• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics Profile Revamps: Trigon, Spectre, Phantom Stranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing much except one thing. I'm still not clear on whether we should get rid of the currently-in-use 2-B scaling for Post-Flashpoint Trigon since a bunch of people just gave agreement for the whole thing while Zensum brought a very solid point about the unclearness of the feat that Eficiente agreed with.

Other than that, I think this should be good to go. We have multiple members from your knowledgeable list and multiple staff agreeing. So, since I'm neutral on the 2-B scaling, do you think you can give a final judgment call on it?

From what I remember, Zensum and Eficiente seemed to make sense regarding this point.

I think so yes, although the "Crisis Times Five" reference should preferably be removed, as it does not seem reliable.

What do you intend to modify in the other profiles?

When the Post-Flashpoint 5-A's got upgraded to 4-B's a while ago I forgot about Zatanna. Her scaling is still correct but her tier is messed up.

Swamp Thing's profile currently has him scaling to Pre-FP Trigon/Spectre (Jim)

Raven's profile is scaling her to Post-Flashpoint Trigon

Fate's profile is scaling Nabu to Unbound Spectre which is a massive outlier on Nabu's part. I'm not sure why it was there currently, since until now Unbound Spectre was rated 1-A and Nabu is Low 2-C, likely 2-C.

Okay. That seems fine then. Thank you for the help.

Make sure to link to this thread in the edit summaries, so you avoid misunderstandings from other staff members.

This is the wrong place to ask that. Use my message wall instead.

@Ant

It's done, the profiles can be locked again. Can you also lock the two new profiles: Trigon (Post-Crisis) and The Phantom Stranger (Post-Crisis)?

ABoogieYesSir, their pages have just been made and haven't been linked in "Topics for this thread:" yet like in the the pages in "Topics for this thread:" below

@Ant

Yeah, this is done

@Joe

Zensum's point about the nexus being more of a navigation feat than a durability feat was agreed with by Eficiente, I at least thought it made sense and Ant agreed with it, so that's what happened.

@POTM

I will wait with locking this until the current discussion about the Phantom Stranger is finished.

Can y'all wait till I have the time to check this out (I've read nearly every single comic the spectre appeared in), I'll be able to do that in 2 days or so

Necroing this just to point this out

There is also a direct statement that if Spectre had been able to access his full potential he could have halted the Great Evil Beast, which supports his current 1-A rating

Dont agree with this. The scan didnt say that the Spectre could have halted the GBE. The Presence said he could have precluded the struggle.

According to google/dictionary precluded means

"prevent from happening; make impossible"

This is important because the Presence wasnt saying that the Spectre can stop GBE himself but was referring to the fact that he could have prevented the struggle if he decided to stop the messenger bird that caused the awakening of the GBE. He decided to let the bird pass because he believed that he can take on the GBE (Spoiler: He got stomped)

Yeah I agree as well, Hykuu pointed it out to me on discord but I forgot all about it.

@Ant

Can you unlock the profile so I can remove that bit?

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back