• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deadpool Upgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
There exists a video entitled "PowerCrunch: How Strong is Deadpool?" While I would rather not link to it due to the heavy language and other assorted... just content in general being likely not friendly to all ages, I do want to point out some upgrades that it provides Deadpool with. I find them agreeable, as it explains them a good bit and why they are consistent as well. It additionally goes into detail about his miscellaneous powers and abilities in general, and thus I would ask that those so inclined check the video out on YouTube so that you can say if the stats proposed are legitimate.

They are as follows:

Powers and Abilities: Add Master of stealth, Immune to copying abilities and photographic memory used by his opponents, hammerspace, can see, talk, and interact with spirits/intangible beings, his mind is so dangerous that attacking it can result in pain and reversal of the attack back at it's sender, high resistance to soul-based attacks and body possession

Attack Potency: Wall level+ physically (Repeatedly has shattered and broken walls or sections thereof; kicked Moon Knight through a particularly large wall, shattering it completely in the process) up to Multi-City Block level with best weapons.

Speed: Subsonic (Outpaced a mob of Weapon X agents, caught up with a speeding plane) with Massively Hypersonic reactions and combat speed (A casual bullet timer; reacted to and dodged Cyclops's laser blasts and Surge's electricity, Mach 176.32 in close combat speed)

Lifting Strength: Nothing really new here.

Striking Strength: Class MJ physically, up to Class GJ with best weapons

Durability: Multi-City Block level. (Withstood slamming into a asteroid with enough force that it shattered on impact without any notable damage, tanked an explosion powerful enough to completely pulverize a large amount of stone without notable injury) City level with Regenerationn (survived and regenerated from a nuclear explosion for fun just to impress some babe), his immortality also makes him nearly impossible to kill but he can be knocked out

Stamina: Superhuman

Range: Improved to Interplanetary with Teleportation via his belt, some of his best weapons likely have thousands of meters or several kilometers of range.

Standard Equipment: (It lists a lot, and he has access to them at all times due to the teleportation tech built into his belt.) His signature katanas are named Bea and Arthur, also to be noted.

Weaknesses:

Used to have a strict no-kill rule, though this now only applies to ordinary human beings and innocent bystanders.

His teleportation belt can malfunction sometimes.

He has a restraining device built into his brain as a failsafe for Weapon X.

Careless in the heat of battle.

Highly impulsive.

His healing factor can take a while to kick in, and is tied to his subconscious.

So obviously, some of this will need to be reworded/reformatted a bit, but the point remains. What do you all think? This good to go?

KaenDragneel123 said:
Link to the video?
Just to check.

I explained up there why I didn't link to the vid, its fairly heavy on what's genearally considered inappropriate content here on this wiki and linking to such things is generally not allowed. Just copy-paste the title into YouTube, it'll show up.

Why in the world would CGG be blocked? I've known him for quite some time now and seen him comment on occasion, he just retired from being a big-name calcer in favor of his personal life, is all.

I feel like Deadpool has more abilities with the fourth wall breaking has he ever pulled a bugs bunny? lol but the suggested stats definitely seem plausible

I do not mind Deadpool getting a few new abilities, or an upgrade with his heaviest weaponry, but he is officially listed as a mere 2 out of 7 in speed (or enhanced human in the older Master Edition handbook), which rates him as slower than superhuman and near mere real life peak human level.

Listing him as subsonic is generous in itself, as Marvel generally intends him to be much slower than that. But Massively Hypersonic would be based on absurd outliers.

As for his strength (and durability), he was placed at enhanced human level in the Master Edition handbook, which is weaker than Spider-Man, but stronger than Captain America, so I suppose that we could apply some guesswork and place his AP and Durability at Small Building level, in-between the two, but note that his Regenerationn makes him near impossible to put down.

Well, I don't have time to watch lots of videos, especially ones that supposedly contain vulgar language, but I did try to appropriately upgrade the page based on his official handbook rankings combined with ThePerpetual's post.

Except that his is only Wall Level + and his weapons... Now near of MCBL (i get a best of Building Level+)

And MCBL durability should be considered... and since when we take so seriously the stats?

"he is officially listed as a mere 2 out of 7 in speed (or enhanced human in the older Master Edition handbook), which rates him as slower than superhuman and near mere real life peak human level.

Listing him as subsonic is generous in itself, as Marvel generally intends him to be much slower than that. But Massively Hypersonic would be based on absurd outliers."

