• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics: Starfire Stats

He seems to be shooting kryptonite radiation at her however. That doesn't count.

There seem to be a few feats in Luthor's profile.

Also, about Kryptonite and Red Sun:

When Superman isn't being weakened by a tiny Kryptonite rock owned by Batman because plot demands him to look badass, he's still incredibly powerful. He has 5-A and 4-C feats while weakened by Red Sun Radiation, and he fights beings with magical power and comparable strength all the time.

I heard in the Saitama vs lex, a while back. That he did tank a planet busting attack though there weren't any scans shown

Antvasima said:
There seem to be a few feats in Luthor's profile.
1. The man healding supergirl is literally from the some scan i posted of her, but after she got bathed in the ray

2. Snapping brianics neck? I can snap a world heavyweight boxers neck, but that doesn't make me on their level does it?

3. Larflezz is more of a commander who sits backs and watch while his soilders do all the work, the fact that that he hinslef is stated to be ss level on lex's profile while his constructs do all the work doesn't make sense

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
scans please
The time he flew through a Red Sun while fighting Superboy Prime.

Also Sun-Eaters who have Keplar Supernova-level attacks + Red sunlight

https://forums.hero-academia.com/xfa-blog-entry/calc-requests-part-21.33441/

Sun-Eater Explosion = 50 Keplar Supernovas, and they also have Red-Sun Radiation in them. Even accounting for Superman's size in comparison to the blast, we get a result of 2.22670815e43 joules, or High 4-C

That's funny as I was just looking at that calculation like a hour ago for the first time. Either way that's solar system is that consistent with his other showings. When under the effects of the red sun

When Superman isn't getting the Worf Effect or suffering from Jobber Aura, he showcases amazing feats even while under weaknesses. Hell, the fact that one of Superman's villains is Metallo who is literally made of Kryptonite should tell you a lot.

^There are just to many of his inconsistances to preform the same ss level feats while under the affects of his weakness from me to believe lex is on par with him

Metallo has a kryptonite heart, that's it.

I also think that we should probably downgrade Lex Luthor with power armor to unknown values, unless he has consistent showing of that scale.

Antvasima said:
Metallo has a kryptonite heart, that's it.
I also think that we should probably downgrade Lex Luthor with power armor to unknown values.
For now, yes.

Post-Flashpoint is a different story. He fights Superman level people that don't have weakness to Kryptonite, becomes a member of the Justice League, and is now one of the Supermen.

He's actually a much better character, imo. I like his character development from pure villain to anti-hero.

I think I have a pretty easy way to determine if Starfire hurting Superman is PIS and it goes a bit like this.

Does Starfire have a Solar System level feat without scaling?

If no then you are saying she should scale to someone about 1530x stronger than she's ever been depicted, assuming she is Star level.

Does Starfire have a Star level feat without scaling?

If no then you are saying she should scale to someone 3569x stronger than she's ever been depicted, assuming she is Small Star level.

Does Starfire have a Planet level feat without scaling?

If no then you are saying she should scale to someone 9,006,835,500,000x stronger than she's ever been depicted, assuming they are Small Planet level.

Same with Aquaman.

Completely disagree.

If there are numerous instances of valid scaling they apply. You could use this same logic to downgrade all of Dragon Ball. Or all of fiction, really.

Vegeta's best feat on his own is 5-B. We don't downgrade him to that, though, because scaling him to people with better feats is legitimate.

There's a bit of a difference when one story is self-consistent with X < Y < Z and when there is a franchise of several unrelated stories that aren't even consistent with themselves. Not to mention, the lack of feats a character has is how we determine PIS in the first place.

If we truly relied just on pure "this character is consistently stronger/faster than X" without consideration for their own feats then I could easily upgrade just about any given Marvel street-tier to MFTL+ for being consistently faster than just about anyone worth their salt.

At some point you have to recognize that if Starfire's best feat is just busting down a wall her hurting Superman is PIS unless she does it some 15 times and is outright stated to be stronger.

"There's a bit of a difference when one story is self-consistent with X < Y < Z and when there is a franchise of several unrelated stories that aren't even consistent with themselves. Not to mention, the lack of feats a character has is how we determine PIS in the first place."

