• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deadlights Pennywise picture change.

Jinsye

She/Her
So the current picture we have for Deadlights Pennywise looks cool and all. But is kinda unfinished.

The tongue and the kid aren't even colored in yet.

Here's the finished version of the picture, would it work better?

Finished Chud

Is this really the "finished" pic? It looks like another picture entirely judging from the artstyle.

I personally prefer the original's artstyle but if people prefer the new one then, by all means, go ahead.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Is this really the "finished" pic? It looks like another picture entirely judging from the artstyle.
It is. The description for the image even says so.

REMEMBER THIS? Bet you thought I was never gonna finish it, right? Well, you're probably right. This is still in progres, but hey! At least I've done something. Lots has changed since last version, in fact I've started it from scrach with the original as a reference layer.

I'm personally a lot more fond of the picture we're using, even in spite of it being unfinished. The current one seems to get across the fact that its a cosmic horror a lot more than the finished one does. The latter looks a lot more cartoonish and just feels watered down by comparison.

Still, if enough other people feel like it should be changed, then I won't argue.

My minor issue with the old picture is that when I first saw it, I didn't know what I was looking at.

The unfinished tongue and kid really threw me off the first few times.

True enough. I always assumed the little transparent effect was intentional. (Since the picture is supposed to be depicting the Ritual of Chud, which was a battle of mind and soul and whatever) Didn't realize until recently that it was just an unfinished part of the drawing.

Agree with everlasting, the colors of the first one look better.

unfinished work is aesthetically more pleasing tbh.

Back