

Popup: The Nightmare Realm is a "higher plane", a space between every universe in the infinite multiverse. Gravity Falls' cosmology also includes infinite timelines, the 4+ dimensional In-Between Space, and the Mindscape, a mental plane which overlaps with physical reality.
Now, I am not actual expert on T1, but "higher plane" has obvious implications. Tho tbf, perhaps this wouldnt count as T1 in here? Very well then.

I saw multiple Bill pfps popup after Bill won. I find that suspicious. Fair, maybe not everyone here does do that, but user coming here to say "DB says Bill is 5D so its right" when Bill isnt even 5D here is not a good argument.

Also, we do not have WrongGood rating in the first place. Its a weird paradoxical premise. RightBad can exist, cause they can get a right winner, but use the most baffling reasoning to argue against that. How can you possibly have a good research if it leads to wrong outcome?

Very well, if anyone can make a good argument to move BillDiscord into WrongGood, go ahead. If it is good argument I'll add it.

And as someone who follows DB maybe too much, DB has a nasty habit of leaving crucial details outside of episode. Look up Trunks vs Silver QA blog by Ultraguy, the latter is significantly more comprehensive in detail and even then, the Bill popup is this:
Here's the scoop. "Good" research is research that covers just about everything and does many things right, in the case of WrongGood, they did most thing right but fluffed it up when deciding a victor. Decent research is where they got some things right and some things wrong, and Bad research is where the bed was shat from here to next Tuesday and most thing were gotten wrong.
Now, I am not actual expert on T1, but "higher plane" has obvious implications. Tho tbf, perhaps this wouldnt count as T1 in here? Very well then.
No shit chucklenuts...

Literally admits it :V

**** it, I didnt plan to do this psychoanalysis of BillDiscord, but here are some notes I found.

Bill
  • DB claimed Bill can regenerate his own spirit, which seems to fit mid-Godly regen instead of just low-Godly
  • Mentioned that Bill can destroy souls, when he lacks Soul Manipulation & existence erasure, tho if you count non-physical interaction as good enough, then it can stay
  • Just gave Bill existence erasure, which he lacks
Discord
  • They technically said Discord can do ANYTHING so if you take this NLF literally lmao
  • They gave Discord plot manipulation as he can change the genre of the story, which he lacks in profile
Verdict
  • They said in lines that fight was dead even and then later in results screen just gave Bill strength advantage
  • They claimed that Bill’s time & space manipulation effectively cancelled out Bill’s severe disadvantage of MFTL+ vs Immeasurable
  • They said Bill could resist Energy Absorption, which he lacks
  • No mention of Discord being abstract entity, and even then Bill doesn’t have abstract manipulation
  • Excused Bill’s arrogance as “tunnel vision” and said him killing Time Baby means he takes strong beings seriously, except the Reddit QA they used clearly express Bill hating Time Baby so it makes more sense that Bill attacked Time Baby because he ******* hates him
  • Claimed Bill resists Mind Manipulation, which he lacks
  • Also again, Discord has abstract existence and time travel, Bill cant do much to that
Now ignoring the NLF thing, Bill lacks resistances to these:
  • Telekinesis
  • Memory Manipulation
  • Gravity
  • Time Manipulation
  • Biological Manipulation
  • Reality Warping
  • BFR
  • Sealing
  • Time Manipulation
  • Matter Manipulation
  • Fire, Ice Electric Manipulation
  • Conceptual Manipulation
  • Causality Manipulation
  • Lige Manipulation
  • Power Nullification
  • Existence Erasure
  • Sleep Manipulation
  • Spatial Manipulation
  • Energy Manipulation
Discord also lacks resistances to these:
  • Telekinesis
  • Memory Manipulation
  • Gravity
  • Time Manipulation
  • Void Manipulation
  • Plot Manipulation
  • Biological Manipulation
  • Reality Warping
  • BFR
  • Sealing
  • Time Manipulation
  • Dimensional Manipulation
  • Matter Manipulation
Now Ill be fair, I kinda rushed this and ignored some shit like Discord lacking Air Manipulation, so if you feel like there are problems do tell. I dont think that quite matters here. They definitely gave Bill powers and resistances he lacked in profiles, so I do not find "WrongGood" fitting. God forbid you use the NLF then they would give Discord every ability lmao

**** it, I didnt plan to do this psychoanalysis of BillDiscord, but here are some notes I found.

Bill
  • DB claimed Bill can regenerate his own spirit, which seems to fit mid-Godly regen instead of just low-Godly
Mid-Godly is coming back from an entire deletion of mind soul and body, which DB said Bill cannot do.

Plus, its ON his profile.
  • Mentioned that Bill can destroy souls, when he lacks Soul Manipulation & existence erasure, tho if you count non-physical interaction as good enough, then it can stay
His NPI affects Mind, Soul, Concept
  • They said in lines that fight was dead even and then later in results screen just gave Bill strength advantage
Bill was more powerful but Discord had a bit more powers. It was a close fight
  • No mention of Discord being abstract entity, and even then Bill doesn’t have abstract manipulation
They literally said Discord could come back because of Chaos. Bill has NPI that affect Concepts.
Also again, Discord has abstract existence and time travel, Bill cant do much to that
Bill has NPI for AE, Discord only has AE 2 so it doesnt matter much.

Bill also has Time Travel on his profile💀

Seems like you did not read Bills profile fully or something tbh.
Admit what?

Trying to argue for Bill while also celebrating his win by putting on him as pfp doesnt give a good look.

Bill's NPI didnt seem to work on concepts and the profile mentions that as debatable.

But anyways, Immeasurable vs non immeasurable still seems like a big struggle, but if even this doesnt matter then it can raised to WrongDecent, if it is indeed not that bad verdict wise.

Trying to argue for Bill while also celebrating his win by putting on him as pfp doesnt give a good look.
It does give a good look actually. Bill is awesome.
Bill's NPI didnt seem to work on concepts and the profile mentions that as debatable.
It is debatable as a note does not mean it doesnt work on concepts wtf its still accepted a such right now.
But anyways, Immeasurable vs non immeasurable still seems like a big struggle
Discord only has Imme travel speed right now. According to the profiles Bill actually blitzes

Discord scales to 22395 c

Bill scales to 24497808400000 c

Hmm did they cap Discord speed? Maybe I forgot.

Sure **** it, Wrong Decent. If someone else wants to disagree they can talk later. These arent set in stone.

It does give a good look actually. Bill is awesome.
No its just ******* bias :V

Well by the profiles we have right now for scooby and courage courage at his weakest is far faster and stronger than scooby but we lack profiles for several versions of scooby they composited together

Yeah, its awkward. In theory we should judge how accurate DB was compared to profiles but the profiles are so bad lol

Its arguably Wrong too, cause Im pretty sure by profiles Courage just stomps, it isnt a draw.

Stats were bit low so RickDoctor is RightDecent, no?

Moving BillDiscord to Iffy. Its way closer in hindsight, tho Discord seems to be getting buffs soon.

Back