Ah, going to pull the "Muh comics are inconsistent" card again? Comics are literally any long-running storyline, like an anime with hundreds of episodes or TV Shows with 10+ seasons. Any long-running series is full of so-called "inconsistencies" if you mine for it. But alas, we only do so with american comicbooks in a clear showcase of bias.

Saying that the storylines are unrelated are also blatantly false, as they follow a continuity and timeline.

>Second paragraph.

Once again you show an error of logic that you show at many times: Only seeing 2 polar extremes. Own feats obviously matter, but so do scaling. The example you bring up is visibly exaggerated because Marvel Street Chars are far below the weight-class of MFTL+ Herald and Transcendent characters like Silver Surfer and Thor. Feat-wise they only reach Tier 8 and speed wise, MHS+.

As for Starfire, she is canonically superior to Superboy and Wonder Girl as one of the leaders of the Teen Titans. And for Aquaman I can show you about 30+ instances of him scaling to the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter, as well as statements of being comparable.

I agree with LordXcano regarding Starfire and Aquaman. We cannot scale every single superhuman DC Comics character to Superman, when their own showings are enormously more limited and the franchise is incredibly inconsistent.

Antvasima said:
I agree with LordXcano regarding Starfire and Aquaman. We cannot scale every single superhuman DC Comics character to Superman, when their own showings are enormously more limited and the franchise is incredibly inconsistent.
Legit never my intention.

Does Starfire scale? Maybe. She seems to be superior to both Superboy and Wonder Girl as I can show on scans.

Does Aquaman scale? Hold your breath on that cause I'll be coming with a thread soon.

/kuppo

Well, being shown as stronger than Superboy seems like more Plot-Induced Stupidity, or simply happened before his gradual upgrade to near Superman-level power.

Again, Captain America has beaten the Hulk, and Frankenstein's Monster and Cyclops have damaged Dormammu. This is so commonplace that it is the standard for Marvel and DC matchups. Simply finding scans of a single instance of one character beating another regrettably proves nothing for them. We have to go by consistency and their own feats.

Currently our Marvel profiles are largely an unreliable mess, and I would prefer if we avoid pushing DC down the same path.

@Ant

If she has multiple statements of doing so + statements of being one of the strongest titans, I'm fine. She also has a Star level statement and MFTL+ feats.

I don't even need to begin to explain why Captain America, a character who is only 8-A by his legitimably best feats, doesn't scale to Savage Hulk, and why a guy who can bust universes and fight Eternity being hurt by Cyclops is bullshit. Extremes like that doesn't make all powerscaling illegitimate. We don't make Batman 2-A nor do we make Iceman 1-A. We have common sense.

The Marvel profiles are a mess for entirely different reasons.

It's what moogles from Final Fantasy say. I saw people from other forums using it in posts after statements and I kinda developed the habit too.

Kuppo.

The Marvel profiles are partially a mess because of scaling to a Spider-Man feat that we do not even accept as valid, partially because the mid-level superhumans such as the Thing and Namor do not have proper scaling, partially because there is no particular consistency regarding which characters that are scaled from Thor and which from Red She-Hulk, and partially because Marvel is so incredibly inconsistent regarding the power levels of its cosmic entities. They switch from 2-A to High 1-B depending on the story and interpretation. So yes, you do have a point that this is due to other issues.

Anyway, both Marvel and DC are incredibly inconsistent regarding matchups between characters, so we have to go by overall consistency.

As for the "kuppo" thing, I would appreciate if you would stop using it. It looks silly. Thank you.

Anyway, Starfire is Massively FTL+. She can cross light-years in days tops. That already debunks the argument that she's a Captain America / Cyclops level person. And I'm finding numerous feats for her that justify her being above the likes of Donna Troy.

But I got priorities. Her scaling can go later and you can delete her page if you wish. We can make a new one later.

I am not saying that she is like Captain America or Cyclops. I am just saying that she is not on a level with Superman, or has demonstrated anywhere near Solar System level scale. Mind you, I really like the character, but we have to strive for reliability.

Her profile can have unknown statistics for the time being. It is not necessary to delete it.

Superman is about x100 times baseline SS level, though.

But I agree, reliable feats and scans. I'm getting those.

Back