• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU - Superman Revisions

I think the priority should be to calculate the volcano feat, since that's been the subject of discussion for pretty much the whole thread.

I think the priority should be to calculate the volcano feat, since that's been the subject of discussion for pretty much the whole thread.
That would be great, yes.

Have any calc group members been active in this thread, so we can ask them about it?

Flash feat works with surface area tbh. It's consistent with other Tier 7 feats that we see from people on or around his level.

I know Supes has Tier 5 stuff in the Beyond comics but those are vaguely canon at absolute best considering inconsistencies. Though idk, those could be ignored if we have outright statements from creators on the subject. I also know we might need to check the Adventures comics since I know at least Batman Adventures are partially canon

Anyway, Qawsedf234 and DarkDragonMedeus make good sense above. We should probably ignore the Flash feat then.
If the feat is only around 200 Megatons, then I am willing to accept it. It's not entirely absurd compared to most other feats shown in the series, like the Volcano feat, even if no one scales, there are feats beyond this level.

Honestly, I still feel like we are down-playing the meteor feat. A meteor hitting the earth hard enough to instantly wipe out a large city? (Metropolis has a population of 10 million, the term for that being literally megacity) Should be higher than Low 7-B. Might just be me though, I guess if the calculations all point to Low 7-B there's not much else to say.

So about this...
@KLOL506 @Amelia_Lonelyheart @Damage3245

Here's the calc in question. Feat's included too.
Not really. Watch the eruption again, there's multiple origin points, the big explosion is almost the entire width of the volcano which was measured to be over 40 kilometers long and more importantly the current calc assumes that Doomsday withstood all of the lava's kinetic energy hitting him at once. Since the lava, you know moved past Doomsday, that quite literally means he cannot scale to the full KE.

Or to use visual examples: This or this is scaling to the full KE. The object hit someone and then dead stopped, which means all the previous momentum was transferred into them. This and this is not. The object hit them and moved forward with minimal loss of speed, meaning that they only absorb part of the KE.

Doomsday only full scales if it was an explosion (which isn't what Dark's calc is getting numbers for) or if the object hitting him more or less stopped once it hit him.
Here's Qawsed's issues with the calc. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Okay. No problem. Please place a link to this thread on your wiki to-do list.

Got something weird to mention. In STAS Identity crisis Luthor sets off half a kiloton worth of explosives in order to kill Bizarro and his other failed Superman clones, Superman is unsure if after escaping that he would have survived it but Bizarro did.

That is a little weird, but it probably doesn't mean too much honestly. Superman's powers vastly increased from the middle of S:TAS to the end, a younger Superman probably never felt something of that magnitude and thus was unsure.
Should we have multiple keys? Start of S:TAS, Middle of S:TAS and End of S:TAS - JLU?

I also want to know how much energy would be needed to destroy Metropolis, I feel like that's the best way we have of calculating the Promethean Meteor. I don't know, Small City Level just doesn't sit right with the amount of damage it was threatening to cause, wiping out a city so large.

Speaking of Metropolis's size, was Superman causing earthquakes throughout the city ever calc'd?

That is a little weird, but it probably doesn't mean too much honestly. Superman's powers vastly increased from the middle of S:TAS to the end, a younger Superman probably never felt something of that magnitude and thus was unsure.
Should we have multiple keys? Start of S:TAS, Middle of S:TAS and End of S:TAS - JLU?

I also want to know how much energy would be needed to destroy Metropolis, I feel like that's the best way we have of calculating the Promethean Meteor. I don't know, Small City Level just doesn't sit right with the amount of damage it was threatening to cause, wiping out a city so large.
The S:TAS keys would probably help for characters who currently downscale from Superman, ala Wonder Woman.

Also while I know what I'm about to say is completely unrelated to Supes, this is the only active DCAU thread so I'mma mention it here. I noticed that Ray Thompson from the JL Legends episode doesn't have a profile, might look into making one for him.

I feel like it'd be better to just make a new thread, that might catch people's attention more than just an older, remade thread.

So what are the conclusions here so far regarding what changes that should be be applied to our DCAU pages?

We need to probably just compile everything into one big thread seeing as the speed revisions for the street tiers hasn't been properly analyzed. Mainly the Maxie Zeus and Static reacting to Sinestro ring bits. Just move everything in this thread and all the prior threads thats unfinished into one big catch all DCAU revision thread.

Gonna state that I don't wanna make the OP for it but I also wanna make sure that everything gets covered so idk on that.

Okay. Noted.

Are any of you willing to handle that, so we get something productive done regarding this verse?