Since when was it wiki policy to use listed power levels provided by official sources? They have standards far and apart from our own when it comes to this sort of thing. If we use the power levels that characters on this wiki were intended to have by their creators, then the great majority of these pages would look way, way different. They aren't outliers if it's been done repeatedly, over and over again, you know, it's not even arguable that him getting tagged by bullets devalues the fact in Deadpool's case because he purposefully eats up damage, relying on his immortal body to regenerate it.

This, in turn, is hardly a reason to discount Deadpool's durability either. He's very frequently tanked full-on hits from Marvel's heavy-hitters and forces well above Wall level, with several examples shown in the video I mentioned, without the use of his regen. Has he been hurt by supposedly ordinary bullets? Sure, but so has just about every comic book character ever (as well as a large chunk of just characters in general) when it was convenient to the plot. Bullets yield an average of 1000 to 2000 joules or so, going by that several comic book characters would be only Street level. It's hardly their other feats being inconsistent with the character if bullets in general are able to do far more damage to any comic book character not listed as having Invulnerability as a power than they should.

Wolverine is listed as having Large Building level durability for surviving a large explosion, and doesn't go into detial about these supposed higher showings of his. Deathstroke is Multi-CIty Block to Small Town for vaporizing a helicopter and tanking the explosion of a submarine. Batma without equipment and Elektra are both Wall level despite "officially" not having any superpowers and getting hurt by bullets all the time. Are any of them meant to be that level of superhuman by their creators? Aren't all of them rather consistently vulnerable to bullets?

I just don't get it.

I am very tired, and as such have a hard time dealing with this right now but please read the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.

We do not gauge characters by their handbooks ratings, but, due to the fact that there is such enormous inconsistencies from writer to writer, in lack of better options we do gauge them by comparing their official statistics with each other, and have official statements from Tom Brevoort, the editor most knowledgeable about, and in charge of the official power levels and Marvel's continuity, that they are not supposed to be particularly swift at all in terms of movement speeds.

(In this case Deadpool was rated with just slightly above peak human movement speed in the Master Edition handbook, which we can use to scale him as swifter than Captain America, but slower than Spider-Man.)

It is not at all a perfect system, given thst Marvel is likely one of the most internally inconsistent franchises that have ever existed, but I am afraid that it is all that we have to go by.

At least if you have the time to watch the video, you should do it

There is also explanation like why Spiderman dodges his attacks

And Deadpool Dance while dodging machinguns

If that's only Subsonic+... Massive Multi-Universal Downgrade then.

Well, I am uncertain. Officially he is enormously slower than machinegun fire, although his enormous fighting skills recurrently allow him to anticipate the aims of average speed opponents firing the bullets, along with his unpredictability officially making him harder to hit, and writers rend to take great liberties with Deadpool for comedic effect.

The problem is that logically, if we upgrade Deadpool to massive speed levels, we would have to upgrade all 2 out of 7 speed Marvel characters to the same degree, and level 2 includes even regular human beings.

These levels of theirs seem highly outdated and contradictory to their own work. In even the recent Marvel movie, there's one scene in particular I recall where it slows down immensely to show Wade cutting a bullet in half at extreme speeds, which I'm quite certain they don't intend for every ordinary human in Marvel to be able to do. Their definition of "speed" may simply be "movement/travel speed", perhaps, and they chalk up most any combat speed feats to fighting skill? That would explain why speedsters get such high ratings, but people who are extremely skilled fighters that frequently perform superhuman feats like these do not.

ThePerpetual said:
These levels of theirs seem hgihly outdated and contradictory to their own work. In even the recent Marvel movie, there's one scene in parficular I recall where it slows down immensely to show Wade cutting a bullet in half at extreme speeds, which I'm quite certain they don't intend for every ordinary human in Marvel to be able to do. Their definition of "speed" may simply be "movement/travel speed", perhaps, and they chalk up most any combat speed feats to fighting skill? That would explain why speedsters get such high ratings, but people who are extremely skilled fighters that frequently perform superhuman feats like these do not.
Even is mentioned that Deadpool's reflexes allow him to dodge machine guns without even notice it

Well, I firmly believe that there are too great inconsistencies involved ti allow the more outrageous speed feats of characters that are supposed to be barely superhuman as anything other than extreme Plot Induced Stupidity "rule of cool" outliers. But I am extremely tired right now, and have a hard time dealing with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back