• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dead by Daylight Hallowed Blight additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's my first thread on the new forums. Hah. Anyway, I might as well start off by saying: This new forum is not as bad as I thought, actually. Sure its outdated (for now), but most threads will eventually be archived onto here. Anyway, let's cut to the chase.

Dead by Daylight additions

Starting off, I'm gonna admit that I am a Rank 8 Killer main, who's been playing the game since 2017. (Back when The Huntress was the most recent killer), and that I've been very fascinated by the lore for the game. I've been doing a lot of scans for the killers and thought:

"You know, let's bring some new additions to the verse."

New keys for every killer with Hallowed/Withering Blight cosmetics

Now, the first addition that immediately came to my mind was for new keys for the killers who have Blight event cosmetics. The reasoning for the keys, is due to the fact that the Blighted Syringes seem to amp the killers. This has been shown in a cutscene with The Trapper, who was restrained to a brick wall by handcuffs. (Talbot Grimes was likely responsible). In the cutscene, we see the Syringe already injected into Trapper's back, which eventually causes him to transform. And already, we know The Killers grow stronger statistically, as Trapper breaks free from the handcuffs after the transformation was complete. While doing so, he also demolished a portion of the brick wall that he was restrained to.

Here's the scan

While that feat is still Wall level, it is definitely superior to the base killers' door busting feats, as the killers are only able to kick down these wooden door shaped walls with two hits. With Blighted Trapper, he broke a portion of that brick wall. So, the other Blighted killers should probably scale to Blighted Trapper. Which would also mean the most recent killer (by the time this post was posted) aka, The Blight, would possibly scale to that as well. The Blight is arguably the most powerful killer of the verse, in terms of AP. In Tome 1: The Awakening, there is a whole memory log based around this guy, called: "The Hunger", in which, it was stated:

"He's lost. He doesn't know where he is. He sees things like tentacles reaching out for him from the fog and he knows they're not real. None of it is. He's losing his mind if he hasn't lost it already. His eyes play tricks on him. He sees giant, nameless creatures looming over him. Doesn't matter. They're not real. None of it is. His hunger confuses him. Oppresses him. He'd do anything for that feeling again. Anything. Even… return to the trials. He would. He'd rip survivors and killers apart limb from limb for that feeling again. He begins to mumble words. A promise… one flower… one flower… and I will do anything…"

This quote alone describes how powerful Talbot "The Blight" Grimes is. And if he is able to do this feat, that should put him above Oni in the killer power chain. However, this could possibly just be a hyperbole. However, I doubt that, considering this dude notably has six fingers, unlike the other killers. And unlike the other killers, he's able to lift survivors with one hand without any trouble. Well yes, all killers can do that; but you can see them struggle a bit as they lift survivors onto their shoulder, whereas Blight doesn't seem to struggle at all. His hands are so large, that it looks like he's grabbing their entire torso. Anyway, according to some leaks, there will be an addon that allows all killers to use Blight's rush for the next Blight event. So, we could use that for the Blight keys for the other killers, once the Blight event finally releases.

Until then, I will make profiles for The Executioner and The Blight later, and publish them when the time comes. I've always thought about giving The Blight a key for The Alchemist (prior to his transformation), as he has some powers/abilities like Statistics Amplification and Transformation via the Syringes, but let me know what you think.

While the Blight does obviously give them some form of a power up, I don't particularly think it's notable enough to deserve it's own key. The only thing that would be different from the normal key is a AP difference that's negligible and in the same tier. I don't mind this new key, but it seems extremely redundant.

As for the The Hunger's "limb from limb" that sounds like flowery language. The saying "tear someone limb from limb" is extremely common and almost never literal when said in this way, so I don't see a reason why we should take it at face value that he can casually rip limbs apart with no feats of that.

While the Blight does obviously give them some form of a power up, I don't particularly think it's notable enough to deserve it's own key. The only thing that would be different from the normal key is a AP difference that's negligible and in the same tier. I don't mind this new key, but it seems extremely redundant.

As for the The Hunger's "limb from limb" that sounds like flowery language. The saying "tear someone limb from limb" is extremely common and almost never literal when said in this way, so I don't see a reason why we should take it at face value that he can casually rip limbs apart with no feats of that.
Fair enough.

Please do not create new CRT threads as per the OP on the original form. We must first make sure a majority of our users make it comfortably to the new forum.

After that, we will have dedicated megathreads for each verse so larger and smaller revisions over the past 5 months can be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back