• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics: Darkseid Pre-Flashpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catzlaflame

Ephemeral Thoughts
He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Even the most irrelevat DC characters on the wiki have seperate pages for their different iterations, but Darkseid's page has everything jumbled under one big "Mainstream" label. This causes unnecessary cluttering and, frankly, makes the page hardly legible. See for yourself. Naturally, Pre/Post crisis feats would remain together, but Instead of using tabbers to seperate Pre/Post flashpoint Darkseid why not just........ seperate the pages as we do for 99% of DC pages.

Anyway, I separated the pre-flashpoint key and fixed it up. I believe it is much much better than before. Here is the sandbox: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Catzlaflame/Darkseid

god I can't even tell you how long it took to find the references for the scans that were already on the page.

Last edited:
The premise of the page split is fine, but there’s some things you did that need work.

I don’t know why you removed the Post-Crisis and Godhead images and quotes, but those should be re-added.

You have his tier listed like this; “2-C, as low as 4-B when operating through avatars”, but his AP like this “Varies from Low Multiverse level to as low as Solar System level when operating through avatars”, and his durability as just Low Multiverse level. All of those stats should have the same formatting as the tier.

His first key’s stamina needs to be changed to Superhuman.

His key section goes under the Tier section.

You left the notes about Post-Flashpoint Darkseid in the sandbox when they should be on his Post-Flashpoint profile.

The premise of the page split is fine, but there’s some things you did that need work.

I don’t know why you removed the Post-Crisis and Godhead images and quotes, but those should be re-added.

You have his tier listed like this; “2-C, as low as 4-B when operating through avatars”, but his AP like this “Varies from Low Multiverse level to as low as Solar System level when operating through avatars”, and his durability as just Low Multiverse level. All of those stats should have the same formatting as the tier.

His first key’s stamina needs to be changed to Superhuman.

His key section goes under the Tier section.

You left the notes about Post-Flashpoint Darkseid in the sandbox when they should be on his Post-Flashpoint profile.
Fixed, good now?

Fixed, good now?
Uh, not quite.

When I said his stats should have the same formatting as the tier, I mean it should be “Low Multiverse level, as low as Solar System level when operating through avatars“. Darkseid himself doesn’t have a Variable tier, only his avatars do, so he shouldn’t be listed as such.

And his key section goes under the tier section, not under the AP section.

Fix those, and then it’ll be good to go.

I also think that it seems like a good idea to separate Darkseid's pre-Crisis, post-Crisis, and post-Flashpoint incarnations into different pages.

Uh, not quite.

When I said his stats should have the same formatting as the tier, I mean it should be “Low Multiverse level, as low as Solar System level when operating through avatars“. Darkseid himself doesn’t have a Variable tier, only his avatars do, so he shouldn’t be listed as such.

And his key section goes under the tier section, not under the AP section.

Fix those, and then it’ll be good to go.
Fixed. Also, what would you call the pages now?
I also think that it seems like a good idea to separate Darkseid's pre-Crisis, post-Crisis, and post-Flashpoint incarnations into different pages.
Nice. Also, could you tag one more DC staff please.

IIRC, Darkseid during his Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis is the same true self, just that his avatars have been consistently weaker in the latter due to generally being comparable to a weaker generation of characters. Or at least that was how someone like PrinceoftheMorning or Mr Sandman (Forgot who) revised them. But the separate character(s) entirely should be split yeah. In which Post-Flashpoint is different than the Pre-Flashpoint yeah.

IIRC, Darkseid during his Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis is the same true self, just that his avatars have been consistently weaker in the latter due to generally being comparable to a weaker generation of characters. Or at least that was how someone like PrinceoftheMorning or Mr Sandman (Forgot who) revised them. But the separate character(s) entirely should be split yeah. In which Post-Flashpoint is different than the Pre-Flashpoint yeah.
Agree for the same reason as DarkDragonMedeus.

Maybe remove “at least” for Godhood due to the fact that he fell into that hole. The hole whether caused by him being the singularity or not is doing the damage, not him.

He doesn't scale to it rather all his pieces are there thus everything “will” be Darkseid. The destruction itself is not him and affecting was a process. So he wouldn't be any higher thus no need for “at least” 2-C rather he would be likely 2-C or just 2-C.

Aren't his Godhead form and his apokolips form the same thing?

No. His Godhead is different. It's even stated that when heroes go to places in the Godsphere, they go to their interpretation of it. Lord Blaze explains it here, and Grant Morrison explained it in Final Crisis. "Superman, Batman and the Justice League know about the New Gods because they've met them, but we've never really seen the New Gods in their full power before. We've seen their actions. The DC superheroes see the New Gods as other superheroes in the way that Orion or Barda can join the Justice League. They've never understood that what they really are are f---ing gods. This story is about the first time Darkseid actually manifests on the planet. Everything we have ever seen before has been kind of projections from the world of the New Gods and for the first time we're seeing them in their full power. And it�s like what would happen if a god appeared on the planet. Galactus is one god. This is a whole bunch of them, that's how bad it is."

Maybe remove “at least” for Godhood due to the fact that he fell into that hole. The hole whether caused by him being the singularity or not is doing the damage, not him.

He doesn't scale to it rather all his pieces are there thus everything “will” be Darkseid. The destruction itself is not him and affecting was a process. So he wouldn't be any higher thus no need for “at least” 2-C rather he would be likely 2-C or just 2-C.
Maybe bring this up in another CRT, because this one is just for formatting and a page split.

Also put the resistances in a smaller tabber
Ngl, putting tabbers inside of other tabbers is way more complicated than I thought. Done now tho. @Just_a_Random_Butler definetly didn't help

In any case, I have applied the split:
Here is the new Pre-Flashpoint page
Here is the old Post-Flashpoint page

A few things I need your help with Ant.
As of now, the old page is called: "Darkseid." Please rename it to "Darkseid (Post-Flashpoint)"
Also, could you change the Article List template to reflect the page split since It's locked.

Ngl, putting tabbers inside of other tabbers is way more complicated than I thought. Done now tho. @Just_a_Random_Butler definetly didn't help

In any case, I have applied the split:
Here is the new Pre-Flashpoint page
Here is the old Post-Flashpoint page

A few things I need your help with Ant.
As of now, the old page is called: "Darkseid." Please rename it to "Darkseid (Post-Flashpoint)"
Also, could you change the Article List template to reflect the page split since It's locked.
I've fixed the naming convention, in addition to the Article List template link.

You'll also have to change and update the ones linking to just the "Darkseid" page title to either the Pre-Flashpoint or Post-Flashpoint one. I don't know anything about DC, so it's better if someone could handle it instead.

I've fixed the naming convention, in addition to the Article List template link.

You'll also have to change and update the ones linking to just the "Darkseid" page title to either the Pre-Flashpoint or Post-Flashpoint one. I don't know anything about DC, so it's better if someone could handle it instead.
Perfect thank you. I'll finish editing the linked pages after I go eat something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back