• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBZ Goku's analytical prediction needs to have its source.

15fefb6d3e985d52c50b05208c85f957.png

Simply put, the DBZ goku has Analytical Prediction with no source. This is just to add a justification with a link to this image to source and justify it, as it's rather vague without.

Analytical Prediction (Can feel small changes in the air around him to predict his opponent's movements)

This is the exact wording i'm proposing.

I believe King Kai describe Manga Goku's analytical prediction as Goku straight up looking into the future, or "forcing yourself into the future", so that might be more akin to legitimate future sight.

Well, I don't remember if this happens in the manga but I know it happens in the anime. So, take that as you will.

This isn't a proper scan for analytical prediction since it doesn't say that goku is predicting just that he knows what his opponent is doing. This scan would support Extrasensory Perception or Enhanced Senses.

Forgot about this.

This isn't a proper scan for analytical prediction since it doesn't say that goku is predicting just that he knows what his opponent is doing. This scan would support Extrasensory Perception or Enhanced Senses.
Do you have any idea where Analytical Prediction is from? I can't find anything, and this is the closest I could get.

Forgot about this.
Same lol. I remembered it by accident while looking at Goku's profile.
Do you have any idea where Analytical Prediction is from? I can't find anything, and this is the closest I could get.
Assuming we can't find anything, then we should just remove the ability from his profile, and add the air current scan to his Enhanced Senses justification.

Also, we should still add the justification I suggested earlier for Chou Goku's Analytical Prediction.
Hey, while we're at it, maybe we should add justification for Manga Goku's Analytical Prediction as well.

Analytical Prediction (Can feel small changes in the air around him to predict his opponent's movements. During his fight against Hit, he managed to consistently predict his movements and attacks before they happened, which allowed Goku to counter Hit's Time Skip ability)

Feel free to tweak the wording if necessary of course.

Goku has analytical prediction because he dodged yakons attack by feeling air currents and yes it counts for both Extrasensory Perception and analytical prediction

Goku has analytical prediction because he dodged yakons attack by feeling air currents and yes it counts for both Extrasensory Perception and analytical prediction

That's not Analytical Prediction from how I see it, all Goku is doing is detecting in the moment and reacting from there.
Forgot about this.

No idea myself.

The thing is, it isn't said nor is it really shown that Goku is predicting the attacks before they occur. All that is given is that Goku can tell what he's doing by reading the air currents. That's not prediction in any form or manner, he's just detecting something as it occurs and reacting from there.

Air currents reaches before the actual attacks and being able to read air currents also mean one knows the trajectory of an attack unless air currents work differently in dragon Ball this is analytical Prediction

Air currents reaches before the actual attacks and being able to read air currents also mean one knows the trajectory of an attack unless air currents work differently in dragon Ball this is analytical Prediction
Analytical Prediction, being a sub-version of Precognition is being able to predict something before it occurs, Goku isn't predicting an attack before it happens he's just observing one as it's going. Sure, he's detecting the air to do so, but he's reacting in the moment not before.

"Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities. Given this wide variety of methods, any given user's form of Precognition and its limitations should be described on their page."

This can definitely still be Analytical Prediction.

Hey, while we're at it, maybe we should add justification for Manga Goku's Analytical Prediction as well.

Analytical Prediction (Can feel small changes in the air around him to predict his opponent's movements. During his fight against Hit, he managed to consistently predict his movements and attacks before they happened, which allowed Goku to counter Hit's Time Skip ability)

Feel free to tweak the wording if necessary of course.
I added the DBS portion of my proposal to Chou Goku's profile since it's pretty straightforward and simple.

What are we gonna do about DBZ Goku?

Sorry, but could you please link those statements so we can have a look at them? I don't remember them at all, but they could help settle this.
Also as a note we should all give the chapter / volume number of the showings so it makes it consistent with other profiles
  • Popo - Chapter 164 Volume 14
  • Frieza - Chapter 115 / 309 Volume 10 / 26
  • Yakon - Chapter 256 / 450 / Volume 22 / 38
  • Vegito - Chapter 310 / 504 Volume 26 / 42
Anyways after looking at all of these I don't think any qualify as analytical prediction. I think they're all just differing degrees of enhanced senses.

Also as a note we should all give the chapter / volume number of the showings so it makes it consistent with other profiles
  • Popo - Chapter 164 Volume 14
  • Frieza - Chapter 115 / 309 Volume 10 / 26
  • Yakon - Chapter 256 / 450 / Volume 22 / 38
  • Vegito - Chapter 310 / 504 Volume 26 / 42
Anyways after looking at all of these I don't think any qualify as analytical prediction. I think they're all just differing degrees of enhanced senses.
Yeah, these all seem to be Enhaced Senses/Ki Sensing.

None of these are examples of Analytical Prediction.
Goku is not predicting anything. He is simply following his senses -- every living creature does that.

"Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities. Given this wide variety of methods, any given user's form of Precognition and its limitations should be described on their page."

Yeah. This is just giving him a better array of enhanced senses. He doesn't really get analytical prediction until DBS.
I'm not seeing it. The closest one is Popo's statement and that still feels more like Enhanced Senses than prediction.

I already applied AP to Chou Goku's profile a while ago. If he has other feats that I missed, feel free to mention them now.

Also, maybe we should add the other feats mentioned above to Goku's profile(s) as extra justification for his Enhanced Senses?

Back