• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Anime vs Manga Scaling

I'll keep this brief.
What is the reasoning behind the difference in tiers between BoG Manga Goku and BoG Anime Goku? I understand that Goku (Chou) was downgraded in an earlier thread and I'm not going to attempt to argue about that (a bit late to the draw there). However, how I understand it, in both continuities, Universe 7 would've been destroyed had Beerus and Goku kept fighting (in the manga, if Goku hadn't run out of stamina; in the anime, if Goku hadn't cancelled out the last attack).
If Goku (Anime) got 3-A from this feat, why didn't Goku (Chou) get the same scaling? Same statements surrounding the feat (minus the narrator in the manga) and fairly similar fight structure as well as the exact same cosmology. This has probably been asked before, so if there is an answer on the site, I'd like a link to it.
Additionally, is there a difference between the scaling of characters such as Beerus and Broly between the two continuities? Considering the manga makes at least two direct references to the Broly movie and considering post-Broly manga characters aren't Low 2-C, why isn't there a page for him in the manga specifically? Additionally, shouldn't Beerus also be scaled differently, considering the highest feat he did was in the BoG, which was high-end 3-B in the manga (if we aren't taking his fight with Champa as proof of him being At least 3-A)? He was fairly confident in his ability to take care of Planet Moro, but I digress.
This was longer than I at first expected, sorry about that. DBS canon and scaling on this site has always been a bit weird to me, so excuse me for any errors here.

Here is where it was decided: https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragon-ball-super-manga-downgrades.110133/

The thread's pretty long but in short, the main argument for removing 3-A was that the timeframe of the feat was unknown in the manga so the level of 3-B is unknown and any attempt to try to upscale to 3-A isn't allowed.

Beerus in the manga never had the half 2-C statement and the statement during his fight with Champa was considered too vague to get 3-A.

The manga pretty much just incorporates the Broly movie as is into its story so a profile for manga Broly would be unnecessary since he'd be exactly the same except 3-B.

Here is where it was decided: https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragon-ball-super-manga-downgrades.110133/

The thread's pretty long but in short, the main argument for removing 3-A was that the timeframe of the feat was unknown in the manga so the level of 3-B is unknown and any attempt to try to upscale to 3-A isn't allowed.

Beerus in the manga never had the half 2-C statement and the statement during his fight with Champa was considered too vague to get 3-A.

The manga pretty much just incorporates the Broly movie as is into its story so a profile for manga Broly would be unnecessary since he'd be exactly the same except 3-B.
Thanks for that.
Which "half 2-C statement" are you referring to? And could you also post a link to the thread with the decision that Beerus and Champa's fight wasn't 3-A in the manga?
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Would the same apply to Beerus as well?

Thanks for that.
Which "half 2-C statement" are you referring to? And could you also post a link to the thread with the decision that Beerus and Champa's fight wasn't 3-A in the manga?
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Would the same apply to Beerus as well?
In the anime, Beerus and Champa get into a short fight that is stopped Whis and Vados since they said the fight would destroy both Universe 6 and 7.

It was decided in the same thread I linked above.

Yep, at this point there probably aren't differences between manga Beerus and anime Beerus to warrant a new profile.

The one where Whis and Vados stops Beerus and Champa and told them that 2 GoDs must never fight otherwise they result in 2 universes from being destroyed which is in anime only.Manga has no statements for that(I am sorry I don't know how to add images in new forum)

Back