I have started work on a draft in my sandbox, also feel its important to cover any loose ends regarding canon content in the draft.
Please excuse the gramatical errors

The DCAU is one of the most well written and respected series of superhero animated series of all time. Unfortunately our profiles as are do not do them justice and there are major feats not properly accountted for on them currently. Past invidual thread attempts have been slow to progress and change the status quo. It is for this reason why I will be compiling all the proposed changes from each thread that have gone unresolved into this one mega thread as it were.

What is (the) DCAU?​

But before we begin I want to cover what exactly this wiki considers DCAU and what isn't DCAU. Because my gut tells me someone is gonna mess up and bring up something entirely unrelated. Its also important that a precident be set going foward. I'd suggesting maybe even adding this as it's own Verse specific rule just to ease confusion.

if is not mentioned here in this list, it is not what we currently consider DCAU canon and it is irrelevant to this discussion:
  1. Batman The Animated Series
  2. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  3. Superman The Animated Series
  4. The New Batman Adventures (TV Series)
  5. Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
  6. Batman Beyond (1999 Animated Series)
  7. Lobo (2000 Webseries)
  8. Gotham Girls (2000 Webseries
  9. Static Shock
  10. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
  11. The Zeta Project
  12. Justice League (2001 Animated Series)
  13. Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
  14. Justice League Unlimited (2004 Animated Series)
  15. Batman and Harley Quinn (Movie)
  16. Batman and Harley Quinn (Tie in Comic to the aforementioned Movie)
  17. Harley Quinn and Batman (Prequel Tie in Comic to the aforementioned Movie and Comic)
  18. Justice League vs. the Fatal Five
  19. Batman: The Adventures Continue (Comic)
  20. Justice League Infinity (Comic)

This means no, Teen Titans (2003), The Batman, Krypto The Superdog, Superman Braniac Attacks, Legion of Super Heroes (2006 TV series), Superman Doomsday, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Young Justice, Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Justice League Action, Batman The Killing Joke (2016 film), DC Animated Movie Universe (or Tuckerverse post DCAMU reboot) content should be posted here. They are not canon each for individually seperate reasons it is tiring to see said content posted or questioned.

Finally though I previously mentioned not mentioning irrelevant content it is important that we discuss Earth 12 of the mainline DC Universe and it's related comics. While DC Comics has gone on record to claim that Earth 12 and it's comics are also canon to the DCAU, it's presents an absolutely massive amount of plotholes that go far beyond the scope of this subsection. Some notable points:
  1. Hawkman being a Thanagarian in these comics, when in the DCAU he is Human.
  2. Warhawk remembering the events of The Once and the Future Thing even though Bruce Wayne and Jon Stewart should be the only surviors of that timeline.
  3. Bruce and Jokers final enounter ending with the latters imprisonment in the comics instead of his death.
    1. This one being so awful and having so many other plot holes attached to it that they make an equally awful and failed attempt to retcon it in the same story.
If you really want to know just how bad it gets, Watchtower Database did a 30 minute editorial on it. Literally everyone working on DCAU content ignores it at this point irregardless. If you need any further context to put this issue to bed, Bruce Timm himself specifically stated he does not personally consider the Batman Beyond comics canon. With that I think we can put the Earth 12 issue to bed.

Now that this thread has covered what can be considered core DCAU material, we need to go over the most prominent of all revisions, that which concerns the verses blue tights wearing, Santa believing, "boy scout".

The Superman Volcano Calculation​

Superman was the subject of his very own CRT recently though unlike A.M.A.Z.O.'s Infinity Comic thread, and most of the Luthor thread, thread grinded to a halt without any real conclusion. The current crux for most of the verses Tier 7 profiles, come from this feat wherein Clark pushes a meteor against an opposing force than would require this much force.

The goal here isn't to refute this feat, rather, we just potentially have a scaleable feat from JLU that would warrant an upgrade or granting JLU Supes his own.

I would heavily appreciate if someone else could pick up on this or at least go through it for thoughts.

I would heavily appreciate if someone else could pick up on this or at least go through it for thoughts.
So what you have down so far is good, but we should continue with further listing what else needs calculations and discussion. You mentioned street tiers in a previous post, okay, what needs to be done for them?
What needs to be calce'd?
What feats need to be reviewed?

Just start listing down everything that you know so far needs to be taken care of and we'll start from there.

So what are the conclusions here so far regarding what changes that should be be applied to our DCAU pages?
Would you mind opening Superman's page? I'll add everything that has been agreed on so-far, and we can further edit profiles after the next DCAU thread is completed all-together.

No problem. I will unlock the DCAU Superman profile page if it isn't already. Tell us here when you are done.

It was already unlocked/open for editing.

Back